15th November 2017, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission for MCA after B.Com without Maths subject?

Am I eligible to get admission for MCA after B.Com without Maths subject? Can you please provide me with the information on this? What are the minimum criteria followed to apply for the MCA course? Please answer me back soon. Thank you!

18th November 2017, 11:05 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission for MCA after B.Com without Maths subject?

To be eligible to get admission for pursuing MCA course, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in Computer Applications or any other discipline from a Government recognised university. You should have studied Mathematics subject at 12th standard or Bachelor's degree level from a Government recognised institute to be eligible to pursue MCA course. Admissions in MCA course are done through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university.
18th November 2017, 11:32 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission for MCA after B.Com without Maths subject?

M.C.A. refers to Master of Computer Application and as the name suggests same is a master degree course with very good career scope in software world.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing M.C.A. degree course is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university. But you must have Mathematics as one of the paper at your Class 12th or bachelor degree academics. Students having pursued B.C.A. degree are also eligible.

So having pursued your bachelor degree in commerce stream ( B.Com ) without Mathematics you are eligible to pursue MCA degree course only if you have studies Mathematics at your Class 12th level.
18th November 2017, 12:55 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in MCA (Master of Computer Application) after completing your B.Com (Bachelors of Commerce) degree, Because to apply for MCA course minimum qualification required to apply is bachelors degree in Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering from government recognized institute with minimum 50% marks obtained. Here below are details regarding MCA course:-

Minimum qualification required to apply for MCA is bachelor degree in relevant stream from government recognized institute with minimum 50% marks.

Duration of MCA degree course is 3 years that are sub divided into 6 semesters.

Specializations Offered in MCA Course:- In MCA course you can apply for specializations as are mentioned below:-
  • Troubleshooting.
  • System engineering.
  • System development.
  • System management.
  • Software development.
  • Internet.
  • Application software.
  • Hardware technology.
  • Management information system.

So these above mentioned are some specializations for which you can go for while doing MCA degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?