8th September 2020, 12:39 PM
11f

Is it good to study Science in 11th to become an IPS Officer?

I am in 11th class and I want to become an IPS Officer so tell me that which stream is good to become an IPS Officer? But already I have taken Science stream tell is it good for IPS Service?

11th September 2020, 08:21 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it good to study Science in 11th to become an IPS Officer?

You can pursue any stream in std 11th,12th or bachelor degree course to become eligible to appear in the examination and qualify in all the stages of examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages - Preliminary, Mains, Interview.

For syllabus and other information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th September 2020, 12:48 PM
ruckshana

Stream does not matter if you are willing to become IPS. In order to become an IPS one must possess a graduation degree from a recognised university/ board by UGC or any equivalent qualification.
12th September 2020, 02:15 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

You are free to choose any stream in 11th stream for completing 11th and 12th standard. There is nothing like good or bad with respect to IPS Service in future.

Choosing of stream in 11th standard should be as per your interest in subjects. After completing 12th standard with your chosen stream, you will have to enroll in graduation course in any stream.

Then, in final year of graduation, you can apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam. After completing graduation also, you can apply for this exam.

Note that minimum requirement for UPSC Civil Services Exam is graduation from a recognized University. Also, your age must be at least 21 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?