1st August 2017, 04:55 PM
tiwae

Am I eligible to apply for IAS if I am a physically challenged student?

Sir/Mam, I am a physically handicapped student. MP PH CATEGORY was (one arm and one leg affected), So I want to know that will I was eligible for IAS? Can you please give me the minimum criteria followed for the same? Awaiting for the response.

4th August 2017, 12:29 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS if I am a physically challenged student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiwae View Post
Sir/Mam, I am a physically handicapped student. MP PH CATEGORY was (one arm and one leg affected), So I want to know that will I was eligible for IAS? Can you please give me the minimum criteria followed for the same? Awaiting for the response.

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the IAS(Indian Administrative Services)exam. Candidate with physically disability are allowed to apply for the IAS exam which is carried out by UPSC every year.

Eligibility to Apply for IAS exam:-

>> Candidate applying for IAS exam must be Indian citizen.

>> Candidate with physically disability age limit to apply is 42 years.

>> Number of attempts allowed to apply for Handicapped person for general category is 9 attempts and for candidate of SC/ST category unlimited attempts allowed till the candidate cross the age limit.

Steps of Selection in IAS exam:-

1). Preliminary Exam:- Based on Current Affairs, General Science and carries 400 marks.

2). Main Entrance Exam:- Based on essay type long questions and carries 1200 marks.

3). Personal Interview:- Candidate after clearing main exam are called for personal interview and it carries 275 marks.

Good luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?