11th October 2011, 12:37 AM
maheshchikamagalur

Am I eligible for IAS being a candidate having secured 38% in B.Com at an age of 28 years?

Hello Sir/Madam,

Hi this is Mahesh BC from Bangalore. I have completed B.com in 2005 with 38%. I have worked in Infosys BPO LTd. But i have left the company in the year 2009. So far i was not working anywhere. But know i have decided to do IAS whether I am eliglible to do so. My age is 28 yrs I belong to SC. But i have faced many challenges in life and taken this decision could I can apply for Civil service Please give some instruction to follow and guidliness please suggest .

Regards
Mahesh BC

11th October 2011, 11:01 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for IAS being a candidate having secured 38% in B.Com at an age of 28 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshchikamagalur View Post
Hello Sir/Madam,

Hi this is Mahesh BC from Bangalore. I have completed B.com in 2005 with 38%. I have worked in Infosys BPO LTd. But i have left the company in the year 2009. So far i was not working anywhere. But know i have decided to do IAS whether I am eliglible to do so. My age is 28 yrs I belong to SC. But i have faced many challenges in life and taken this decision could I can apply for Civil service Please give some instruction to follow and guidliness please suggest .

Regards
Mahesh BC
Hi Mahesh..!!

yes dear friend you are eligible for the examination

I can confidently say this, regarding your Educational qualification and also your age.

Required educational qualification by UPSC
->The candidate have to complete his or pursue his final year degree of any discipline from a Recognized Indian University by a state or central legislature or a equivalent degree from a university which is under University grants commission.
or a equivalent degree from anywhere.

In this regard,
you already completed your degree long back, i.e., B.Com , There will no problem with percentage as it is not mentioned anywhere in the previous notification about the percentage required . UPSC just requires a candidate with the attitude of serving nation. Not anything than that.

Required Age Criteria by UPSC

->The candidate should not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years in the case of general candidate.

In this regard,
you are 28 years now so you are eligible now for this examination.
additional to this general limit. you also gets relaxation with your community as SC.

SC Candidates are relaxed upto 5 years after the maximum age limit. i.e., as a SC candidate you can apply till 35 years of age.

hope you get through your dream in the first attempt only.
For your information I'm attaching a notification in which clear details are mentioned . so once go through that you can get good knowledge with it.

all the best

Regards
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Noti....pdf(346.2 KB, 54 views)
11th October 2011, 11:31 AM
akanksha49

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS being a candidate having secured 38% in B.Com at an age of 28 years?

Yes , you are eligible for exam...
There is no minimum marks required for IPS exam......the candidate must passed his graduatiob degree from recognised collage or university.you have done your b.com with 38% than you are eligible.
The age limit for exam is.......
For general it is between 21-30 years
for OBC it is maximum 33 years
for SC/ST it is maximum 35 years
dear, you are 28 years ...so, you are eligible

for general category you can give exam upto 4 times
for OBC you can give 7 times
for SC/ST ...you can give unlimited times

Regards
akanksha
11th October 2011, 04:34 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for IAS being a candidate having secured 38% in B.Com at an age of 28 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshchikamagalur View Post
Hello Sir/Madam,

Regards
Mahesh BC

Complete Information About Civil Service Exams

You have taken a really good decision as the Civil Service Exams will let you enter the elite panel of the government jobs where you will get the respect that you deserve..

Eligibility Criteria :-

According to the UPSC guidelines..a candidate must satisfy the following criterion to appear for the Civil Service Exam :-

1) You need to be a graduate or a final year graduation student in any stream from a recognized college..

2) You should be in the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts allowed for the general category is 4,for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

Exam Pattern :-

There are 2 rounds for clearing this exam

1) Prelims :- This round..also known as Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT) has 2 objective papers which will test your general knowledge,current affairs and aptitude..

2) Mains :- If you clear the Prelims,then you shall qualify for the Mains where you will face nine papers..where your knowledge of your graduation subjects shall be tested..

If you clear both the rounds..you shall be called for the interview and the final selection..

all the best..

Wishing you loads of luck..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
11th October 2011, 05:49 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS being a candidate having secured 38% in B.Com at an age of 28 years?

Yes you can appear for IAS exam.

Important dates for IAS exam:

Indian Administration Service(Preliminary exam) Notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 4th Feb 2012 to 5th March 2012.
Exam will held on 20th May 2012.

Indian Administration Service (Main Exam) notification for this year:
Exam will held on 15th Oct 2012.
Yet notification details,were not update,i hope they will be updating notification after preliminary exams

For more details,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 47 views)
11th October 2011, 06:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

Yes, You are eligible for IAS exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

Those candiadte are graduate from any recognized university with any dicipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

Thanks
11th October 2011, 08:11 PM
raju bhai

yes dear, you can appear in IAS exam.

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) :

The post of an IAS officer carries a lot of responsibility. At the top of the hierarchy of IAS officers is the Cabinet Secretary followed by Secretary/ Additional Secretary, Joint Secretary, Director, Under Secretary and then the Junior Scale Officers. These posts are filled according to seniority.

Eligibility for the Civil Services Preliminary Examination:

The minimum age for appearing for the Civil Service Preliminary examination is 21 years and the upper age limit is 30 years. The minimum qualification is graduation in any discipline from a recognised Indian University or an equivalent qualification. There is a relaxation for SC/ST candidates on the number of attempts, if they are otherwise eligible.
29th February 2012, 05:21 AM
ramandeep.2dec

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS as you are a graduate and with in age limit of 21- 30 years of age.SO, as your fulfill both the eligibility criteria , you can take IAS exam.
11th March 2012, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

sir my date of birth is 11-10-1992 pls reply me whether iam eligible or not plz................ reply me i have to fill aapplication form plzz.............
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?