20th November 2012, 09:02 PM
harish2329

Am I eligible for lecturer in any engineering college after completing MCA

I have completed my MCA in 2010.Now i am working in company as a software Engineer and now I have 2yrs of experience in ORACLE DBA.
Want to change my profile,swich to lecturer.
Please let me know I am eligible for lecturer in any engineering college?
How I can apply? Is there any exam for permant lecturer?
Please suggest ASAP.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I be eligible for SET or NET after completing MCA?
  2. Am I eligible for lecturer in computer science in private college of Poytechnic?
  3. MCA post graduate is eligible to work as Lecturer in Polytechnic college? -- [New]
  4. Am I eligible for work as lecturer in engineering college in Tamilnadu?
  5. What should I do to become government engineering college lecturer after completing B.E in electrical branch?
  6. How to join in lecturer in government polytechnic college after completing MSc Applied Electronics
  7. Am I eligible for the post of lecturer in government polytechnic colleges? I have completed MCA but degree with Chemistry
  8. Am i eligible for government degree college lecturer after completing MBA HR
  9. How to become a college lecturer after completing 12th?
  10. MCA degree holder is eligible for NET/SET to work as Lecturer in college? Kerala SET is conducted for Computers?
  11. Am I eligible for lecturer job in engineering colleges? I have done diploma in computer technology 3 year SNPT and BCA from Madras university, MCA from Tamilnadu open university and ME CSE from Anna university?
  12. How to join as a lecturer in Polytechnic/Engineering College after completing MSc B.Ed in Maths?
  13. Am I eligible to join the post of lecturer in government college?
  14. Can I be eligible for lecturer post in B.Ed college after qualifying B.A with 49%?
  15. Is MSc research in chemistry eligible as a lecturer in Technical College of engineering?
  16. job related How to do M.Phil in chemistry after completing PG degree in general chemistry? Can I join lecturer in any engineering college or polytechnic
  17. Am I eligible for engineering lecturer after completing MSc CS and M.Tech
  18. How to get a job of as Lecturer in a senior college on the basis of my engineering degree?
26th November 2012, 07:19 PM
priyadarshini patnaik

Default Re: Am I eligible for lecturer in any engineering college after completing MCA

Hello Friends ,
Yes, After completion of MCA (Master of Computer Application) one can eligible for Lecturer in any Engineering colleges.
MCA is a post graduation program which is 3 year long duration.The students who want to join software field can take up MCA course after Graduation in IT,Computer science,Math,Phy etc.
It is not necessary for a MCA student to join only software field.The most important factor is the students intrest in the suject & the purpose for selecting the course.
To be eligible to a lecture one should atleast complete a Master Degree in any of the relevant subject with at least 55% marks in it.Higher qualification are also preffered.
MCA is a Master Degree program.So,After MCA one can join in any Engineering college as a Lecturer.
All The Best.
22nd December 2012, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for lecturer in any engineering college after completing MCA

I have completed my B.E can i join as lecture in any engg college.
23rd December 2012, 12:04 AM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Hi,

Yes you are eligible for Lecturer in Engineering College .

Eligibility Criteria:
Candidate must complete a Master Degree in any of the relevant subject

Candidate must have greater than 55% marks in Master Degree.

So you can eligible.There is no need of experience you can join College by giving Interview.

Cool....
15th January 2013, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.Tech(I.T) in 2006 with 63% and MBA(HR & OPERATIONS) in 2011 with 72% ..I have 5 months of experience as HR..I am interested in teaching field..
Am i eligible for lecturer job in private engineering college.Is mandatory to do ME to get lecturer job..kindly reply ASAP..
12th February 2013, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir/madam!!!!
Am I eligible for lecturer in any engineering college after completing MCA in Arts and science college ,

I have completed my MCA in 2012 batch with 82%.
Please let me know I am eligible for lecturer in any engineering college?
How I can apply? Is there any exam for permant lecturer?
Please sugges me!!

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/am-i-eligible-lecturer-any-engineering-college-after-completing-mca-990918.html#ixzz2KmdLMbcY
15th February 2013, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

If the candidates having qualification of MCA or
M.Sc with M.E.,(CSE) in first class can be eligible
to work teaching staff in engineering college,
Department of Computer science and Engineering
and Department of information technology(B.tech) in
Tamil Nadu? Please Reply
15th February 2013, 08:32 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

You should give the NET exam which is conducted for the lecturer after passing this you can apply for the lecturer in the university or colleges. If you are not giving the exam then you can also apply in the colleges to become the lecturer.
If you have some year experience then sure you will be continue with your job.
17th February 2013, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir i have completed my Bsc with 65% and Msc Chemistry With 54.5% so please tell me am i eligible to work as a lecturer.
26th February 2013, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I have completed my MCA degree in Arts & Science college,am i eligible for the lecturer post in any engineering college??????
26th February 2013, 08:02 PM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

Yes, You are eligible for the post of lecturer.

For doing lectureship in an AICTE approved Engineering college the candidate must possess a Master's degree .

Since You have completed M.C.A, Hence you are fully eligible for the post of lecture.

You will be given a high preference as you have 2yrs experience in oracle.

Institutes always seek for some practically experienced ones.

So All The Best
26th February 2013, 11:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

To become a Lecturer you have to qualify UGC NET then only you can apply for Lecturer post in Government colleges.

If you have got 55% marks in MCA then you will be eligible for UGC NET.

UGC is University Grants Commission and NET is National Eligibility Test for those who want to become Lecturer.

You can give NET is Computer Science subject. If you qualify then it will be very good for you as you can apply for Lecturer post.

NET exam has three Papers I ,II and III. Paper I and II are objective type in nature and Paper III will be descriptive in nature.

Paper II & III will be related to your subjects. In your case it will be related to computer sciences.

So be prepared for the above examination if you want to become a lecturer.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th February 2013, 03:28 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

If, you have 55% marks in MCA, only then, you are eligible for Lecturer.

The eligibility criteria required for becoming a lecturer are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of post-graduation in any stream from any recognised university.

* Age limit:- no age limit for the post of Lectureship.

* Nationality:- Indian.

First of all, You will have to appear for NET examination, which is conducted by UGC every year.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
27th February 2013, 06:56 PM

hello friend,

Since you have master degree with you, yes you are eligible for lecturer in any engineering college which are approved by AICTE.

so all the best!!!!!
3rd March 2013, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

Hello
Can you suggest me what is the selection procedure for a lecturer post in CSE/IT.
What type of questions are asked in interviews and what is the salary for a M.Tech fresher joining as lecturer with no experience.
2nd April 2013, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I did my UG degree B.com.,and my PG degree MCA in 85%. let me know am i eligible or not for Govt Arts & science college lecturer.i am also working at private arts and science college lecturer in the department of computer science so please reply.my doubt is cross major eligible or not for govt college lecturer post. plz plz reply fast. Than you.
8th June 2013, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for lecturer in AICTE approved Engineering college after completing MCA from Pune University.
26th June 2013, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir.i have completed MCA in 2010.i want to apply for govt. lecturer post.As i did MCA, i am eligible to write NET in computer science or computer applications?Please suggest me whether i am eligible to write NET in the subject computer science or computer applications.
27th June 2013, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

i have completed m.c.a. and want to become govt lecturer and age of 31, am i allegable or not.
17th August 2013, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my P.G in MSc(IT)n i got 50% n now i m doing P.G. in M.E. m i eligibale for the goverment permanent job in engineering college?
17th August 2013, 10:09 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Hello,
You are eligible as lecturer in engineering with MCA,because MCA is is post graduation with 3 years of duration.According to the rules of AICTE any one whose completed his master program is eligible to teach in engineering course.The person who did their master course in MTech,Msc,Mcom are also eligible to teach to engineering studens.
22nd August 2013, 09:29 PM
maruthidevi

Hello Friends ,
Yes, After completion of MCA (Master of Computer Application) one can eligible for Lecturer in any Engineering colleges.
MCA is a post graduation program which is 3 year long duration.The students who want to join software field can take up MCA course after Graduation in IT,Computer science,Math,Phy etc.
It is not necessary for a MCA student to join only software field.The most important factor is the students intrest in the suject & the purpose for selecting the course.
To be eligible to a lecture one should atleast complete a Master Degree in any of the relevant subject with at least 55% marks in it.Higher qualification are also preffered.
MCA is a Master Degree program.So,After MCA one can join in any Engineering college as a Lecturer.
All The Best.
23rd August 2013, 01:18 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed m.c.a. and want to become govt lecturer and age of 31, am i allegable or not.
To become an Asst Professor you need the below qualifications:

>> Post Graduation pass with minimum 55% marks
and
UGC NET Qualified
or
PHD

So you have to appear in the UGC NET exams in the subject Computer Applications

Educational Qualifications for the UGC-NET exams is:
Post Graduation pass
Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates
8th January 2014, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

i completed mca in 2013,can i become lecturer in engg and arts college having computer science
19th March 2014, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

no sir, no engineering colleges in tamilnadu recruiting MCA for Assistant Professor. they are seeking only M.E/M.Tech. eventhough we have knowledge to train the students, we are restricted by aicte norms. so 3 years of doing MCA is waste i think. am a MCA graduate and had 2+ years of experience in software industry willing to go to lecturer job but everywhere only m.e/m.techs are eligible for lecturer.. so MCA is waste? please explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mask Man View Post

Yes, You are eligible for the post of lecturer.

For doing lectureship in an AICTE approved Engineering college the candidate must possess a Master's degree .

Since You have completed M.C.A, Hence you are fully eligible for the post of lecture.

You will be given a high preference as you have 2yrs experience in oracle.

Institutes always seek for some practically experienced ones.

So All The Best
3rd June 2014, 07:31 AM
Unregistered

what is the future of junior research fellowship?will they become lecturer in future?
11th February 2015, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my btech in eee now iam doing mca from ignou am I eligible for govt lecturer in mathematics
8th March 2015, 02:33 AM
Unregistered

Hi,

I did my M.E. in Software Engineering from Jadavpur University with 61%. Will I be eligible for NET exam in Computer Application Subject?

Please suggest.
10th March 2015, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

My graduation: BCA
My post graduation: MCA (correspondence )
6 MONTHS training in software company
M I eligible for job of lecturer in engineering college?
I want to do preparation for faculty job, which kind of preparation i should do?
21st April 2015, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for lecturer in any diploma college after completing BCA?
9th October 2015, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

I have completed BE at 2011 with First class with distinction.I have worked in reputed MNC as a software engineer for 4 years. I want to switch my career to Lecturer field. Am I eligible for Engineering colleges? I think Master Degree is required.Is it possible to join as a lecturer and study part time M.E Program?

For my current eligibility, am I eligible for poly technic college?
9th October 2015, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for Lecturer in Engg/Polytechnic colleges. I have completed BE with first class with distinction at 2011 and worked in reputed MNC as a software engineer for 4 years. I want to switch to Lecturer field.
11th April 2016, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
Now I completed my B-Tech in Information Technology.I would like to became a lecturer in polytechnic colleges for the branch Computer Science and Engineering.Am I eligible for the post?
27th September 2016, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
I have PG in MCA and UG in BSc. Mathematics and 2 years of work experience in IT field. Am i eligible as a lecturer in Mathematics? What should I do to become a maths lecturer now?
28th September 2016, 10:02 AM
shiwangini raj

Of course you can become a lecturer in engineering college ,, but for this you have to qualify NET organized by UGC , in your subject computer science and application .
After then you have to face the competitive exams for lecturership issued by required universities and then you can do the job as a permanent lecture in engineering college..
THANKS..
2nd March 2017, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.Tech and PG-Diploma in VLSI and Embedded systems do I eligible as a asst professor in any Engineering college.....
6th June 2017, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my Ms.C (computer science ) in 1999. Also completed Ph.D in computer management. Am I eligible to reach in MCA colleges. If yes is there is any AICTE CIRCULAR OR NOTIFICATION
8th June 2017, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

I completed my MCA in 2011, can I apply for any of junior lecturer or polytechnic lecturer or degree lecturer posts
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?