20th April 2012, 10:20 PM
Parag Vivek Paithankar

Am I eligible for Merchant Navy exam after passing 10th? What is the syllabus? Where to get the forms of the entrance test?

i wanted to know that am i eligible for merchant navy entrance examination i have passed 10th ? if yes whats the syllabus ? can you please tell me where i can get the form of entrance test my contact no .is mob 9762139324

18th June 2012, 01:03 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Merchant Navy exam after passing 10th? What is the syllabus? Where to get the forms of the entrance test?

No 10th pass outs cannot join merchant navy. You need to complete 12th standard atleast. You will eligible only if you have secured 60% in Physic, Maths and English. You will have to qualify in the Joint Entrance Exam as well. The syllabus will be similar to 12th portion. This will be followed by the interview round.
29th December 2012, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for Merchant Navy exam after passing 10th? What is the syllabus? Where to get the forms of the entrance test?

can i join merchant navy with 60% marks in class 12 with commerce stream?????
18th February 2013, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy after passing 10th with 60% marks
18th February 2013, 11:46 PM
Shubham.Patel

Only those students who are in 12th or have passed can join merchant navy. Subjects required are Physics, Chemistry, Maths and ofcourse English(50% marks).
PCM aggrigate 60% required.
Merchant navy career is little costly but the pay is awesome.
Some institutes are--
TOLANI MARITIME INSTITUTE, Pune
SAMUNDRA GROUP OF MARITIME INSTITUTE
INDIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY
INDIAN MARITIME ACADMEY.

Forms of tolani are available right now.
Good Luck
8th June 2013, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

is there a good scope in bcs after12th?
8th June 2013, 10:48 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Here is what you have to do to get job in Merchant Navy. Firstly there is no Merchant Navy exam. Right now your focus should be on completing school education.

Which means you will have to complete 12th to apply for Merchant Navy. Before that it is not possible. Your subjects in 12th standard should be Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Commerce and arts stream students are not eligible for Merchant Navy.

After finishing 12th you have two options. First is to get deck cadet job in merchant navy for which you will become eligible. However please remember that promotion opportunities are very limited and salary isn't that pretty as well.

If you choose to take this path, the next step after completing 12th would be apply for the deck cadet job in various companies. Upon selection you will have to go through pre sea training which has the duration of 3 months.

The second option is to continue with the studies and complete related courses to get better job opportunities.

The two courses recommended are B.Sc Nautical Science and Marine Engineering. After completing any of these courses you can apply for technical jobs of officer level. These are the most sought after jobs with attractive pay packages.

You must be meeting the following criteria for these courses.

Eligibility

1. To pursue these courses you must finish 12th with PCM.

2. Your age should be less than 20 years old.

3. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

4. Candidate should not be married at the time of applying.

5. Must be able to pass medical tests.

6. Physical criteria required include 6/6 vision, 150cm height etc.

There is one other option for you. Instead of Marine Engineering you can pursue B.Tech in Mechanical/Electrical/Technology and still apply for officer level jobs. For which you will have to pursue 9 months long pre sea course in Marine Engineering. This course can be pursued from MERI.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?