8th April 2012, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS exam at an age of 29? I belong to general category

sir my date of birth is 30-01-1983 , am i eligible for appearing in ias 2013 exam? i belong to general catagory.

10th April 2012, 11:10 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam at an age of 29? I belong to general category

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir my date of birth is 30-01-1983 , am i eligible for appearing in ias 2013 exam? i belong to general catagory.
Hello Friend!

Definitely..you are eligible for IAS Exam at an Age of 29 years. IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. To become an IAS, you have to appear in Civil Service Examination(CSE) conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission). There is no separate Exam for IAS. Through Civil Service Examination you can join various civil services as below..

IAS(Indian Administrative Service)
IPS(Indian Police Service)
IRS(Indian Revenue Service)
IFS(Indian Foreign Service)
Etc..

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for CIVIL SERVICE EXAM:

Education Qualification
-You should have completed Graduation degree in any discipline from recognized university.

-You can also appear in this exam while studding in final year of Graduation course.

AGE limit
Age should be between 21 to 30 years for General category candidates.
Age should be between 21 to 33 years for BC category candidates.
Age should be between 21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates.

Nationality
You should be Indian Citizen.

Both Male & Female can appear in this Exam.

Number of permissible attempt for this Exam
-Maximum of 4 attempts for General candidate .
-Maximum of 4 attempts for OBC candidate .
-No limit on attempt for ST/SC candidate.

>>Eligible candidates may apply for this exam Online or Offline.
>>You can apply Online for this exam by using UPSC official Website.

UPSC CIVIL SERVICE EXAM has 2- STAGES...

-PRELIMINARY EXAM
-MAIN EXAMINATION

Preliminary Examination Pattern

Paper - I(200 Marks) Duration :- Two hrs.
  • Current Events of national and International Importance
  • History of India and Indian National Movements
  • Indian and World Geography
  • ndian and Polity Governance
  • Economics and Social development
  • General Issues
  • General Science

Paper - II(200 Marks) Duration :- Two hrs.
  • Comprehension
  • Interpersonal Skills Including communication skills
  • Logical reasoning and analytical ability
  • Decision making and Problem Solving
  • General mental ability
  • Basic Numeracy
  • Data Interpretation
  • English Language Comprehension Skills

>>To get more information about Civil Service examination visit UPSC official website:

http://upsc.gov.in
10th April 2012, 11:24 AM
bablucena9

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam at an age of 29? I belong to general category

hi;
you are eligible for ias exam at the age of 29.
AGE limit
Age should be between 21 to 30 years for General category candidates.
Age should be between 21 to 33 years for BC category candidates.
Age should be between 21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates.
good luck
10th April 2012, 12:30 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam at an age of 29? I belong to general category

Quote:
hi friend,

General category:
candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

SC/ST:
up to a maximum of 5 years.

OBC:
up to a maximum of 3 years.

A general candidate can attempt Four times only.Where as Seven attempts of OBCs. And no limit for SCs/STs.

Quote:
i m 31 yrs old general category post graduate lady can i appear for ias exams.
10th April 2012, 01:14 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

you are eligible to apply in IAS (Indian Administrative Service).

It would have been much better if you have applied this year.

As the whole selection process of Indian Administrative Service take at least one year

and it may be possible that in process you may attain the age of 31 year.

other necessary information are ----

Indian Administration Service exam is held once in year is conducted by UPSC

Minimum Eligibility for IAS exam

1.Graduated from recognized university in any discipline.
(there is no minimum percentage is required just passing is enough)

2.final year student can also apply.

Age should be between

21 to 30 years for General category candidates

Number of attempts:

4 attempts for General category candidates.

There are 3 stages in IAS that should be cleared by the candidate.

STAGE I ---- Preliminary exam (OBJECTIVE TYPE)
STAGE II----- Main exam (DESCRIPTIVE TYPE)
STAGE III---- Personal interview

Clearing one will get you to another level exam.
10th April 2012, 01:37 PM
chandu9191

yes you can eligible to ias exam the age of 29.
Age limit:
the candidate should be 21 to 30 years.
All the best
1st August 2012, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

i am 22years old i finished only my11 standard can iwant to be an ias what can i do iam belong to sc communtiny please reply me
17th October 2012, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

i hv heard that u.p.s.c dnt allow the candidate who r 30 or above age
17th October 2012, 06:56 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

If you have completed your graduation and have good preparation for this civil service examination, so can apply for this Indian Administrative Service (IAS)..

Its good to know that, you want to serve the nation, I appreciate it.

In order to become a IAS officer, you must have to clear the CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION, conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC).

As the minimum educational requirement for appear in this examination is a graduation degree in any stream but from a recognized college.
If you fulfill that condition, then you are eligible for this examination.

This civil service examination, has three stages to be clear, in order of a IAS aspirant.

1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW.

CSAT EXAM PATTERN-

NO. OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS IN CSAT-

MAINS EXAM PATTERN-

NO. OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS IN MAINS --

Age limit--

21-30 years for the GENERAL CANDIDATES,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates,..

No. of attempts--

4 for the GENERAL CANDIDATES,
7 for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates,..

You must have Indian nationality.

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
17th October 2012, 10:54 PM
mahhiads

Hello Friend,

Yoy are Eligible For IAS Exam Because In The IAS Age Limit : 21 to 30 Years.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IAS Eligibility :

1. Graduate in Any Discipline From Recognized University.
2. Age Limit :
General : 21 to 30 Years
OBC : 21 to 33 Years
SC/ST : 21 to 35 Years

3. Indian Citizen
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No. Of Attempts :

General : 4
OBC : 7
SC/ST : 9
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selection Process :

1. Preliminary Exam
2. Mains Exam
3. Interview

All The Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17th October 2012, 11:41 PM
SAM14U

HELLO DEAR

Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination after completing your Graduate course to become IAS Officer, IAS stands for Indian Administrative services and to become IAS you need to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC, every year and the notification will be published in the employment Newspaper or in the official UPSC website.

When the notification Published online registrations was already started and eligible candidates fill the application form online from the official website of UPSC, Graduation is the minimum requirement to apply for this examination, final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted in these 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this examination is objective one and there are two papers in this examination and you have to appear for both papers in same day. If you cracked this examination, you are eligible for Mains. For Civil service examination, you need to choose two optionals for Mains exam.

To be eligible for this exam, you must in the age group 21-30 yrs (relaxation for reserved category). Number of attempts are also limited, 4 for general, 6 for OBC, while SC/ST no limit.

Notification is going to be published soon next year in Month of February, if you are interested then please apply for this examination online, when notification Published.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, you can collect syllabus from the previous notifications from the official website.

If you need more details then please visit the official website of UPSC.

Offline registration fees for civil service exam is 100/- and Online fees are 50/- .There is no registration fees for SC/ST/OBC and female candidate .

Exam date of 2013 is already announced in UPSC website.the exam date of UPSC Civil Service Exam 2013 is -

DATE OF NOTIFICATION :- 02.02.2013
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS :- 04.03.2013 (MONDAY)
DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF EXAM :- 19.05.2013 (SUNDAY)
18th October 2012, 01:14 AM
sanjaychauhan01

Dear..

Every exam has certain rules and criteria by which you have to check whether you are eligible or not. I am telling you those desired qualification so you have to check whether you are eligible or not.

Qualification :- Graduation from a recognized university is a must. There is no minimum percentage requirement.
A candidate must be an Indian.
age limit is 21-30 so YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AS PER YOUR AGE.
No. of events are 4 for general, 7 For OBC and no limit for others.

SO if you qualify according to this then yes you are eligible for the exam,

The exam is very tough in nature and you have last chance possibly according to your age so i suggest you to study really hard and become an IAS officer.

Best of luck

Cheers...!!!
18th October 2012, 02:02 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Dear aspirant,

-Yes you are eligible for UPSC exams with 29 years of age. For general category age should be between 21 to 30 years.

-For IAS exam one should be a Graduate in any discipline from recognised university.

-You have to select a optional subject when you are applying for IAS exam . So it is up to you what subject you want to choose.

-First you will have to score well in IAS prelims . Then you will have to give IAS mains and then personal interview.

-So be prepared for it as it is one of the most reputed jobs in India.

BEST OF LUCK.....
18th October 2012, 08:48 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS - Indian Administrative Service, to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS Civil Service Exam at the age of 29 years. as the maximum age limit for this is 30 years while the minimum age to apply is 21 years for General Candidate. Upper age limit is relaxaed for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years while for OBC it is relaxed up to 3 years.

Regarding other eligibility criteria, the aspiring candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th October 2012, 02:21 PM
singhhr23

Yes you can apply for it because you are eligible for IAS exam.

You should be citizen of India.

You have to apply when the notification for UPSC Civil Service Exam notification made in Dec 2012 or Jan 2013.

A general category candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August 2012

(upper age limit relaxable for SCs, STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in UPSC Notification).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ias4.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	120864   Click image for larger version

Name:	ias.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	120865  
28th October 2012, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

how is the system of 3rd stage in ias ?
9th November 2012, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

sir my date of birth is 10-02-1983 , am i eligible for appearing in ias 2013 exam? i belong to general catagory, please let me know
26th November 2012, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

I have two tatoos in two hands.i have elegible for ias
26th November 2012, 08:26 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam at an age of 29? I belong to general category

Quote:
hi friend,

Yes you can apply for it.....................

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Discipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities.

Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.
OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.
26th November 2012, 10:26 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

Yes defiantly you are eligible for civil service exam because the maximum age limit for general candidate is 30 year and you are 29 year so you have few chance to crack this exam. you are completely eligible if you fulfill the other eligibility criteria which is given below.

Eligibility Criteria

candidate should be graduate from recognized university in any stream. marks or percentage doesn't matter.

Age Limit

General 21 to 30
OBC 21 to 33
SC/ST 21 to 35

Nationality- must be Indian

No. of attempts

General- 4
OBC- 7
SC/ST- no limit

Important date for IAS exams-
Notification date- 02/02/2013
last date of application form submission- 04/03/2013
Prelims examination date- 19/05/2013.
27th November 2012, 02:49 AM
utsav9
Member+

Hello friend,
You are definitely eligible for IAS exam at the age of 29.The age limit is 21-30 for general.All you need is to be a graduate from any recognized university of any discipline.And you can attempt only 4 times as a general candidate.In your case you can apply only once as ur the upper age limit is 30 and you are 29 already.So be careful and work hard.
All The Very Best.......
19th December 2012, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

My Date of birth is 2May 1983.Am I eligible for 2013 IAS exam?????
19th December 2012, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

My Date of birth is 2May 1983.Am I eligible for 2013 IAS exam?????
25th May 2013, 05:55 PM
a k 47

Smile Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam at an age of 29? I belong to general category

Yes,you eligible appear this exam.The age limit is 21-30 for general.
IAS ELIGIBILITY:
Age Limit for IAS exams (civil services) -
MINIMUM:21 years
General Category:30 years.
Other Backward Classes (OBC):33 years.
Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes:35 years.

Educational Qualification
>>The candidate must hold any degree in any discipline from any recongnized university

>>Final year degree students who will obtain degree by August 1, 2013 are also eligible for CSAT 2013

>>The degree can be of any class (distinction, first, second etc.)

>>Degree obtained by distance education/open university is also eligible if the university is a recognized university.

Number of attempts:
General Category: 4
OBC: 7
Physically Handicapped: 7
SC & ST: No limit on number of attempts.

SO,you attempt this exam.
25th May 2013, 06:18 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Indian Administrative Service exam is conducted under Civil Services Examination which is also for the Indian Police Service as well the Indian Forest Service. This exam is conducted on yearly basis by the Union Public Service Commission.

As per your query, the age limit for general candidate is 30 years on the upper side. The date is calcuated as on the August 1 of examination year. Therefore if you wish to appear for Civil Services Examination in 2013, your age should be less than 30 years of August 1.

Unfortunately this is not the case for you. Since your date of birth is 30 January 1983, you have already crossed 30 years mark on the 30 January of this year. If calculate your age as on August 1, 2013, it will be well over 30 years.

This makes you ineligible for the Indian Administrative Service. You can not appear for the Civil Services Examination. It would be better to consider some other career option depending on your qualification.

IAS Eligibility

1. The candidate has to be Indian national.

2. He/She should be graduate.

3. No percentage criteria in bachelor's degree.

4. You can not be younger than 21 years to appear for the exam.

5. Candidates who stand to be older than 30 years as on August 1 of exam year are not eligible.

6. There is 3 years relaxation given to OBC.

7. Age limit is extended to 35 years for SC/ST.

Selection Procedure

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview
25th May 2013, 07:24 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello Friend ,

No need to worry as you are eligible for this exam , being a general category your age is below 30 years , hence you are applicable for this exam .

Other eligibility that you have to look for is :

Number of attempts permitted

General Category: 4

OBC: 7

Physically Handicapped: 7

SC & ST: No limit on number of attempts

Selection Process :

i) Prelim exam

ii) Main exam

iii) Interview

Examination Pattern
The entrance for Civil Services comprises of two successive stages:

Preliminary Examination (Written)
Main Examination (Written and Interview)

OFFICIAL WEBSITE :http://www.upsc.gov.in/

GOOD LUCK
25th May 2013, 07:31 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.......

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.

Age limit:

Your minimum age limit is above 21 years.

Your maximum age limit is below 30 years.

Upper age relaxation is applicable for other categories.

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates.

5 years relaxation for SC\ST candidates.

10 years relaxation for PWD candidates.

Eligibility Criteria:

Selection Process:

Preliminary Examination

Main Examination

Interview

All the best...........
25th May 2013, 07:42 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend yes if you are completed your Graduation Degree from a recognized
Univeristy then you are eligible for apply IAS exam.

Because you are an 29 years old.You have not crose the age limit.

Age limit:-

General category candidates age limit is 21 to 30 years.

3 years age relaxation for OBC category candidates and 5 years age relaxation for
SC/ST category candidates.

All the best............
26th May 2013, 02:55 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.............

IAS means Indian Administrative Services and is basically meant for those aspiring candidates who have strong dedication towards the country.

India holds a UPSC examination every year and on the basis of this examination a number of IAS officers are recruitment.

Eligibility Criteria :-

A.)Educational Qualification:-

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation. Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

B.)Age Factor:-

1.> For general category :-

21-30 years and can attempt 4 times.

2.>For SC/ST :-

21-35 years ,and there is no limitation .

3.> For the OBC:-

21-33 years and can attempt 7 times.

Paper Pattern for IAS exam :-

1) General-Studies paper carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper carries 150 marks.

Instead of one compulsory paper of General Studies and one Optional paper, both the papers shall be compulsory.

Selection Procedure

** Preliminary Examination

** Mains Examination

** Interview Test

No.of Attempts

>> Maximum 7 attempts for general candidates

>> Maximum 4 attempts for OBC Candidates

>> There is no restriction for SC/ST candidates
27th May 2013, 12:19 PM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:
A candidate must be citizen of India.
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 year.
The candidate must hold any degree in any discipline from any recognized university.Final year degree students are also eligible.

number of attempts
General candidates: four attempts.
Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates: No restriction.
Other Backward Classes: seven attempt
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?