30th November 2016, 05:31 PM
Nouman zahiruddin

Am I eligible to apply for CPMT exam if passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology as an extra subject from Uttar Pradesh board? Procedure for it?

Dear sir, I have completed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology as an extra subject from Uttar Pradesh board. Am I eligible to apply for CPMT exam? Procedure for it?

14th December 2016, 07:24 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CPMT exam if passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology as an extra subject from Uttar Pradesh board? Procedure for it?

* CPMT refers to Combined Pre Medical Test and it was a state level entrance examination held for admission in MBBS/BDS degree courses in medical colleges of Uttar Pradesh. But from the last year UPCPMT along with AIPMT and other State PMTs are replaced by NEET for admission in any medical college of India.

* NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and is held by CBSE once every year. The minimum eligibility criteria required for the same examination are as here under :-

a) You must be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 17 years to 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are going to appear in the same examination. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

b) You must have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least 50% aggregate ( 40% in case of reserved category candidates ) from a recognized board.

So having completed your Class 12th with PCMB group you are eligible for appearing in NEET and hence for admission in medical colleges of Uttar Pradesh.

For further details regarding NEET you can log on to the link www.aipmt.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?