25th October 2016, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

What should I pursue after class 10th to become an IPS?

Respected Sir, I want to become an IPS officer. I want to know that What should I pursue after class 10th to become an IPS? Please provide every detail regarding the same.

Related Questions:
  1. How should I become an IPS? What is the percentage required in class 10th?
  2. Is it possible to join IPS/IES with 57% marks in 10th?
  3. How can I pursue Photojournalism after completing class 10th? Is there any exam required to pursue the course?
  4. How much should I score in class 10th to pursue CA course? Which course should I pursue as Degree course and what is the job scope after completing CA course?
  5. How can I become a IPS officer after completing 10th class?
  6. How to become an IPS officer after passing 10th class? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Am I eligible to join the Indian Army without completing Class 10th? Is it possible to pursue class 10th while working for the Indian Army?
  8. What are the career opportunities available after completing class 10th? Can I pursue Graphic Designing or Animation?
  9. Is there any institute in Delhi to take the course of IPS from inter?
  10. Which course should I opt for after completion of 10th class to become an IPS Officer?
  11. Am I eligible to pursue a Career in English Language after completing class 10th? Which course should I pursue in English stream?
  12. Is it possible to pursue BCA course after completing class 10th? How can I get admission in BCA course?
  13. Which degree course should I pursue to become an IPS Officer? Which exam do I have to write?
  14. Which stream should I take after 10th to become an IPS Officer?
  15. Can I pursue Diploma after completing class 10th with 54% marks or should I try something else?
  16. Is it possible to pursue Mass Communication after class 10th?
  17. What should I do to become an Aeronautical Engineer after 10th?
  18. Can I pursue BPO course after completing class 10th? Is it a good Career choice to pursue BPO course? -- [New]
26th October 2016, 08:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I pursue after class 10th to become an IPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I want to become an IPS officer. I want to know that What should I pursue after class 10th to become an IPS? Please provide every detail regarding the same.
After completion 10th standard, you can do 12th standard with Bio science. After 12th standard, you can choose B.Sc in Botany to become a IPS officer. Because this subject is scoring in Civil Service Exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
27th December 2017, 08:50 AM
nishanth60

Default Re: What should I pursue after class 10th to become an IPS?

After 10th standard, you must complete your 12 th standard and bachelor degree in the stream in which you have more intrest and after that you can apply for IPS exam.
IPS examination is part of civil services exam conducted by UPSC every year.
The educational qualification required to apply for this exam is Graduation or equivalent examination pass from UGC approved college or university. Final years pursuing students are also eligible to apply for this exam.
And the number of attempts allowed to write this exam are : 6 times for General category, 9 times for OBC category and no such restriction for SC and ST candidates.
Age limit to apply is 21-32 years for General category candidates and the age relaxations are as per government regulations.
And physical standards required to apply for this exam are :
-> 165 cm height for General category and 160 cm for reserved category in case of men & 150 cm height for general and 145 cm for reserved category in case of women candidates.
-> Eye sight should be 6/6 or 6/9 for good eye, 6/9 or 6/12 for bad eye for distant vision & 0.6 in good eye, 0.8 in bad eye for near vision.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?