21st April 2012, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IFS Exam being a candidate from B.Sc in Zoology, Botany and Chemistry?

i am B.Sc. in zoology,botany and chemistry. am i eligible for ifs?

Related Questions:
  1. Can a candidate who completed B.Sc in Botany, Zoology and Chemistry apply for IFS Exam?
  2. Am I eligible for IFS exam after passing BSc computer application honors with Zoology and Botany?
  3. Am I eligible for IFS 2015 examination if done M.Sc in Forestry? -- [New]
  4. Can I be eligible for MSc Biotechnology after studying BSc with Botany and Chemistry and Zoology?
  5. Can a commerce graduate apply and get a job in Indian Forest Services?
  6. Which combination is good between Botany and Zoology for IFS exam? Books which are the best for IFS exam?
  7. How can I pursue BSc Bioscience with Zoology, Botany and Chemistry
  8. Am I eligible for MSc in forensic science after reading chemistry and botany? I am a BSc Zoology student
  9. What can I study after doing BSc in Biology having subjects Botany, Zoology, Chemistry?
  10. After MSc should I do BSc Zoology, Botany or Chemistry?
  11. Am i eligible to do MSc Geology after completing BSc with Botany, Zoology, Chemistry and MBA
  12. Am I eligible to appear for MSc Biotechnology entrance after passing BSc course with Chemistry, Zoology, Botany?
  13. How can I get the forest range officer model question papers?
  14. In which subject should I do MSc after completing BSc with Chemistry/Zoology/Botany subjects? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Should I reappear 12th if I am not eligible for medical exams after scoring 48% in 12th? Should I join BSc in Zoology, Botany and Chemistry and then Archaeology in abroad?
  16. How can I have additional subject as Botany in my B.Sc course which already includes biotech, chemistry and zoology?
  17. How to do Msc in Sociology after passing BSc Botany, Zoology and Chemistry
  18. Date of issue of application form for PUC in Mount Carmel PU college? What are the science group subjects available in this college?
21st April 2012, 08:07 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IFS Exam being a candidate from B.Sc in Zoology, Botany and Chemistry?

Yes, you can eligible for the IFS exam B.sc in zoology, botany and chemistry.

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service Examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC once in a year.

To apply for this examination you must have completed degree with one of the subject Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, botany, geology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, statistics and zoology.

Final year appearing candidates are eligible for this exam.

The age limit of this examination between 21 to 30 years.

Selection process:

written test

interview

all the best.
21st April 2012, 08:20 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IFS Exam being a candidate from B.Sc in Zoology, Botany and Chemistry?

you are eligible to apply in INDIAN FOREST SERVICES.

There are two stages to be cleared by the candidate.
  • Written Examination
  • Personal Interview

Of course you should be physically fit also to be INDIAN FOREST OFFICER.

Minimum eligibility

Bachelor degree from recognized university in one of the following subjects
  • Veterinary Science
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Geology
  • Mathematics
  • Physics
  • Statistics

and you have botany and chemistry in your graduation , so you are eligible.

AGE LIMIT

Not more than 30 yrs for general candidate (relaxation for SC/ST/OBC)

NUMBER OF ATTEMPT

4 attempt for general candidate (More attempts available for SC/ST/OBC).

You can apply till 14 MAY 2012 for the written examination.

for more info visit website

www.upsc.gov.in
21st April 2012, 09:44 PM
vinayaga2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am B.Sc. in zoology,botany and chemistry. am i eligible for ifs?
Name of Civil Services : IFS (Indian Foreign Service)

Exam Date : Prelim in 1st week of May & Mains in 2nd week of Oct

Eligibility Criteria :

1.Age limit

21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing.

Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs . Ex-servicemen will get 5 more years exemption from the prescribed age limit

The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.

2.Number of Attempts

Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

3.Restrictions on applying for the examination:

A candidate who is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of that service will not be eligible to compete at this examination.

Exam Pattern :

All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:

Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.

Main Examination

It consists of written examination and interview.

The Preliminary Examination is held in May/June and the Main Examination in October/November. One must begin preparations of the main exam along with preliminary exam. This is because there is little time for the Main exam if one waits for the results of the Preliminaries.
30th April 2012, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

am b com student is am eligible for Indian forget service
1st May 2012, 12:30 AM
mithu ashi
Member+

Yes of course you are eligible for I.F.S.
I.F.S. stands for INDIAN FOREST SERVICE.

Eligibility for IFS:-

--Age limit is 21-30 years.

--The upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST candidates & 3 years for O.B.C candidates.

--Candidates should fulfill the adequate physical standards.

--Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university with atleast one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry and veterinary Science, Botony, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology, Agriculture, Forestry or Engineering is required for applying in the entrance examination.

--General category candidates: Only 4 attempts are permissible.

--SC/ST category candidates: No limits in number of attempts.

--O.B.C category candidates: Only 7 attempts are permissible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?