4th October 2011, 05:17 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IIT-JEE? I have done 3 year diploma course in CSE just after my 10th. How may I get previous year question papers, exam patterns and syllabus for IITJEE ?

Respected Sir,
I'm Mr. Sazid date of birth 10.04.1994, admitted at Govt. Poly. Saharanpur(BTE U.P) in 3 years diploma Comp. Science & Engg. just after my 10th(77.33% Marks in Science Stream, U.P Board) in 2009. Now I'm studying in final year Comp. SC. & Engg. I passed my first year, Second years of C.S & Engg. with 74.1% and 74.66% marks respectively.
Please tell me the truth, am I eligible to apply for and also about the patterns/syllabus of IITJEE for diploma holders ? Is this differ from those 10+2 standards.
E-mail: [email protected]
Mobile No. +919045839667.
Waiting for a meaningful response...
Thank you.
Your Sazid.

22nd April 2012, 01:37 PM
Mishra.hm

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT-JEE? I have done 3 year diploma course in CSE just after my 10th. How may I get previous year question papers, exam patterns and syllabus for IITJEE ?

You are elligible for IIT JEE. For 3 years diploma holders, the syllabus of IIT JEE entrance exam is differ from those who are passed 12 with science stream. You can see syllabus on IIT JEE website.
9th June 2013, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT-JEE? I have done 3 year diploma course in CSE just after my 10th. How may I get previous year question papers, exam patterns and syllabus for IITJEE ?

Am i eligible for IITJEE... I have done 3 years diploma in plastic technology just after my 10th..
10th June 2013, 10:00 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

First you need to decide whether you want normal admission or the lateral entry admission.

The diploma holders are eligible for the lateral entry admission. What this means is that after completing diploma, you can get admission in the second year of Bachelor of Technology course. There won't be any reason to do first year.

However the drawback is that Indian Institutes of Technology do not offer lateral entry scheme. You will have to complete full 4 years course through Indian Institutes of Technology.

Now if you want direct admission in second year, then forget about IIT, however if you are willing to do 4 years course then yes it is possible for you to take admission in Indian Institutes of Technology.

However you will not be appearing for the IIT-JEE entrance exam. It has been replaced with JEE entrance exam. Joint Entrance Exam has combined both AIEEE and IIT-JEE entrance exam.

There are two stages of JEE entrance exam. First is JEE Mains which is similar to AIEEE. If you want All India level 15 percent Engineering seats then must clear the JEE Mains. The second stage is JEE Advanced which is for the admission in Indian Institutes of Technology.

Please remember since you want admission in IIT, you will have to first clear the JEE Mains followed by JEE Advanced.

JEE Eligibility

1. You should have finished 12th with PCM subjects.

2. Candidates who have completed 3-4 years diploma from AICTE recognized college can also apply.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. The upper age limit is 25 years to appear for JEE entrance exam.

5. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

6. You will get 3 consecutive attempts to clear JEE.

7. Only top 150,000 candidates who clears JEE Mains can appear for JEE Advanced.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?