23rd December 2017, 12:49 PM
chinnu whitu

Am I eligible for IAS entrance exam after completion of bachelors in Nursing?

I completed my bachelor's nursing at Osmania government college of Nursing, now am I eligible or not for IAS entrance exam? Can you please give me the required information as soon as possible? I need to start my preparation for the exam. Kindly help.

24th December 2017, 08:06 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS entrance exam after completion of bachelors in Nursing?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for I.A.S examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

So, you need to prepare for entrance examination. To get syllabus and notification for examination visit at official website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th December 2017, 08:30 PM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS entrance exam after completion of bachelors in Nursing?

As far as the gazette notification of civil services is concerned the minimal requirement for eligibility in civil services examination is as follow : " A candidate should possess a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognised university". As per the guidelines, you are eligible to give the said examination.
UPSC will release its notification for 2018 examination on 7 Feb,2018. You can refer from that also and start preparing as prelims is on 3 June,2018.
24th December 2017, 10:07 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

For IAS, UPSC conducts Civil Services examination every year. The recruitment to different services like IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS etc is done through this exam.

Eligibility criteria:

1. Bachelor's degree from a recognized university in any stream. It clearly means that B.Sc in Nursing candidates can apply for IAS entrance exam.

2. Age limit for examination is 21-32 years.

You are eligible for exam, you can start your preparation without any doubt.
24th December 2017, 10:39 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS (Indian Administrative Services) exam after completing bachelor degree in nursing, because minimum qualification required to apply for IAS exam is bachelor degree from government recognized institute. Here below are details regarding IAS exam:-
  • IAS exam is civil services examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Services Commission) to recruit eligible candidates for all India administrative services.
  • Minimum qualification required to apply for IAS exam is bachelor degree from government recognized institute. Candidate who are appearing in bachelor’s degree final year exam are also eligible to apply for IAS exam.
  • For IAS exam applicant must be Indian citizen.
  • Age limit to apply for IAS exam is 21 years to 32 years, Relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit for SC/ST category candidates, Relaxation of 3 years for OBC category candidates.
  • For more details please visit www.upsc.gov.in.
24th December 2017, 11:27 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The requirements for Indian Administrative Services examination:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age limit: 21 to 32 years.

You are eligible for IAS exam after completion of Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
24th December 2017, 11:41 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for IAS Exam after completion of Bachelor of Nursing.

You can also appear for IAS Exam when you are in final year of your graduation.

If you are in last year of your graduation, apply for the IAS Exam as the application form releases.

Also, start preparing for the exam.

There will be three stages to crack this exam.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview
24th December 2017, 11:53 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in Civil Service examination and after qualifying in all stages you will become eligible for final recruitment.

The common eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

So, you need to prepare for examination without any hesitation about your eligibility. For syllabus and other detail visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?