8th November 2017, 04:56 PM
sakshammm

Am I eligible to join Army by 2018 after completion of 12th standard and 17 years of age?

Am I eligible to join Army by 2018 after completion of 12th standard and 17 years of age? What is the minimum requirement which his followed for next year? Will it be same as this year or it will change for next year? Can you please answer me soon. Thanks!

9th November 2017, 10:58 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Army by 2018 after completion of 12th standard and 17 years of age?

Yes, you are eligible to join Army in 2018 after completion of your 12th standard being a 17 years old candidate. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any discipline from a Government recognised board and those who are in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years of age are eligible to apply for NDA examination. You should be an unmarried male candidate and should be physically as well as mentally healthy to be eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Army.
9th November 2017, 11:28 PM
Navneet patyal

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Army by 2018 after completion of 12th standard and 17 years of age?

Dear,
You have not mentioned your 12th standard stream. But don't worry, i will provide you full details about join the Indian Army.
There are following ways to join the Indian army.
You can join after 12th in 3 streams.
1 Art.
2 Commerce.
3 Science.

If you have completed your 12th in Art stream, then you are eligible for the Indian Army open bharty rallies. For Indian Army soldier entry, you should have the foollowing points.
^ You should have physically as well as mentally fit.
^ You should have 167cm height for Army Soldier GD entry. 162 cm for Soldier Clerk entry and 163 for Soldier Technical entry.
^ Your weight should be according to your height ratio.

If you have completed your 12th in commerce strem.
Then the procedure is same as the above ( Soldier entry) procedure.

If you have completed your 12th in science stream, then you can apply for the NDA ( National Defence academy)
NDA exam conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. There are following eligibility for the NDA exam.
^ You should have physicaly and mentaly fit.
^ You should have good knowledge abou your country.
^ You should have Indian citizenship.
^ You should have physically as well as mentally fit.
^ Your age limit should be between 16.5 to 19.5 years.

If you meet the above any eligibility, then the procedure is also provided.
If you have any other query then feel free to ask on EALP.
Thanks.
9th November 2017, 11:46 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Army in 2018, you have to appear in UPSC NDA 2018 examination by satisfying the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board.

3. You should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years of age.

4. You should be an unmarried male candidate.

5. You should be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

So, if you complete 12th standard in the year 2018 and being a 17 years old candidate, you are eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Army.
10th November 2017, 12:27 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Army at 17 years of age after 12th. NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in defence service. The minimum required qualification to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th.

The examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to qualify in both stages for final recruitment.

For more detail information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

You have other opportunities for recruitment in Indian Army for Clerk post. The examination is conducted by Indian Army.
10th November 2017, 12:49 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in NDA ( National Defence Academy ) entrance examination and after qualifying in it become eligible for recruitment as an officer.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

So, you can appear in examination and after qualifying in written and SSB become eligible for recruitment in Army.

For detail information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
10th November 2017, 04:05 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes sure you are eligible to join Indian defence forces once you complete your 12th standard. The minimum age required to apply for Indian defence forces is 17 years. The best option available for you to join Indian Army is NDA entry scheme.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. This is a academy which select students to recruit in defence forces in India. You just have to pass their selection process. Once you clarify all stages of selection process then you will be recruited in academy.
10th November 2017, 05:54 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Army are:-

Educational Criteria:-

Solider General Duty (All Arms) - SSLC/Matric with 45% marks and 33% in each subjects.

Solider (Technical, Technical Arms, Artillery, Army Air Defence) - 10+2 with physics, chemistry, maths and english with 50% marks and 40% marks in each subject.
Aviation & Ammunition Examiner - 10+2 with physics, chemistry, maths and english with 50% marks and 40% marks in each subject. OR three year diploma in Engineering (mechanical/ electrical/ automobiles/ computer science/ electronic & instrumentation) from any recognized polytechnic institute.

Solider Clerk/Store Keeper Technical - 10+2 in any stream with 60% marks and minimum 50% marks in each subjects.

Age limit:-

Solider General Duty (All Arms) - 17 and half yrs to 21 yrs.
Solider (Technical, Technical Arms, Artillery, Army Air Defence) - 17 and half yrs to 23 yrs
Solider Clerk/Store Keeper Technical - 17 and half yrs to 23 yrs.

Physical Criteria:-

Western Himalayan Region -
Chest - 77 cms
Weight - 48 kgs
Height - 162 cms to 165 cms

Eastern Himalayan Region -
Chest - 77 cms
Weight - 48 kgs
Height - 157 cms to 160 cms

Western Plains Region -
Chest - 77 cms
Weight - 50 kgs
Height - 162 cms to 170 cms

Eastern Plains Region -
Chest - 77 cms
Wight - 50 kgs
Height - 162 ms to 169 cms

Central Region -
Chest - 77 cms
Weight - 50 kgs
Height - 162 cms to 168 cms

Southern Region -
Chest - 77 cms
Weight - 50 kgs
Height - 162 cms to 166 cms
10th November 2017, 10:09 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Army in 2018 after completion of 12th board exams at age of 17 years. You can apply for National Defence Academy entrance exam to join Indian Army by clearing Written test and Service Selection Board.

The essential eligibility criteria for exam is:

>>Candidate must have done 10+2 or appearing for board exams to apply for NDA/NA exam.

>>The age limit for candidate is 16.5-19.5 years.

>>As per rules only unmarried male candidates can apply for exam. There is no such notification regarding any change in eligibility criteria for exam next year till now.
10th November 2017, 10:34 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Indian Army in 2018. The minimum eligibility to appear in entrance examination for recruitment in Army is 12th.

For recruitment you have to appear and qualify in NDA entrance examination. The age limit to appear in examination is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear.

The other path to join Indian Army is through rally recruitment examination conducted by Indian Army. The notification for recruitment is generally published in local newspaper.

So, you can appear and qualify in examination for selection in Indian Army. It is necessary that candidate must be physically and mentally fit for recruitment.
10th November 2017, 10:51 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Army after 10+2 through National Defence Academy entrance exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

1. You should have done 10+2 or appearing for board exam to apply for NDA exam.

2. The age criteria is 16.5-19.5 years.

You must be unmarried male Indian citizen. You can apply for NDA I exam in 2018 at official website of UPSC. The eligibility criteria will remain same.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?