21st July 2017, 01:25 PM
santhosh kumar mamidoju

Am I eligible to apply for M.Sc Computer science after completion of B.Sc with MPC?

Hai sir, I completed my B.Sc with Maths, Physics & Chemistry. Now I want do M.Sc computer science, am I eligible to do MSc computer science? I don't have the computer back ground in B.Sc. Please, give a solution for me soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for MSc computer course after scoring 61% in BSc MPC
  2. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Computer Science?
  3. Am I eligible for MSc Electronics course after pursuing BSc Computer Science?
  4. What to do after completion of B.Sc MPC with 53%?
  5. Am I eligible to do MS Computer Science in USA after completion of M.Sc computer science with 40 percent marks in 12th standard and B.Sc? -- [New]
  6. What to do after bsc in computer science? MSc or MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which is better M.Sc IT or M.Sc CS after completion of B.Sc Computer Science?
  8. Am I eligible for MSc astronomy in IISC Bangalore? I am pursuing BSc final year with PCM and computer science
  9. Difference between MSc after BSc and Integrated MSc?
  10. Which course should I join after completion of Intermediate in MPC having interest in Computer Science?
  11. What is the difference between MSc maths and MSc computer science?
  12. Am I eligible to do M.Sc IT course after completion of B.Sc Computer Science?
  13. Am I eligible to do M.Sc Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc in Life Sciences?
  14. Am I eligible for doing MS in computer science after doing BSc computer science? How can I apply for both regular and correspondence course?
  15. MSc Mathematics or MSc Computer Science after BSc Computer Science?
  16. Am I eligible to do MSc computer science after doing degree in BSc computer through distance
  17. What is the scope in BSc computer science field? Which is better after doing BSc computer Science, MCA or MSc?
  18. What is the scope and salary expected after completion of B.Sc Computer Science course?
29th July 2017, 12:42 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for M.Sc Computer science after completion of B.Sc with MPC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh kumar mamidoju View Post
Hai sir, I completed my B.Sc with Maths, Physics & Chemistry. Now I want do M.Sc computer science, am I eligible to do MSc computer science? I don't have the computer back ground in B.Sc. Please, give a solution for me soon. Thanks!
Those who studied Mathematics and Computer science subjects at Bachelor degree course and 12th standard are eligible to apply for M.Sc in Computer Science course. So, definitely you are eligible to apply for M.Sc in Computer science course.
30th July 2017, 02:25 AM
nagam.

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for M.Sc Computer science after completion of B.Sc with MPC?

Even though you don't have computer background in B.Sc, you can apply for M.Sc Computer Science.

You are completely eligible and you don't need to think much about it.

Before applying, there is a process.

Written test is there for M.Sc Computer Science.

Your university will conduct that written test. It is easy only. You can pass in the exam with ease.

After you pass written test, you can apply for M.Sc Computer Science.
30th July 2017, 10:39 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Master of Science in Computer application:

1. Bachelor of Science in computer application or Bachelor of Computer Application or Bachelor of science from a recognized university.

You can apply for M.Sc Computer application after completion of B.Sc with MPC. The best university for pursuing this course is Delhi University.
31st July 2017, 02:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Master of Science in Computer Science:

>>The academic qualification required for this course is:

1. Bachelor's degree in computer Science or Bachelor of Applied Physical Science with Computer and Mathematics or B.Sc general mathematical science.

You must have studied Computer at bachelor's degree level to pursue this course.If you have not studied computer at bachelor's degree level then you can not pursue M.Sc in Computer science.
31st July 2017, 07:34 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

M.Sc in Computer Science refers to Master of Science in Computer Science is a two year master degree program for which the minimum educational qualification required is a bachelor degree course in Computer Science/ Computer Applications Computer Engineering/ Information Technology/ Informatics with 50% marks from a recognized university.

So having not studied Computer Science at any previous level of academics you are not eligible for pursuing M.Sc in Computer Science.

As far as the solution is concerned then you can continue your higher studies with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and then look to make career associated with these subjects.
31st July 2017, 08:24 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Whether you are eligible to apply for pursuing M.Sc in Computer Science or not basically depends upon the subjects you choose in Bachelor Degree level. The basic educational qualification required is as follows.

>> Candidates must have completed Bachelor of Science in IT or Computer Science to be eligible with minimum 55 to 60% marks.

>> On the other side, you must have studied B.Sc in Physics, Mathematics, Applied Physical Sciences with Computers as one of the subjects.

>> If you have completed B.Sc with MPC with Computer's as one of the subjects, then you will be eligible. Otherwise, you are not eligible to pursue this M.Sc in Computer Science course.
31st July 2017, 09:04 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing M.Sc in Computer Science degree is a bachelor degree with at least 50% marks from a recognized university. Further the graduate degree of candidate must include Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Information Technology/ Computer Engineering / Information as main subjects for at least three years.

Now as you have clearly stated that your are a graduate with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and does not have Computer Science background at all hence you are not eligible to pursue M.Sc in Computer Science degree course rather you should look to continue your academics with any of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as these have very good career options in research field or in lectureship after M.Sc degree in these subjects.
20th August 2022, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

I am studying MPC 2nd year can I do computer science after this
23rd February 2023, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Can i appear for iit jam mathematical statistics having degree in bsc. Mpc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?