25th November 2016, 05:04 PM
sumansarkar041

Am I eligible to join the Indian Army as a Commissioned officer at the age of twenty four years?

Respected Sir, My age is twenty four years and 2 months, I want to know that can I join the Indian Army as a Commissioned officer at the age of twenty four years? If yes then please tell me the procedure to apply for Indian Army?

30th November 2016, 02:06 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join the Indian Army as a Commissioned officer at the age of twenty four years?

First thing I would like to know you that for joining Indian Army as a commissioned officer one basically has two options one is through NDA ( National Defense Academy ) entrance examination and other is through CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) entrance examination.

* Both of these mentioned examinations are held by UPSC twice every year by UPSC in two stages which comprises of Written Test and SSB interview respectively.

* Further, for appearing in NDA entrance examination the age limit is 16.5 years to 19.5 years where as for appearing in CDS entrance examination for joining IMA ( Indian Military Academy ) the age limit is 19 years to 24 years.

So being 24 years and 2 months your age is more than the maximum age limit for both the entries and hence you are not eligible for joining Indian Army as a commissioned officer but you can join at other posts through other entries for which the details can be accumulated from the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?