12th August 2011, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS Exam having completed Graduation in Computer Science Engineering?

Am i is eligible for ias exam after graduation from computer science engineering. reply me soon.

Related Questions:
  1. Complete details about the IAS course? I have completed my graduation from computer science
  2. Eligibility criteria for IAS examination? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to do IAS after B.E? I have completed diploma in computer science
  4. Does MBBS course considered to be a graduation or not? Am I eligible for IAS if I have completed MBBS?
  5. Am I eligible for IAS exam after completing computer science and engineering?
  6. Can I get any option subject after completing PG in computer science?
  7. Am I eligible for IAS(UPSC) exam after completing diploma in computer science after 10th
  8. Am I eligible to take up UGC NET exam in Computer Science and Application subject?
  9. How to choose Arts subjects for IAS Pre and Mains exam? I have completed graduation in computer science engineering
  10. Which subjects are better for B.E Computer Science Engineering candidate to take for IAS exam?
  11. Can I study Master's Degree in Computer Science after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  12. Can I try doing IAS when I am 35 years old woman candidate?
  13. Eligibility to do M.Tech in computer Science after B.Sc in Computer Science and without appearing for GATE exam?
  14. MBA in HR can do M.Phil in Computer Science? What should I do to study M.Phil in Computer Science? -- [New]
  15. Am I eligible for west bengal school service commission after completion of graduation and post graduation?
  16. Am I eligible to appear for IAS after studying engineering in computer science?
  17. Can I apply for the IAS exam if I have completed diploma course in tools?
  18. Am I eligible for government job after completing graduation in computer science with 50% marks?
12th August 2011, 03:39 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS Exam having completed Graduation in Computer Science Engineering?

For IAS, one have to go through a civil services examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

The selection procedure will be by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

In order to be eligible for IAS Exam, one must have completed Graduation from a recognized university.

As per that criteraia, you are eligible to appear for IAS Exam as you have completed Computer Science Engineering.

But it is not that much easy to crack CSAT Exam.Have strong preparation with proper planning prior to the exam and crack the exam.
12th August 2011, 03:48 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS Exam having completed Graduation in Computer Science Engineering?

Hello friend,
A graduate in any discipline is eligible for civil service exam. So, as you have mentioned that you are a computer science graduate, you can definitely write the exam provided you are not over 30 years of age. The upper age limit is relaxed for OBC and SC/ST category, making the maximum age limit for OBC candidate upto 33 years and SC/ST candidate upto 35 years.

Since you are eligible, you will have to apply for the civil service exam after the notification is published. The application forms are available online as well as at designated post offices and head post offices throughout the country.

For more information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
12th August 2011, 03:48 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

As you have complete graduation degree and if your age is between 21 to 30 year,then definitely you can apply for IAS exam.

For more details,then see this attachment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 43 views)
12th August 2011, 03:51 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

Yes you are eligible for appearing in CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION for ias
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR APPEARING IN IAS Exam is :
You should be a graduate from any stream from a recognized university.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC
EXAM is in two parts
one is prelims that is objective type
other is main exam .

all information regarding the exam you can get from upsc.gov.in its official site

BEST LUCK
12th August 2011, 03:52 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

Yes you are eligible for appearing in CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION for ias
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR APPEARING IN IAS Exam is :
You should be a graduate from any stream from a recognized university.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC
EXAM is in two parts
one is prelims that is objective type
other is main exam .

all information regarding the exam you can get from upsc.gov.in its official site

BEST LUCK
12th August 2011, 04:09 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes. you are eligible for IAS Exam having completed Graduation in Computer Science Engineering.

and also you will get advantage having subject of Computer Science.

the qualifications requirement to sit for IAS exam is given below

1.minimum qualification graduation in any subject, with 55% marks in graduation.

2.Age limit is 21-29 years.

all the best.........
12th August 2011, 04:21 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am i is eligible for ias exam after graduation from computer science engineering. reply me soon.
Yes of course.

Eligibility Criteria :-
  • Graduation from in any discipline.
  • Even final year of examination can also apply for this examination.
  • There is no minimum marks required for this examination.
  • Age should between 21 years to 30 years.
  • Selection Procedure consist of Preliminary Examination,Main Examination,Interview.
This year preliminary examination was already over on .........12/06/11.

The notification was published in the month of February in official website or employment news.

So,don't worry you are eligible for I.A.S examination.
12th August 2011, 04:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hi Friend,

IAS exam are conducted by UPSC.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Educational Qualifications for IAS :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit:

21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

How to apply:

Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in

Yes you are eligible for IAS exam.

all the best.
12th August 2011, 04:39 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
yes you are eligible for giving the ias exam because for giving ias exam, the student must have done graduation in any field with at least 60% marks. the age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years which can increase to 35 years for sc/st students.
since you are having these qualifications, you can give the exam.
there will be three rounds in the exam. firstly, you will have to give the preliminary exam. this exam will be of objective questions.
after qualifying in that exam, you will have to give the main exam, which will be in written form.
after passing both the exams, you will be called for the personal interview.
after passing that interview, you will become an ias officer.
the notification regarding the exam comes in the employment news.
for more details regarding the exam, you can visit
www.upsc.gov.in
12th August 2011, 05:00 PM
Harshita21

Eligibility Criteria for IAS Exam

Educational Qualification :Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at
least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry &
Veterinary Science, Botany, Engineering, Chemistry, Geology,
Mathematics or equivalent

Age Limit :21 to 30 years for general
35 for SC/ST.
33 years for OBC

No Of Attempts :4 for general
7 for OBCs
no limit for SCs/STs

You are eligible if you full fills age and education criteria .
12th August 2011, 05:23 PM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IAS Exam having completed Graduation in Computer Science Engineering?

Hi friend,

To become an IAS officer you must clear an examination conducted by UPSC. To apply for the exam the basic eligibility requirements are as follows.

1. Your educational qualification must be a fully cleared graduate. i.e. you must be a graduate and as you have finished your engineering your now a graduate.

2. Your age must be above 21 and below 30 years. As a graduate you must have crossed 21 years.

So as you abide by both the eligibility rules you can appear for IAS exam.
12th August 2011, 05:30 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
ya sure you are eligible for the IAS exam ...........because the eligibility wants only the graduate degree which you had...............so without any hesitation start your preparation from onwards......................read newspapers ,strong you g.k.,study books,magazines and gather information from all around ...................................

thank you........
12th August 2011, 05:34 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
IAS exam is conducted by upsc twice in a year
there are some criteria for ias exam ....
*The candidates should be a graduate from any discipline , from a recognize university.
*the age limit is 22 - 30 yrs, relaxation for sc/ st & obc candidates.
but it is not so easy to crack this exam for this you have to work hard.
for more details you can visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck.......
12th August 2011, 05:53 PM
aisham

Quote:
Eligibility for IAS (Indian Administration Services) is that you should be graduate from any government recognized or equalvalent to that.
Then you have to give the UPSC examination.
You have to go through 3 stages:
preliminary round
main exam
interview
If a person fails in the man exam or interview then he has to start from begining i.e.preliminary round
Minimum age required for all to appear for exam= 21
General can appear only 4 times
OBC can appear 7 times
SC/ST can appear as many times as they want
12th August 2011, 06:23 PM
saurav9889

yes being a computer science graduate you are eligable for ias exam.the ias exam consists of 3 stages
first stage is prelims consisting of 2 objective papers.the marks in this stage is just for qualifying purpose.
second stage is mains consisting of 4 subjective papers of 2 optionals,2 subjective papers of general studies and 1 each for essay and english.
third stage is the interview.
24th November 2011, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

people, I've passed my engineering in second class, i.e,45%, I am now 24yrs old, can I appear for IAS, or what else can I do? Pls do reply me!
3rd December 2011, 07:06 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. It is the most reputated exam in India for any individual to work for the country.

Now IAS exam is conducted by the UPSC every year to recruit personnel's for various posts. However the number of applicants are much more than the number of available seats. So the competition is very high.

Eligibility for the IAS exam is as follows :

1. A candidate must be graduate in any stream under University Grants Commission (UGC)

2. The Candidate must be Indian

3. The age limit is minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years for general category. For OBC it will be minimum 21 years and maximum 33 years and for the SC/ST its 21 - 35 years.

IAS exam is conducted in two parts :

1. Preliminary
2. Mains

PRELIMINARY :

IAS preliminary exam syllabus consists of two papers. Both papers consists of 200 marks questions with 2 hours allotted for each.
Paper 1 includes questions relating to current affairs, Indian political system, general science, history of India etc.
Paper 2 consists of questions related to Logical reasoning and analytical ability, Decision making and problem solving, General mental ability, numerical ability English language etc.

MAINS :

IAS main exam includes questions of 2000 marks. The starting date of IAS main exam is from 5th October 2012 and it will last for 21 days. IAS main exams consists of general science paper of 600 marks, then two optional papers of 600 marks each and a essay paper of 200 marks. There will be 3 hours allotted for each paper.

IMPORTANT DATES FOR IAS 2012 ::

1. Date of notification release: 04-02-2012

2. Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

3. Date of the Exam: 20-05-2012

4. Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012

For any other information about the IAS Please Click Here

So you being a graduate and if you are well within the age limits, can certainly apply for the IAS exam.

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?