26th January 2018, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum eye power needed to become a Loco Pilot?

If I am using specs will I be able to be Loco Pilot in future? What is the minimum eye sight requirement for it? If I'm eligible than how should I apply for it?

28th January 2018, 06:43 PM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: What is the minimum eye power needed to become a Loco Pilot?

You are not eligible to become Loco Pilot if you wear specs as this post comes under the medical category A-1 of the Indian Railways Medical Standards which have following criteria :

- 6/6, 6/6 without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6,0.6 without glasses (must clear fogging test) and must pass test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision.

- You can have done Lasik surgery on your eyes it will help you remove your spectacles and have a better vision.
29th January 2018, 08:45 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Candidates have to pass the Medical Fitness Test conducted by the Railway Administration to become Loco pilot. Vision test is one of them. Candidates should have 6/6 eyesight in both of eyes and they must pass the fogging test also to pass the medical test.
So, if you are able to pass the above mentioned tests with wearing glasses, you will pass the medical test and go ahead to become a Loco pilot.
30th January 2018, 12:58 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Loco pilot is very responsible job and having a good eyesight is definitely required for it. Hence, there are many tests conducted during medical examination for eye like fogging test. Also you need to have color vision, Field vision, Binocular vision and Night vision to get this job.

Therefore, if you wear spectacles and want to join this post, then you need to pass all the above tests. Just make sure you have the eyesight according to the standards.
31st January 2018, 05:01 PM
Ramabai L

Loco pilot is a major responsible job, clear eyesight is definitely required to become a loco pilot. During the medical test, the candidate should free from color blindness, fogging, and other. Also, the candidate should need to have color vision, Field vision, Binocular vision and Night vision to be a Loco pilot.

Required eyesight to become a Loco Pilot is 6/6.
19th March 2018, 01:46 AM
@sha2nk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If I am using specs will I be able to be Loco Pilot in future? What is the minimum eye sight requirement for it? If I'm eligible than how should I apply for it?
The job of LOCO PILOT requires highest standard of medical fitness, including naked vision of 6/6,.

As you are using a spectacles ,means you do not possess a naked vision of 6/6

Hence unfortunately you are not eiligible to be a loco pilot.

"Only,the candidates meeting the required medical standard may only apply."
This is what Railway recruitment Board says.
4th September 2019, 07:32 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have 6/6 vision both eyes can i apply for loco pilot job in Indian railways.
24th November 2019, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

I m.tech III ,I want to join locopilot through departmental exam,but I had glasses of 0.5 no. Will I eligible for service.
30th April 2020, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am anbalagan I want to became loco pilot but eye sight is higk for me can I selection for pilot
17th May 2020, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

My vision 6/6 but,I am wearing specs can I become locopilot
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?