30th January 2013, 03:29 PM
maha2013

Am I eligible to take admission in any NIT? I am a ST candidate from Karnataka

I am ST candidate from Karnataka, studying in maharastra,, now apearing for Jeemain2013, plze confirm wheather I am eligible to take admission in any NIT from any place in India

Related Questions:
  1. Can a Delhi student eligible for appearing in Karnataka state engineering entrance exam?
  2. Am I eligible to write KCET 2016 exam if I started continuing 6th standard from Karnataka? -- [New]
  3. Which are the best Engineering courses to join to get a good job after 5-6 years? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to get admission in NIT Surathkal?
  5. Which are the best colleges for me to join with a score of 187 marks in AIEEE?
  6. What's the Eligibility criteria for CET entrance exam in Karnataka? Is a candidate completed SSLC in Karnataka and her IST and II puc studying in Maharashtra but residing in Karnataka, eligible for the same?
  7. Am I eligible to appear in Karnataka-CET being a domicile of Goa?
  8. Is a candidate who studied up to 6th std in Karnataka and currently studying 9th std in Madhya Pradesh, eligible to take Karnataka CET? Will he get his domicile of Karnataka?
  9. Is Karnataka candidate eligible for APPSC
  10. Will I get a seat in NIT Karnataka after scoring 150000 rank in AIEEE?
  11. Which are the AIEEE colleges that I can get after scoring greater than 3000 rank in AIEEE?
  12. Can I expect admission in NIT suratkal if i get a karnataka state rank of 3343?
  13. Admission in NIT or any government college for a candidate who has scored 22.5 marks in GATE being an OBC student?
  14. List of entance exams I am (Non Karnataka) eligible to write, for taking admission in engineering colleges of Karnataka? What's the procedure and last date of form submission of the same?
  15. Can I get a seat in NITs after scoring a rank of 1659?
  16. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET(Medical) exam? I've done my 10th from karnataka and want to do my 12th from outside karnataka
  17. Details about Non GATE admission in any NIT? I am a non GATE candidate
  18. Will I be eligible for CET in Karnataka under government quota?
20th August 2013, 03:38 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to take admission in any NIT? I am a ST candidate from Karnataka

Sir i got 45 in maths now apearing for improvement in all 5 subjects will i be eligible to take admission in nit if i qaulify jee mains
20th August 2013, 03:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take admission in any NIT? I am a ST candidate from Karnataka

For getting admission into NIT you have to appear for JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) which is conducted by IITs every year for admission into various Engineering colleges of India.

You must have 50% marks in 10+2 with Physics , Chemistry and Maths to become eligible for JEE. There is relaxation in marks for reserved category candidates which will be at least 5% marks.

In JEE the marks of 10+2 also will be counted in final merit so if you are having good marks in 10+2 then you will have very good chance of getting admission into NIT if you score good marks in JEE.

You can prepare for JEE according to your situation. If you are not good at self study then opt for coaching because nowadays competition is very high and you have to be really very good to get admission into NITs.

Exam Pattern:

There will be objective type questions related to physics, chemistry and maths.

The each subject will have equal weightage and you have to be careful while attempting because there will be negative marks for wrong answer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?