5th June 2017, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for BCA after completion of 12th Arts?

Hey, I have passed 12 arts and now I am interested in doing BCA. So can I study BCA after 12th arts? What is the minimum criteria required to apply for the course? Can someone please give me the right information on the same? Awaiting for the response.

5th June 2017, 05:24 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for BCA after completion of 12th Arts?

No, you are not eligible to apply for BCA after completion of 12th arts:-

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Application.

Eligibility Criteria for BCA:-

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably science stream with at least 50% marks in mathematics. As one of the subject of studies from a recognised board.

Your age should not be below 17 years.
5th June 2017, 05:40 PM
mrghost
Member+

Sorry, you are not eligible BCA with arts stream

Eligibility criteria for BCA:

- Candidate must be Indian citizens.

- The candidate must pass 12th with science stream.

- Physics, chemistry and mathematics are compulsory subjects.

- The minimum marks secured in 12th standard should be at least 50%.

- Duration of this course is 3 years.
5th June 2017, 05:47 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application.

Eligibility:
1) Candidates who have passed 10 + 2 examination from any recognised board in any discipline with mathematics as a compulsory subject is eligible to pursue this course.

2) Maximum age limit for admission to BCA course is 21 years for general category and 24 years for SC / ST category.

3) The admission to BCA course will be made on the basis of merit of the qualifying examination.

You are eligible only if you have passed your 12th standard with mathematics as a compulsory subject in any discipline.
5th June 2017, 05:53 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and it is three year vocational course from a recognised university.

The eligibility to get admission in course is candidate must have passed 12th with PCM as main paper from a recognised board.

But some of the institutes offers admission to candidates passed 12th in any discipline or have at least mathematics as main paper.

So, you can visit official website of university\institutes to get details for admission in respective university.

You are eligible for admission in :-

IPU.

Kurushetra university.
5th June 2017, 06:24 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. It is a three-year Bachelor's degree course in the field of Computer Applications. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any discipline from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue BCA course. Admissions in BCA course are done through merit basis of 12th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university. Since, you have passed your 12th standard with Arts stream from a Government recognised board, you are eligible to pursue BCA course.
5th June 2017, 07:55 PM
rachamallamanoj

Yes you can apply for BCA course.

The basic eligibility is
1. You must pass 12th in any stream from a recognised board.
2. Some colleges prefer students from science stream or who have studied Mathematics and Computer Science at 10+2 level.
3. You must get at least 45% marks in 12th.
4. Your age must be minimum 17 years.

The top colleges in India for BCA are
1. Christ University, Bangalore
2. Madras Christian College, Chennai
3. Presidency College, Bangalore
4. Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Pune
5. DAV College, Chandigarh
5th June 2017, 08:16 PM
rachamallamanoj

Yes you can apply for BCA course.

The basic eligibility is
1. You must pass 12th in any stream from a recognised board.
2. Some colleges prefer students from science stream or who have studied Mathematics and Computer Science at 10+2 level.
3. You must get at least 45% marks in 12th.
4. Your age must be minimum 17 years.

The top colleges in India for BCA are
1. Christ University, Bangalore
2. Madras Christian College, Chennai
3. Presidency College, Bangalore
4. Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Pune
5. DAV College, Chandigarh
5th June 2017, 09:43 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and it is three year course from a recognised unviersity.

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in course after 12th from Arts stream. The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

There is no limitation on discipline of 12th stream to appear for examination in some of the universities and institutes.

So, you are eligible for admission in only some of the institutes not in all of them.

Some of the available colleges for you are :-

Delhi School of Economics.

Kurushetra university.

GGSIPU.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in entrance examination for admission in course.
5th June 2017, 09:48 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and it is three year course from a recognised unviersity.

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in course after 12th from Arts stream. The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

There is no limitation on discipline of 12th stream to appear for examination in some of the universities and institutes.

So, you are eligible for admission in only some of the institutes not in all of them.

Some of the available colleges for you are :-

Delhi School of Economics.

Kurushetra university.

GGSIPU.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in entrance examination for admission in course.
6th June 2017, 12:46 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria for BCA course is vary for different institutions. Some colleges have the eligibility as 12th with Mathematics and English but some college demands only for intermediate. So you have to check in your institution. Thanks
6th June 2017, 02:29 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Administration. This is a 3 year course being offered by many of the colleges in India.

Having completed 12th class in Arts stream, you are eligible to join BCA course at Graduation level.

But it would have been better if you have opted for MPC stream in your 10+2.

Still not a problem. You can join BCA in a top college where there is top faculty and good scope for campus placements.

One can get direct admission for BCA course. No Entrance Exam will be conducted to give admission for this course.

If you score minimum 50% of marks in your 10+2, you can get admission easily.

Make most out of the BCA course by gaining strong subject knowledge and communication skills.

Along with your academics, prepare a plan for further studies also like you need to join M.Sc or MCA in Post Graduation or any other Post Graduation course.

One you choose the course that you want to join in Post Graduation, start preparation for the respective Entrance Exam from the 2nd year of your Graduation.

As of now, there is good boom in IT industry. Candidates who completed MCA are hiring in top IT companies with good salaries. Hope you will also be having good career scope.
6th June 2017, 05:25 PM
help100%

I guess no, because as per minimum eligibility you should posses combination subject of English and computer science or application in you 10+2 and the best is combination subject of English, maths and computer science in your 10+2 as its asked by most of the universities and colleges of repute.

If you possess the above mentioned subjects in your 10+2 then you need to acquire an aggregate marks of around 50 to 60% to fullfill the minimum required eligibility.

Once all the eligibility criteria is fulfilled then you need to appear in their entrance exam on qualifying to the merit list, you will get offer of admission from the respective universities you applied for BCA.
7th June 2017, 11:38 AM
LiyaSharan

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to apply for BCA after completion of 12th Arts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey, I have passed 12 arts and now I am interested in doing BCA. So can I study BCA after 12th arts? What is the minimum criteria required to apply for the course? Can someone please give me the right information on the same? Awaiting for the response.
Hi.. Normally universities are asking for 12th in science stream to get admission in BCA. However, you can find some institutes which are giving admission in BCA for those who have scored 50% in 12th in any discipline like Lovely Professional University. This institute is also giving scholarships based on your 12th score and score in university test. You can visit the website for more details regarding the BCA course and to apply for that.
7th June 2017, 03:11 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

BCA refers to Bachelor of Computer Application and as the name suggests same is a professional bachelor degree course with good career scope in software world.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing BCA degree is a higher secondary school degree course with Mathematics as main subject with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of education. Students having any equivalent degree are also eligible.

So as far as you are concerned about your eligibility to pursue BCA degree course having completed your Class 12th with Arts stream then it is evident from above mentioned criteria that you are eligible to pursue BCA degree course only if you have studied Mathematics at higher secondary school level otherwise not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?