20th September 2012, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for UGC NET exam after completing MCA from Bharathiyar University

Hi,

I completed my MCA 2004 from bharathiyar university .I have taken bachelor degree in Mathematics.Can I know whether i am eligible for UGC NET exam.
If so which subject will be suitable for me?Computer science or Mathematics
If Anyone knows pls reply.

Thanks
kavi

1st October 2012, 01:23 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UGC NET exam after completing MCA from Bharathiyar University

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I completed my MCA 2004 from bharathiyar university .I have taken bachelor degree in Mathematics.Can I know whether i am eligible for UGC NET exam.

Thanks
kavi
Well, if you have completed your MCA Course from a Recognised university then you are eligible for NET Examination, but you have to scored minimum 55% marks in your MCA course to apply for NET Examination. If you have already scored minimum 55% marks in your Master degree then definitely you are eligible for NET Examination.

This examination is conducted by UGC, two times in a year and the examination is conducted in JUNE and DECEMBER every year.

This year June NET Examination was already completed and result was also declared.

If you are interested then you can apply for the December NET Examination, Notification is going to be published soon in the month of October.

The examination is conducted to select candidates for Lectureship and Junior research fellowship post.

There is no maximum age limit to apply for Lectureship post, but for junior research fellowship post your age should not be more than 28 years. So you can apply for lectureship post of NET.

When the notification published, you have to fill the application form online from the official website, the application form cost of NET is Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees through challan form in SBI Bank.

There are total 3 papers in NET Examination and all are objective, there is no negative marking in this examination. You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus.

You have to choose the subject in NET on the basis of your Post graduation, you can choose Computer science subject in your NET.

If you need more information about this examination, then please check official website.

http://ugcnetonline.in
1st October 2012, 02:12 PM
MOUSE92

Default Re: Am I eligible for UGC NET exam after completing MCA from Bharathiyar University

dear,
net stand for national eligibility test

yes you are eligible for net,

education qualification for net:

--10th pass

--12th pass

--graduation from recognize university

as you you have all the eligibility so, you are eligible

the exam is rconducted in the month of june and december every year

recently you can apply for december fro which notification release in the month of october

for more details visit:

http://www.ugcnetonline.in
2nd July 2013, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

i have mlis degree without 10th and 12th degree.Am i eligible for ugc net exam?
3rd July 2013, 06:41 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can appear for the National Eligibility Test. The bharathiyar university is recognized by the University Grants Commission that conducts the NET entrance exam.

Therefore your degree will be accepted for the National Eligibility Test. However having the post graduation degree along is not enough. You must also meet other criteria like percentage etc.

Coming to the subject. I am afraid its not going to be your choice. You can appear only for the Computer Science and Application and that is the end of the story. The subject is selected based on the post graduation qualification. Not the graduation course that you have taken.

Therefore you can not select between Maths and Computer Science. Your post graduation degree is Master of Computer Applications therefore the subject will be Computer Science and Applications.

NET Eligibility

1. The person should be Indian.

2. Should have completed Master's degree to apply.

3. Person should have scored 55 percent marks in the Master's degree.

4. The SC/ST need 50 percent marks as per the rules.

5. There is no relaxation for the OBC.

6. Even during final year you can appear.

7. However you should submit the degree in 2 years timeframe.

8. The age limit is 28 years for JRF aspirants.

9. 31 years is the limit for OBC.

10. The limit is 33 years for SC/ST.

11. There is minimum age limit of 19 years for lectureship.

12. Upper age limit does not exist.

13. Your subject will be "Computer Science and Applications".
4th July 2013, 07:46 AM
Queries Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

Thanks
kavi
Yes you are eligible for the UGC Net exam but you must have minimum 55% in MCA (For Gen Category) or 50% (For other SC/ST/OBC Category).

And you have to choose the computer field because in the UGC NET exam if you choose the mathematics then they will ask questions from the Master degree which you have not done in maths. So, you will be face problems. Better to choose the computer field.
4th July 2013, 06:43 PM
Ravi dikshith

The National Eligibility Test is the National level entrance examination in India for Postgraduate Candidates who wish to qualify for admission in PhD research and university teaching level jobs in India. The exam is administrated by University Grants Commission.

ELIGIBILITY:
  • Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks in Master's degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by University Grants Commission.
  • Candidates who will appear or appearing at qualifying Master's degree(final year) or who are waiting for the result can apply for the test.
  • 55% percentage cutoff is for General category candidates and 50% is for candidates belonging to SC/ST or OBC candidates.
  • There is no upper age limit for applying the exam.
These are the eligibility details of the UGC-NET exam.
5th July 2013, 12:10 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have scored 55% marks in MCA then you are definitely eligible for UGC NET.

SC/ST/PWD candidates get 5% relaxation in marks.

Bharathiar University is a recognized University and you don't worry about the eligibility criteria.

As you have done MCA which is Masters in Computer Application means you have to select Computer Science as your subject in UGC NET.

UGC NET is based on Post Graduation means you have to select the subject that you have studied in the Post Graduation.

There is no age limit for UGC NET if you are applying for Lecturership but if you want Junior Research Fellowship then you have to be below 28 years of age.

Exam Pattern:

So get yourself prepared according to the above pattern.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
28th October 2014, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

Sir i m a biology graduate but had maths in 2,,,,am i eligible for mca course....and should i apply fot net xam in future?
9th June 2015, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

I am studying MCA 4th sem at MG university..i was completed my BCA also from MG university..Can i apply now for UGC Net exam??How to apply for that??
16th March 2020, 08:08 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NTA NET exam after completing MCA
My degree: 1) 12th pass Arts Stream
2) BCA
3)
11th November 2020, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

I have passed MCA from Punjab Technical University with 80.24% marks but earlier I was Biology group student. So, May I appear for NET Exam...?
Arun Kumar Maurya
919565181624, 919452677445
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?