21st February 2017, 05:40 PM
ATUL KUMAR AMOLI

Am I eligible to appear for NDA exam without having Maths as subject in class 12th (Commerce)? What is the qualification criteria and age required to apply for NDA exam?

Respected Sir, I have completed my class 12th (Commerce) but I did not have Maths as subject so I want to know am I eligible to appear for NDA exam without having Maths as subject in class 12th (Commerce)? What is the qualification criteria and age required to apply for NDA exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

24th February 2017, 10:48 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NDA exam without having Maths as subject in class 12th (Commerce)? What is the qualification criteria and age required to apply for NDA exam?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same you will have to qualify NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Being a Class 12th passed candidate with Commerce stream ( without Mathematics ) you are eligible for appearing in NDA entrance examination but only to join Indian Army as for other two wings i.e; Indian Navy and Indian Air force only students having completed their Class 12th with PCM group are eligible.

--> Apart from the educational requirement you must satisfy the criteria mentioned here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must satisfy the physical fitness norm as per the service requirement mentioned in the notification released for the same examination.

For more details about NDA entrance examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
24th February 2017, 11:45 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NDA exam without having Maths as subject in class 12th (Commerce)? What is the qualification criteria and age required to apply for NDA exam?

National Defence Academy (NDA) exam is a national level exam which is conducted every year by UPSC for admission in Army, Navy and Air Force Wings. You have completed your 12th standard and do not have Math subject in class 12th. You want to know about the eligibility criteria for NDA exam.

**Yes definitely you are eligible but you are eligible only for Army Wing you are eligible for Army. Following are the details of age limit and educational qualification for NDA exam.

>>Eligibility:

--Candidates should Pass 12th Class of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University for Army Wing of National Defence Academy

--12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University for Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy.

>>Age Limit:17 to 20 years.

>>Selection Procedure: The selection Procedure consists of written exam, psychological aptitude test, intelligence and personal test and SSB interview.

**If you still have any doubt regarding the eligibility criteria, exam pattern then you can go through the detailed advertisement of NDA exam in below attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Notification-English-UPSC-NDA-NA-I-Examination.pdf(375.9 KB, 7 views)
24th February 2017, 11:49 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in NDA examination after completion of your 12th standard with Commerce stream and even if you don't have Mathematics subject in your 12th standard. Candidates who have passed 12th standard in any stream from a recognised board are eligible to appear in NDA examination and they are eligible to join only in Indian Army. You should be an Unmarried Male candidate and should be at least 16.5 to 19.5 years of age to be eligible to appear in NDA examination.
24th February 2017, 11:52 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year for recruitment of candidates in defence services.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from any recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you can appear for examination without having mathematics as main paper in 12th. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th February 2017, 11:55 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NDA examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment in Air Force, Navy and Indian Army. But, you will be eligible to appear for only recruitment in Indian Army.

The required qualification to appear for examination for Indian Army is candidate must have passed 12th from any recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear for examination. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
25th February 2017, 02:39 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are certainly eligible for appearing in NDA ( National Defense Academy ) entrance examination being a Class 12th passed candidate as for the same the minimum educational requirement is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board. Meanwhile not having studied Physics and Mathematics at your higher secondary level you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air force through NDA.

Apart from your educational qualification, you are required to be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years for appearing in the same examination. Further the physical and mental fitness is required as per the service requirement for must.

For more details regarding NDA entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
26th February 2017, 01:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUL KUMAR AMOLI View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed my class 12th (Commerce) but I did not have Maths as subject so I want to know am I eligible to appear for NDA exam without having Maths as subject in class 12th (Commerce)? What is the qualification criteria and age required to apply for NDA exam? Please answer as soon as possible.
Yes, you are eligible for NDA exam but you should apply for Indian Army post.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized board are eligible for NDA exam in all posts.

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?