28th November 2010, 03:03 PM
Thunder

Am I eligible to sit for KCET exam?

I am studying in class 12 in pondicherry.My parents have stayed in karnataka for more than 10 years and currently we are residing in pondicherry.Am i eligible to write KCET?

3rd December 2010, 02:27 AM
ramakant sharma

Smile Re: Am I eligible to sit for KCET exam?

yes dear you are eligible for writing kcet but there are some conditions

1 you and either of your parent’s mother tongue should be Kannada, Tulu or Kodava and either of parent’s was domiciled in the state of Karnataka.

2 you need to undergo a Kannada Language test conducted by KEA.

if you fulfills these two conditions than you are eligible to write kcet

for more details visit
http://cet.kar.nic.in/cet2010/eligibility_clauses.pdf

all the best
3rd December 2010, 12:10 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit for KCET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
I am studying in class 12 in pondicherry.My parents have stayed in karnataka for more than 10 years and currently we are residing in pondicherry.Am i eligible to write KCET?
The candidate should have studied and passed from a Government or Government recognized institution with in the State of Karnataka. He / she must have studied for a minimum period of SEVEN years during the academic years from 1 standard to 12th standard. Along with this, as on 1 July of the year, students applying for the entrance exam must have passed 10th standard and appeared in the 12th standard examination from Karnataka State. If you have studied for more than 7 years in the state of Karnataka and follow the above said conditions then you are eligible to appear in the exam.
3rd December 2010, 02:45 PM
Sanjiv sharma

Dear friend
It doesn't matter that where you are residing now. If you want to apply for KCET then you needs permanent citizenship of karnatka state.The admission through kcet is open only to the karnatka residents however there are some seats under management quota which is for the non karnatka residents.
Some important dates of kcet
entrance exam date-last week of april 2011
last date of availability of forms
2nd week of march 2011
last date of availability of form by post
2nd week of april 2011
for more info please visit
the website:kea.kar.nic.in
phone number-080-23462599
best of luck
4th December 2010, 01:59 PM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Dear friend , you are elligible for KCET exam because there is no any such criteria mentioned in the elligillity criteria provided by KCET .
Only you will not be able to take admission in government collages attached with KCET. i had attached a file regarding all other necessary details of KCET. so , visit the attached file.
Attached Files
File Type: docx KCET 2011.docx(17.5 KB, 84 views)
4th December 2010, 02:16 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Yes , friend off course you can sit in this KCET exam as there is no any restriction for the outsiders to apply as written in ad provided by KCET . you just need to pass 12th. However if you are an outsider then you may not get governmental colleges. For your help , I had attached the ad provided by KCET. Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: docx KCET 2011.docx(17.5 KB, 102 views)
4th December 2010, 05:36 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

As currently you are residing in Pondicherry so your 12th class will be passed from pondicherry and the eligibility criteria for KCET exam is that the student must have passed Karnataka 2nd PUC / 12th std. or equivalent exam. So your 12th class is from Karnataka to be eligible to write KCET.
5th February 2011, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Am abhishake reddy sir presently am studying inter 2 nd year in andra pradesh .i am planning do engineering in karnataka state .because my mom studied 10std in karnataka only but now she stay in ap .please suggest me it possible to write r not...and my grand mom and grand father stay in karnataka only . .
7th March 2011, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

I stay in Dubai.but,my parents studied in Karnataka for more than 7 years.am I eligible for taking kcet and am I eligible for the admission through govt quota.
8th March 2011, 09:18 PM
S.Gopiram
Junior Member+

You are eligibile to write the exam only if your mother tongue is kannada and you should know kannada , as you will have to undergo a test conducted by KEA on kannada.
18th March 2011, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

my name in 10 marks card is r.bhavana and in 12 it is bhavana.r will there be any problem at the time of cet counceling
4th November 2011, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

iam studing in maharashtra can i appear kcet i have passed 10 in maharashtra and studing in12
11th December 2011, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

vikas kollya,
i studied for 10 years in mumbai
(cbse).i am studying now in mangalore for I AND II Year.my parents studied in karnataka for 15 years.my mother tongue is tulu and i can talk kannada.am i eligible for writing k-cet.
1st December 2018, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

I studied in karnataka for 9 years am I eligible for K-CET AND WHEATHER I CAN GET THE DOMACILE FOR KARNATAKA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?