21st June 2017, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become a lecturer in good college after completion of 12th standard?

Sir/Mam, I have done plus two and my ambition is maths lecture. So, tell me l can become a lecture in good college? If am not eligible then what should be done next? Can you please guide me with the complete details on the same for me to reach my ambition and goal!

22nd June 2017, 10:31 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a lecturer in good college after completion of 12th standard?

The one who is interested to become maths lecturer in future , need to follow this:

Candidate must have completed graduation, post graduation and must have cracked NET exam.

Once you will qualify the NET exam then you will have NET scorecard. You can use this NET scorecard to get job as a lecturer in any government college of India.
23rd June 2017, 03:55 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a lecturer in good college after completion of 12th standard?

For becoming a lecturer in a reputed college, you must have Masters degree.

After attaining Masters degree in any stream, you can apply for the post of lecturer in any institute.

Regular vacancies of Institute are released through newspapers and websites of that particular institute.
23rd June 2017, 09:57 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To be a lecturer in a recognized college affiliated to UGC approved university you need to qualify NET ( National Eligibility Test) which is held by CBSE.

Further for appearing in NET the minimum educational qualification required is a Master's degree with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for SC/ST and PH category candidates.

So being a Class 12th passed student you will first need to complete your graduation degree course followed by a Master degree course and then have to qualify NET.

For details regarding NET you can refer to its official link i.e; www.cbsenet.nic.in .
24th June 2017, 12:30 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

No, you can't be a lecturer after completion of intermediate. To be a lecturer you have to give UGC NET exam conducted by CBSE. Candidates who have completed their post graduation with minimum of 55% marks are eligible for this exam. So first you have to complete your graduation and post graduation. Thanks
24th June 2017, 09:37 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria for becoming Lecturer in good college:

Academic qualification: Master's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year post graduation candidates can also apply for National Eligibility Test.

NET is conducted by CBSE on behalf of University Grants Commission for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship. Minimum of 55% marks in master's degree is required for NET exam for JRF and Lectureship.

You can apply for CBSE NET only after master's degree.
25th June 2017, 11:10 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. The minimum educational qualification required for becoming lecturer in college is master's degree. Those who have done post graduation can apply for National Eligibility Test for becoming lecturer in colleges.

2. For NET exam, any candidate need to have at least 55% marks in master's degree. You will be eligible for NET exam only after master's degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?