21st June 2012, 09:17 PM
ajitholidays

Am i eligible for B.Ttech programme in UDCT and B.E? What is the future scope?

Dear Sir,

My son has passed his 12th grade and cleared his aieee, bits exams. he is eligible for a B.Tech programme in UDCT and B.E. Chem engg in bits. He has a thought for Civil Engg as my business is in structures and construction. What is the future scope for both the engineering and which is better.

14th April 2016, 05:52 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am i eligible for B.Ttech programme in UDCT and B.E? What is the future scope?

B.Tech is one of the best technical course and 12th is the minimum educational eligibility criteria to go for this course. If your son have taken Science streams with Match as optional subject then he is 100% eligible for B.Tech course.

Now when it comes to branch selection then it becomes very tough to select any one streams of engineering, Because everyone wants to make his/her career bright. But selection of branch should only be done on the basis of Interest. If your child have is interested to go into Chemical engineering domain then its will be good to choose Chemical Engineering only. Chemical Engineering also have a lot of career options, because there are plenty numbers of chemical industry which offers job to chemical engineer. Some of the big chemical companies are : Asian Paint, Narolac, Tata Steel, Jindal Power Plant, Panther Pvt Ltd, Tisco, etc. Also ceramic will also be nice domain to work. There is nice career option in Glass designing and manufacturing. Also Chemical engineers can work in Petroleum field which is the best thing for Chemical engineers.

But if your business is of Construction then it will be better that your son should choose Civil course. Because there will no risk for job and you can show a number of career path. He can learn a lot with the help of your practical skills and he will feel very comfortable in Civil work. So I will suggest you to convince him for Civil Engineering.

If he is not ready to go into Civil domain then there is no need to worry because Chemical Engineering is also nice domain and career growth is also good.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?