25th May 2019, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for MCA without having Mathematics in 12th as a subject?

Hello, I'm a BCA student currently in 2nd semester. I passed 12th from Commerce stream without Mathematics as a subject and our college provides Math's in BCA 2 out of 6 semester. Can I take admission in MCA after BCA?

28th May 2019, 07:05 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for MCA without having Mathematics in 12th as a subject?

MCA refers to Master of Computer Application and it is a professional degree course with a very good career scope in the software and IT world.

Further, the basic education required to pursue MCA degree course is a graduation degree in any stream with Mathematics as a main subject at least for an academic year during higher secondary school degree course or graduation degree course from a recognized institute. Candidates pursuing BCA or B.Sc. degree course in CS/IT stream are eligible for pursuing MCA degree course through lateral entry as well.

So, being a student of BCA degree course, you are certainly eligible for pursuing MCA degree course.
28th May 2019, 07:16 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for MCA without having Mathematics in 12th as a subject?

Eligibility to persue M.C.A-

Any graduate who has passed for appearing for the final year degree examination in any discipline is eligible to apply.

Candidates must have Mathematics as a subject in their 10 + 2 or any one year of graduation.
28th May 2019, 11:12 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to persue M.C.A. if you have not studied mathematics in intermediate.
29th May 2019, 01:08 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

M.C.A. or Master of Computer Applications is a postgraduate Information Technology course. Yes, you are eligible for MCA without having Mathematics in 12th as a subject after completing BCA course. The duration of Master of Computer Applications course is three years.

BEST JOB OPPORTUNITY

=> Design Support and Data Communications Companies

=> Schools and Colleges

=> Security and Surveillance Companies

=> Government Agencies

=> Networking Companies

=> Software Development Companies
2nd June 2019, 04:28 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

MCA refers to Master of Computer Application,the duration of Master of Computer Applications course is three years.

Those who are graduate in any discipline is eligible to apply.

Candidates must have Mathematics as a subject in their 10 + 2 or any one year of graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?