31st July 2012, 12:57 AM
Pqrs47

Am I eligible for IAS after completing diploma in civil engineering?

i have completed diploma in civil engineering after 12th, is i am eligible for IAS , if
not what should i do to eligible for giving IAS exam ?

Related Questions:
  1. Best course after completing Civil Engineering Diploma?
  2. What are the options available after completing diploma? Can I do MBA after diploma? Is diploma treated equal to degree and can a diploma student take up IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Am I eligible to attend the IAS exam after completing 3 years diploma engineering? Can I apply for IAS exam?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for degree course in Law, Humanities, Psychology, Literature, ICWA or IAS preparation after completing 10th based Diploma in Engineering?
  5. What is better Diploma after 10th or degree after 12th?
  6. Am I eligible to do part time B.E civil in Chennai after completing diploma civil engineering
  7. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completing diploma in civil engineering
  8. Possibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer? -- [New]
  9. Is diploma in civil engineering student eligible for IAS entrance exam?
  10. How to work in private sector after completing diploma in civil engineering
  11. Am I eligible for border road organization after completing diploma from IASE university in Civil Engineering?
  12. List of colleges offering correspondence Civil Engineering Diploma course for a Civil Draughtsman?
  13. Am I eligible for B.Tech lateral entry in Kerala after completing 2nd year diploma in civil engineering with 70% marks?
  14. Am I eligible for B.Arch after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  15. Am I eligible for government job after completing diploma in Civil Engineering at the age of 27 years?
  16. Am I eligible to join Air force after completing diploma in civil engineering with 65%
  17. Am I eligible for LLB distance learning after completing diploma in Civil Engineering 15 years back?
  18. Can I be eligible for MPSC exam after completing diploma in civil engineering
31st July 2012, 08:19 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS after completing diploma in civil engineering?

Unfortunately you are not eligible for the IAS exam. The minimum qualification requirement for the IAS exam is graduation degree which means BA, B.Com, B.Sc or B.Tech etc. Diploma course is not considered as graduation course. Although there are people who protest it and want similar status for the both courses, however it has not bee given as yet.

If you really wanted to become IAS officer then you should have taken a graduation course after 12th. Besides I think its not a good decision to go for diploma course after 12th. It would have been better if you had done the diploma in civil engineering after the 10th class.

What you need to do now is graduate a B.Tech course. There are several options for you. You can appear in a entrance exam since you have completed the 12th board. These exams include:

BITSAT

IIT-JEE

AIEEE

UPSEE

However the better choice for you would be to get admission in Engineering college via lateral entry scheme. The lateral entry scheme is specifically for the diploma in engineering and B.Sc candidates. After completing any of the two courses, you can directly apply to a college for admission in B.Tech course. Through lateral entry, you would get admission in the second year of the B.Tech course thus making is 3 years course for you.

Getting lateral entry should not be much of the issue if you have completed diploma in Civil Engineering with at least 60 percent marks. Most colleges reserve some seats for the lateral entry scheme. While some give admission directly on the basis of performance in the diploma course, others require diploma students to appear in the LEET entrance exam for the lateral entry scheme.

After you complete the B.Tech course, you can appear for the IAS exam.

Eligibility for IAS.

IAS exam meaning Indian Administrative Service exam has similar entrance exam as for IPS officer. The name of the exam is Civil Service Examination which is conducted by the UPSC.

Nationality:

Only Indian Nationals are allowed to appear in Civil Service Examination

Education:

A graduation degree in any stream would be enough to appear in Civil Service Examination.

The required age to appear for IAS exam is 21 to 30 years.

There is 3 years relaxation in upper age for OBC candidates.

Candidates from SC/ST gets 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.

Selection Procedure:

Preliminary exam

Main exam

Interview

Numbers of Attempts:

General - 4

OBC - 7

SC/ST - There is no limit.
31st July 2012, 08:40 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS after completing diploma in civil engineering?

Hi dear...............
AS you are a diploma passed out student , You are not eligible for IAS exam .
The eligibility criteria for IAS exam are as follows.....

Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2012. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs .

Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, , Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification .

No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs .

The exam pattern:

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.........
31st July 2012, 10:50 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

No,you ae not eligible for IAS as per the education qualification.You must have graduation degree from a recognized university for IAS.

See the details below for this exam:
IAS Exam i.e Indian Administrative Exam
It is under Civil Service Exam conducted once in a Year by UPSC.

To become an IAS Officer One Needs to crack Civil Service Exam.

Eligibility criteria in Details:
Educational Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.
If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

How to apply:
•Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
•Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st July 2012, 11:01 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

Eligibility :

You should have completed graduation degree from recognized board.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years old. Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.
  • For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 30 years
  • For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 33 years
  • For SC/ST category candidates age should be between 21 to 35 years
The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. for OBC candidate it is 7 times and for general candidate it is 5 times.

Civil Service examination can be divided as three stages;-
  • Preliminary
  • Main exam
  • Interview
For more details about IAS exam click on the link

http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st July 2012, 12:06 PM
karthik.mm
Member+

Dear friend ,

Am sorry to inform you that Diploma is not considered as bachelors degree and thus you don't qualify to take IAS .

12+Diploma is considered as 15 Years of education,nowadays acceptable to join MNC.

The Basic Education Qualification To Take IAS are as follows:-

Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a
Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology.

All the Best
31st July 2012, 12:28 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

If you really wanted to become IAS officer then you should have taken a graduation course after 12th. Besides I think its not a good decision to go for diploma course after 12th. It would have been better if you had done the diploma in civil engineering after the 10th class.

What you need to do now is graduate a B.Tech course. There are several options for you. You can appear in a entrance exam since you have completed the 12th board. These exams include:

BITSAT

IIT-JEE

AIEEE

UPSEE

However the better choice for you would be to get admission in Engineering college via lateral entry scheme. The lateral entry scheme is specifically for the diploma in engineering and B.Sc candidates. After completing any of the two courses, you can directly apply to a college for admission in B.Tech course. Through lateral entry, you would get admission in the second year of the B.Tech course thus making is 3 years course for you.

Getting lateral entry should not be much of the issue if you have completed diploma in Civil Engineering with at least 60 percent marks. Most colleges reserve some seats for the lateral entry scheme. While some give admission directly on the basis of performance in the diploma course, others require diploma students to appear in the LEET entrance exam for the lateral entry scheme.

Eligibility for IAS.

IAS exam meaning Indian Administrative Service exam has similar entrance exam as for IPS officer. The name of the exam is Civil Service Examination which is conducted by the UPSC.

Nationality:

Education:

A graduation degree in any stream would be enough to appear in Civil Service Examination.

31st July 2012, 12:29 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

BITSAT

IIT-JEE

AIEEE

UPSEE

Eligibility for IAS.

Nationality:

Education:

31st July 2012, 01:34 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

sorry, to say that but you are not eligible for IAS after completing your deploma in civil.

For applying IAS you have to following qualification:

- A Candidate should have completed their 12th from any stream from recognise university.

- A candidate should have completed their bechelor degree in any stream (engineering, commerce, arts)

- Cityzenship of India.

- Age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.
There is a relaxation in upper age for obc and sc/st category available.

- you have to pass civil apptitude test for applying IAS.

No. Attempt:

General- 4 attempt
Obc- 7 attempt
Sc/St- No limit.

Books for IAS :

-Civil Services Examination Syllabus by Gkp Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd Price:- Rs. 45

-IAS Exam Made Simple by S. Nagarajan / S. Sundar Rajan Publisher :- Unique Publishers Price :- Rs. 89

-Civil Services Aptitude Test by Chandresh Agrawal Publisher :- Priynka Prakashan Price:- Rs. 312

so, first of all complete your graduation degree then crack it

all the best
31st July 2012, 02:54 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

Eligibility for IAS.

Nationality:

Education:

Selection Procedure:

Preliminary exam

Main exam

Interview

Numbers of Attempts:

General - 4

OBC - 7

SC/ST - There is no limit.
31st July 2012, 03:14 PM
karthik.mm
Member+

Eligibility Criteria For IAS

(i) Age limits :
21-30 years as on 1.7.2012. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification/

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :
Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3 (iv) of Notice)

(iv) Fee :
Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)

Sorry to inform My friend that diploma is not considered as Bachelor’s degree,so you cant apply now,but if you complete BE along with Diploma you have very good chances to apply for IAS.

All The Best
31st July 2012, 04:51 PM
Benduluri

sorry, you are not eligible for IAS ,Because minimum qualification for IAS Bachelor Degree (B.Sc,B.Com,B.A)

are you interested to become a IAS officer after completion of you diploma you should join in either degree or btech in second year not from the starting of the degree/btech education because you already completed diploma

once you complete under graduation you are eligible for IAS Exam

**Exam pattern

Preliminary Examination
Main Exam
Interview

**All The Best**
31st July 2012, 07:36 PM
DASHARD

no dear , with your qualification you are not eligible for the IAS exam.

you just hold a diploma degree but for IAS exam you need to have a graduate degree in any stream.

So you should go for further studies and do B.Tech in civil engineering and then you can appear for the exam.

good luck
1st August 2012, 12:06 AM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

Hi..!!!

-->my dear friend you are not eligible for the ias exam.

-->your qualification is not enough for ias.

-->you have just hold a diploma degree but for ias exam you must have graduate degree.

-->so,my advice is that you should go for further studies like b.tech in civil engineering and then you can appear in this exam.

All the besat....go ahead!!!
27th September 2012, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS after completing B.A from IASE demmed university?
3rd December 2012, 02:43 PM
deedaksh

can i eligible to govt jobs in je?? coz i m doing civil engineering diploma from open university.
24th April 2015, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

I completed diploma in mechanical enginnering.After i join engineering via lateral entry in anna universuty.am i eligible for uosc exams espicially IAS exam
25th April 2015, 07:10 AM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for apply IAS exam after completing diploma in civil engineering.

If you want to apply IAS exam then first you have complete your Graduation degree.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC under Civil Services exam.

Eligibility Criteria For IAS exam -

Candidate should be completed Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university.

The candidate should be an Indian nationality.

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years

And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

So, first you have complet your Graduation degree from a recognised university after that you can apply IAS exam.
5th April 2019, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

I'm 20 years old i have completed diploma after 12th can I able to write IAS exam next year?
10th June 2020, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Which courses is applicable for IAS after completing diploma in civil engineering??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?