13th January 2017, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission in B.Arch without giving JEE Main and Advanced?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 11th and after completing it I want to pursue B.Arch but I don't want to write JEE Mains or Advanced exams so I want to know am I eligible to get admission in B.Arch without giving JEE Main and Advanced? If not then please tell me about any other way to get admission.

15th January 2017, 11:48 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in B.Arch without giving JEE Main and Advanced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 11th and after completing it I want to pursue B.Arch but I don't want to write JEE Mains or Advanced exams so I want to know am I eligible to get admission in B.Arch without giving JEE Main and Advanced? If not then please tell me about any other way to get admission.
You can get admission in B.Architecture course through NATA exam.

Those candidates who have passed 12 standard or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate are eligible for NATA exam. You must have studied Mathematics as a main subject in 10+2 or equivalent.

Your age should be above 16 years.
15th January 2017, 12:25 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in B.Arch without giving JEE Main and Advanced?

There are other entrance exams other than JEE Main and JEE Advanced which you can write to get admission in Bachelor of Architecture. You can also get admission in some colleges based on percentage of marks in 12th.

You can write National Aptitude Test in Architecture to get admission in B.Arch course. It requires that student should have studied mathematics in 10+2.

B.Arch interested candidates can apply for NATA 2017. The application form for NATA 2017 will close on 2nd February, 2017.
15th January 2017, 12:44 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Since you are interested in pursuing Bachelor of Architecture degree course after your Class 12th then for that you will have to complete your Class 12th with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks from a recognized board.

Also as far as you are concerned about appearing in entrance examination for admission in top colleges in B.Arch degree course then for the same you have two options, one is the option of JEE and other one is the option of NATA.

Since you are not interested in appearing in JEE then you have the option of NATA with you. NATA stands for National Aptitude Test in Architecture which is held once every year for admission in top architectural colleges apart from CFTIs.

Further to be eligible for NATA, you must have the educational qualification as specified in the top paragraph along with your age lying above 17 years by the 31st July of that year in which you are going to appear in the same examination.

For more details and updates regarding NATA you can log on to the link www.nata.in,
15th January 2017, 04:26 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you ar eligible to get admission in Bachelor of Architecture course without even appearing for JEE.

Other than JEE you can appear for NATA ( National Aptitude Test in Architecture ) and after qualifying in it eligible for admission in B.Arch.

The minimum required qualification is candidate must have passed 12th with mathematics as main paper and have minimum 50%. The candidates have to qualify in two stages of examination for admission. For more information visit at www.nata.in.
15th January 2017, 05:06 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

B.Arch stands for Bachelor of Architecure and same is a bachelor degree course of five years after completing which you are going to be an architect.

Also to be eligible for pursuing B.Arch degree from any top colleges of India you need either qualify JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) or NATA ( National Aptitude Test in Architecture ).

Since you are not interested in appearing in JEE so you still have the option of appearing in NATA for admission in B.Arch.

Also to be eligible for appearing in NATA, you need to have completed your Class 12th with Mathematics as one of the main subject with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized board. Further your age need to lying over 17 years by the 31st July of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination.

For more details and updates about NATA you can log on to the link www.nata.in.
15th January 2017, 10:08 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.Arch course without giving JEE Main and Advanced examination. You can get admission in B.Arch course by appearing and qualifying NATA examination. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or three years Diploma in Architecture from a recognised board are eligible to appear in NATA examination. After qualifying the NATA examination, you need to participate in counselling process according to your examination rank and you will be allotted a seat in a particular college for pursuing B.Arch course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?