13th August 2013, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for CAT after studying B.Tech from civil branch?

heloooooooooo...,as am studying btech 4th yr from civil branch am intrested in bussiness so that i want to write cat exam this year am i eligible for this exam.pls answer in detail about this and degree also....thanking you eagerly waiting for the reply

17th August 2013, 02:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT after studying B.Tech from civil branch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
heloooooooooo...,as am studying btech 4th yr from civil branch am intrested in bussiness so that i want to write cat exam this year am i eligible for this exam.pls answer in detail about this and degree also....thanking you eagerly waiting for the reply

CAT stands for Common Admission Test which is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) for admission in various college for MBA course.

To apply for CAT examination you have to done your Graduation degree form a recognized University . Your graduation degree marks must be above 50% .SC/ST candidate required the marks of 45% .Final year of graduation degree candidate can also apply here .

You are now in B-Tech 4th year so you are applicable for CAT exam .

Selection procedure of CAT Exam is of two steps in which first step is written test.After clearance of written examination you will have to attend personnel interview.Some Institute conduct GD round in selection Process .

Best Books for CAT Exam

How To Prepare For The CAT
By
Author: Muneer

Verbal Ability For The CAT
by
Sujit Kumar
Publisher: Pearson (2011)

The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examination
by
Dinesh Khattar
Publisher: Pearson (2008)

How To Prepare For Data Interpretation And Logical Reasoning For The CAT
By
Author: Arun Sharma

CAT 2013 Important Dates:-

1. Starting date of Online Application Form: – 29 July 2013
2. Closing date of Online Application Form: – 26 September 2013
3. Start CAT Voucher 2013: - 17 August 2013
4. CAT Entrance Exam 2013 Date of Exam: – 22 October 2013, 28 November 2013.

I have attached the syllabus for CAT exam so please check it out .

For more details about CAT Exam , You can visit to http://www.catiim.in
Attached Files
File Type: txt SYLLABUS FOR CAT EXAM 2013.txt(2.1 KB, 58 views)
18th August 2013, 11:57 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT after studying B.Tech from civil branch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Eligibility Criteria for CAT:-

To take admission in different management program in prestigious college of MBA in India you can sit for the CAT Examination. Full form of CAT is Common Admission Test and this exam is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management.

Educational Qualification:-

1. You should have a bachelor's degree in any discipline of your choice and get not less than 50% of marks in it.

2. In case of reserved category candidates the marks to score is 45% in aggregate.

3. If you are appearing in the final year and satisfy the eligibility criteria then also you can apply for this examination.

Age Limit:-

Luckily there is no age limit for appearing for this examination. After completing graduation you can give this examination whenever you want to.

Number of Attempts:-

There is no restriction on the number of times a candidate can give this exam which means that you can appear for this exam for as many times as you want.

Selection Procedure:-

-CAT Written Examination
-Group Discussion
-Interview Session

Please Note:-

If you pass in the CAT written exam with good percentile and get selected for the interview session then you need to take following documents with you:-

-Mark sheet and degree certificate.
-Cast certificate.
-Provisional Degree in case you are pursuing final year would be there.

Thus if you have got 50% of marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate then you are eligible to give this examination. Since you are in the final year therefore you can give the exam now as well.

Hope this helps :-> :->
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?