22nd September 2012, 12:39 PM
shiva harsh

Am I eligible for Merchant Navy exam after taking commerce maths in 11th and 12th

sir i hv takn cmmrce maths in 11th nd 12th so am i alligeble 4 the merchnt navy exms

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for Merchant Navy exam after taking commerce maths in 11th and 12th
  2. Am I eligible for merchant navy exam after taking commerce Maths in 11th and 12th
  3. Am I eligible to give Entrance Exam for Merchant Navy having Commerce without Maths?
  4. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  5. Am I eligible to join the Merchant Navy course after passing 12th with 60% marks in commerce stream with Maths?
  6. Can I work as a Merchant Navy after passing 12th from commerce without Maths?
  7. Eligibilty for merchant navy after 12th Commerce and doing BBA?
  8. How can I join Merchant Navy with commerce stream? I have passed 12th HSc exam -- [New]
  9. How to apply for merchant navy after 12th commerce(without maths)?
  10. How can I join merchant navy if my stream is commerce?
  11. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Do the students with 12th commerce have any chance of getting recruited in Merchant Navy? Options regarding the recruitment in Merchant Navy?
  13. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  14. Should I join Merchant Navy after passing commerce with 75% in 12th boards? What is the scope for commerce students in Merchant Navy?
  15. How to join Merchant Navy after passing 12th commerce with Maths?
  16. Can I apply for Merchant Navy after passing 12th in commerce without Maths
  17. Can I get admission in Merchant Navy after passing 12th with commerce stream?
  18. Can I get job in Merchant Navy after the completion of 12th with Commerce stream and without Maths?
16th January 2013, 12:33 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Merchant Navy exam after taking commerce maths in 11th and 12th

hi,
You can join merchant navy through two fields:
Nautical science and Marine engineering field
Navigational fields
Now since both the fields are different the eligibility for both of them is also different:
now the field in which you should be interested is Nautical science and Marine engineering field as you can do this after 12 th.
eligibility criteria for Nautical science and Marine engineering:
Educational Qualification : You should have passed your 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics.
you must be Indian citizen.
Age limit for candidates is 16 years to 19.5 years while training.
If you are filling the eligibility criteria then you can go for the exam.
12th September 2015, 05:52 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Merchant Navy exam after taking commerce maths in 11th and 12th

No,you will not be eligible to join Merchant Navy if you haven't passed 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics .

One can join Merchant Navy at entry level in either Navigational department or Marine engineering .A candidate joins Merchant Navy as Deck cadet after doing Bachelor's degree in nautical science and as Junior Engineer after doing marine engineering .

The eligibility criteria required for Merchant Navy are as follows:-

- The candidate must have passed 10+2 in Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics group of subjects with at least 60 % marks from a recognized board in order to join as deck cadet in Merchant Navy .

- The candidate should have Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineering or a Degree of B.Sc in Nautical Science degree in order to join in the navigation or marine engineering branch of Merchant Navy .

- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% in Graduation degree without any backlogs.

- The candidate age should not be more than 25 years.

-The physical requirement for joining Merchant Navy are :

* Height - 167 cm

* Weight - 50 kg

* Chest - 77 cm (without expansion) and 82 cm ( with expansion)

* Eye sight - 6/6 without color blindness defect .

The selection procedure involves of;

*Written Exam.

*Physical Test

* Medical Test

*Personality Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?