19th March 2015, 06:12 PM
raghav0038

Am I eligible for M.Tech from IIT after scoring 58% in B.E

Sir,
I have 58% in my B.E, and I am from general category, is I am eligible for M.tech from IIT.?

Related Questions:
  1. List of colleges available for doing M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 54% marks?
  2. Marks required to do M.Tech after MCA? Eligibility?
  3. Universities offering M.Tech Correspondence? Fee details of the course? Subjects offered in M.Tech?
  4. Top 10 colleges for M.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Can I get M.Tech admission in IIT Madras or IIT Hyderabad after scoring 2471 rank in EEE GATE?
  6. Am I eligible for placements after M.tech in the companies that are coming for B.Tech recruitment in my college? I have scored above 70% marks in both year of M.Tech?
  7. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE?
  8. Where should I opt for M.Tech course? List of the colleges?
  9. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  10. What is the difference between pursuing MBA and M.Tech?
  11. Can I be eligible for IIT after scoring 26.8 cutoff?
  12. What to do after completion of B.Tech with Mechanical branch?
  13. Which institutes offer M.Tech in Environmental Science or other environment related fields like sustainable development? What is the admission procedure?
  14. Is there any possibility to get a seat in IITs after scoring 546 in GATE with 97.70 percentile with 1863 rank? Can I get MS in IIT? Job opportunities for MS in IITs? Which is good between MS and M.Tech in IIT?
  15. Am I eligible for M.Tech in IIT after passing B.Tech?
  16. Can I get M.Tech admission in IIT Kanpur after scoring 221 marks in ST category?
  17. List of the colleges where can I get the admission for M.Tech course? I have scored 49.67 marks and secured 2751 rank in GATE. Can I get admission in NIT's?
  18. Am I eligible for M.Tech from IIT after scoring 58% in B.E -- [New]
21st March 2015, 05:20 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech from IIT after scoring 58% in B.E

M.Tech stands for Master of Technology. It is a master's degree in technology which can be only done after completion of Bachelor's degree in technology or engineering.

In order to do M.Tech from the Indian Institute of Technology, you need to fulfill the following requirements:

1.Percentage of marks in Bachelor's degree in engineering do not matter. So, don't worry about that. You are eligible for M.Tech with 58% marks.

2.The most important requirement is that you need to crack the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering with ranks less than 1000.

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the entrance exam for getting into IIT for master's degree. It is conducted jointly by IIT and IISC.

It is an objective online entrance exam which consists of 65 questions of 100 marks.Questions will be from your stream, mathematics and general aptitude.

Try to have good conceptual knowledge of each subjects of your stream.Made Easy is the best institute for preparation of GATE exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?