25th March 2016, 09:21 PM
Padmshree patil

Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completion of BA English literature being a girl candidate?

Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completion of BA English literature being a girl candidate? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which is required to join the Indian Army? Awaiting to get the response soon as possible. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Is a girl eligible to join Indian Army after completion of graduation with PCM stream?
  2. How can I join Indian Army after completion of 12th Class being a Girl? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Girl studying B.Arch can serve Indian Army?
  4. How can I join Indian Army after completion of BCA to become Lieutenant?
  5. What is the procedure followed to do masters in English literature in correspondence mode after completion of B.A in English Literature?
  6. Am I eligible to join Indian Army if pursuing B.Com Pass? What kind of posts are available for me in Indian Army?
  7. Books to be referred to prepare for the entrance of masters in Linguistics?
  8. Am I eligible to join in Indian Army after completion of diploma course?
  9. Can I join Indian Army after completion of Physiotherapy course?
  10. How to join Indian Army after completion of B.Tech in IT? What will be the career scope for me in Indian Army?
  11. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D in English literature in India after completion of masters course in Australia?
  12. Is it possible for me to join in Army after completion graduation with 55% marks?
  13. How can I join Indian Army if I am 20 years old? What is the procedure?
  14. How to join Indian Army being a girl and gold medalist in high jump?
  15. What kind of job can I get in National Defence? I am a E&C engineer
  16. kya me next year 10 th ki exam external de sakta hu ?
  17. Am I eligible to join Indian Army with mentioned subjects in 12th standard? Procedure to join?
  18. What should I choose after completion of my BA in English literature? I have a good communication skill in English
26th March 2016, 12:31 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completion of BA English literature being a girl candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmshree patil View Post
Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completion of BA English literature being a girl candidate? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which is required to join the Indian Army? Awaiting to get the response soon as possible. Thanks!
You are a female candidate and you have completed B.A in English literature so you are eligible for Indian Army through CDS exam.

Indian Military Academy:- You need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. Your age should be between 19 to 24 years.

Officer's Training Academy:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution. Your age should be between 19 to 25 years.
26th March 2016, 09:48 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completion of BA English literature being a girl candidate?

Yes, you will be eligible to join Indian Army after completion of BA English through CDS exam. You can apply for Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy through CDS exam.

UPSC conducts CDS(Combined Defense Services) exam every year for recruitment in different wings of Indian Army.

The eligibility criteria for CDS exam are as under:-

- Nationality : Indian.

- Academic Qualification:

Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy-Graduation in any discipline.

Indian Naval Academy-Bachelor of Engineering.

Indian Air Force Academy-10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

-Age limit:

Indian Military Academy- 19 years to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy-19 years to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy-19 years to 23 years

Officer's Training Academy-19 years to 25 years

-Selection Procedure:

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.

-Exam Pattern:

English – 100 marks

General Knowledge – 100 marks

Elementary mathematics – 100 marks
22nd June 2017, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Can i join indian army as an officer after completing the course BA English and communications
28th December 2019, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

I am an BA English literature student. Is there any way to me to be an Indian army officer.
28th December 2019, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

I am an BA English literature student. Can i serve to Indian Army as an officer.
9th July 2020, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

How many marks need in the written exam to pass
12th September 2020, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my m.a in English and b.ed also and I have a diploma in nursing also my age is 31 years i want to do job in army.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?