13th September 2011, 02:07 AM
alkadewangan

Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after scoring 55%?

sir m i eligible in bank po exam?i have done my be in 55%?..please tell me if I am eligible

13th September 2011, 08:09 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after scoring 55%?

hi dear
there are some criteria to apply for bank po exam...
*The candidates should be a graduate from any discipline .
the % of mark vary from bank to bank .
above 60% is for sbi bank, .
*the age limit 22- 30 yrs.
relaxation for sc / st & obc candidates.
for more details you can visit official website of respective banks.
here i am providing you the exam pattern of bank po...

good luck..........
13th September 2011, 08:15 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Your eligibility for all banks i.e. private and public sector will depend on whether the score mentioned is the aggregate score or the final year score. If this is the aggregate score then you are eligible for the ICICI probationary officer programme. For the public sector banks any graduate can apply. For the private banks you need to clear their entrance exam. For the public sector banks you need to appear for the CWE and test conducted by banks not participating in CWE like State Bank group.
13th September 2011, 08:44 AM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
The minimum eligibility to apply for the Bank PO exam is to be a graduation.
It doesn't matter what particular percentage you have got in your graduation.
It also doesn't depend on the fact from which background you are.
So, you can easily apply for it.
All the very best.
13th September 2011, 10:11 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Bank PO jobs are in good demand these days. The competition for these bank PO exams is going on increasing. So, one must have to score more marks (around 70%) to get through the written exam.

The minimum eligibility with which a candidate can appear for Bank PO Exam is by having a Graduation degree.

The eligibility criteria will be little different from one bank to other. As far as the IBPS PO Exam is concerned, just a pass in graduation is enough to appear for IBPS PO Exam.

Some other banks may put the eligibility criteria that candidate need to secure a minimum of 55% of marks in graduation.

As per this criteria, you are eligible to appear for bank PO Exams. Join in good coaching institute and have good preparation and utilize the time well in the exam and crack the exam.

As per age criteria, one should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for bank PO exams. For IBPS, a candidate should be in the age group of 20-30 years.

There will be relaxation in upper age limit for the candidates of SC/ST and OBC candidates.
13th September 2011, 10:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkadewangan View Post
sir m i eligible in bank po exam?i have done my be in 55%?..please tell me if I am eligible
dear friend,

Yes , you are eligible for BANK PO exam because your graduation marks is above 55% .

But you are not eligible for SBI PO exam.

Those candidate have completed their graduation degree with above 55% marks from any recogniged university are eligible for BANK PO exam.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Sc/ST candidate have age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC candidate it is 3 years.

BANK PO exam consist of two steps 1) Written test 2)Personal Interview.

For written test you must be prepare for mathematics and general knowledge.Also you must have basic knowledge computer field.

Every bank set their own criteria .So it is not perfect criteria all BANK PO exam.

Also you are eligible for IBPS exam . The details of IBPS exam is given below.

IBPS exam is conduct for BANK PO for 17 banks .

Only those candidate have completed graduation degree are eligible for BANK PO exam.There is not consider any marks criteria.

Also all candidate age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

thanks
13th September 2011, 10:31 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
The eligibility criteria is differ bank to bank and every bank has there own eligibility criteria.Some bank prefers the graduation is enough and some prefers the 60% marks in their examination.Lets see the eligibility criteria for this examination.

The candidate should have a graduate degree from any recognized university.The candidate must secure at least 60% marks in their examination and some banks prefers the 55% marks in their examination.

SBI PO :-

Graduation is enough to appear for this examination.

The age should be between 21 - 30 years at the time of appearing.

Relaxation is given as per govt.rules.

IBPS PO (common bank examination) :-

Graduation is enough to appear for this examination.

The age should be between 20-30 years at the time of appearing.

Relaxation is given to the various reserved categories.

So don't worry you can apply for IBPS,SBI bank examination and other bank examination.My suggestion is apply for IBPS PO Examination.There is 19 banks are participating in this examination.So you can get Job easily.
13th September 2011, 12:37 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after scoring 55%?

Quote:
The question of yours is incomplete as you have not included in which you got 55% as it is either 10th,+2,UG or PG degree.

First of all make it clear before posting the question by checking whether have you have mentioned what you want to know.

Anyways you can check whether you are eligible for the Bank PO exam by the below mentioned criteria's:

> Candidate must be a citizen of India.

> Candidate must have a age limit of 21-30 years for General and for SC/ST candidates it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years.

> Candidates should have done their degree from a recognized university with 60% aggregate.This may change from bank-bank.

> Candidate who are writing their final degree exam can also apply for the Bank PO exam.

> Candidates should know about computers and its functionality and should know to operate on MS Office.

If you satisfy all the above criteria's then you are eligible for the Bank PO exam.

All the best
13th September 2011, 12:42 PM
sandeepsonipoly

Post Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after scoring 55%?

Quote:
alka, your percentage of graduation is enough for participating for bank PO exam.
this time bank exam is very popular and life making job provide a better life.
now some bank held a one grade exam IBPS PO exam, after examination a rank u will provide and after requirement they call u for interview.
every graduate who had got a 50% in degree.applicable for bank PO EXAM.
So u can eligible for that.
go and best of luck
13th September 2011, 12:48 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Hello dear

No. you are not eligiable for the Bank PO exam after scoring 55%.

Major Eligibility criteria for Bank PO Exams is given below

>>EDUCATION QUALIFICATION:-

Any degree course recognized by UGC.

>>minimum 60% marks in degree course.

>>AGE limit for general candidate:-

MINIMUM:-20 years.

MAXIMUM:30 years.

there have AGE RELAXATIONS:-

For SC/ST:- 5 years

FOR OBC:- 3 years

For PH:- 10 years

For EX-SERVICE MAN:-5years.

but some bank give marks criteria as 55% marks in graduation. so you can apply on those Bank exam.

all the best.........
13th September 2011, 12:52 PM
saugata2008

Eligibility criteria for the Govt. Banks -

1. Graduation with at least 55% marks .
2. Graduation from any recognized university .
3. Age limit = 21 to 30 years .
4. Candidate should be a citizen of India .

So you are eligible for the Govt. Bank job exams .
But most of the privet Bank sectors like Indian Overseas Bank , ICICI bank etc. require at least 60% to 60% in graduation .
There you are not eligible .

Thank you
13th September 2011, 06:14 PM
Tulasinagababu

Generally Bank exams require graduation education with high marks.
As you are completed your graduation so you are eligible for giving Bank exams.
Generally Bank exams consist of General awareness and current affairs questions...
So you need to do read daily News paper and Magazines like Pritiyogita Darpan ..You have to see previous question paper
14th September 2011, 12:06 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Dear,
List of top and best science courses after graduation in science stream, for ... Sir,i am b.sc pure science graduate(physic,chemistry,math) 2011 with 55% . ...... For that I want to know that : Am I eligible for Bank PO exams ? can I apply for the ...
ok,
22nd April 2013, 07:07 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

Sure friend,

You can apply for Bank PO exam but are not eligible for SBI PO exam due to your 55% aggregate in graduation.

For Bank PO exam :- The candidate must be passed in his/ her graduation from any recognized university.

For SBI PO exam :- The candidate must be scored 60% marks in his/ her graduation from any recognized university.

Eligibility criteria for PO exam :-

1] The age limit of the candidate must be 21 to 30 years.

There is also a relaxation provided to SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates.

Upper age limit relaxation :-

>> For SC/ ST candidate :- 5 years

>> For OBC :- 3 years

2] The candidate must be scored 60% marks in 12th class from any recognized board.

3] The candidate must have a degree in any discipline from any recognized university.

4] The candidate who is appearing in final year can also apply for this exam.

Selection process for this exam :-

1] Written test

2] Personal Interview

I hope this information will help you a lot.

All the best........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?