1st May 2013, 02:08 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for UGC NET test? I have done graduation from GNDU Amritsar

I hv done my grad.frm g.n.d.u amritsar
now i hv done my m.a in english frm cmj university shilong
Am i eligible for the test of ugc net

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for recruitment if I am a PG from GNDU Amritsar in Political science?
  2. What's the procedure for getting licence(psychiatric) in Canada? I've done post graduation in psychology from GNDU Amritsar
  3. What's the eligibility criteria to join B.Com course in GNDU Amritsar?
  4. Can I do M.A English from GNDU Amritsar? I have done graduation with 48%
  5. Can I do LLB in GNDU at Amritsar?
  6. Am I eligible for TCS interview after completion of my B.Tech degree with 70% marks from GNDU Amritsar? I have 67% marks in 10th and 59.6% marks in 12th
  7. How to get a job after completing MBA in finance from GNDU Amritsar -- [New]
  8. Should I do M.A in economics from Punjab University Chandigarh or MSc Hons in economics from GNDU, Amritsar Punjab
  9. How may I do B.Ed through correspondence from Jammu university? I've done M.A(Hindi) with 62% marks from GNDU Amritsar
  10. How to do B.Ed from Jammu University after doing M.A(Hindi) with 62% from GNDU Amritsar?
  11. Can I get admission in GNDU, Amritsar? I've secured 87.2% in 12th and scored 94(Out of 200) in NATA
  12. Can I get a seat in GNDU, Amritsar through AIEEE? I have secured 156 marks in AIEEE
  13. Should I take admission in M.Tech(with software system stream) course in GNDU Amritsar or should prefer M.Tech with CSE in PTU? This is new branch which started currently in GNDU, Amirtsar
  14. Will I be able to get admission n GNDU Amritsar in B.Arch? I have completed diploma in Architecture
  15. List of colleges along with their details under GNDU, Amritsar offering B.SC(Math) course?
  16. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available for M.Sc(Nano Science & Technology) students from GNDU Amritsar??
  17. How to pursue a career as English Lecturer after doing M.A in English
  18. Admission in BSc Maths colleges under GNDU Amritsar? Details of the colleges?
1st May 2013, 08:54 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for UGC NET test? I have done graduation from GNDU Amritsar

UGC NET - University Grant Commission National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC two times every year one in June and other in December for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation Degree in any stream with 55% marks(50% for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University. There is no upper age limit for those applying for Lectureship and those applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years.

As you have done English M.A., with the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you can apply for NET.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
1st May 2013, 09:14 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for UGC NET test? I have done graduation from GNDU Amritsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

NET Stands for National Eligibility Test and this examination is conducted by UGC Twice in a year, the examination was held in June and December Every year.

As per Educational Qualification for NET Exam , you need to passed post graduate degree with minimum 55% marks from recognized university . 5% relaxation is applicable for SC/ST candidates.

For Junior Research Fellowship, required age limit should be Not more than 28 years and there is no upper age limit for applying for lectureship.

You have completed MA in English from CMJ University So you are applicable for NET Exam.

Because CMJ University is fully recognized by UGC .

http://cmju.in/pdf/UGC%20Notification.pdf

Only recognized university degree are applicable for NET exam .

1st May 2013, 10:41 AM
Great Alexander of Macedo
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,
Yes,You are eligible for the UGC-NET Examinations as you have completed your M.A but you should also note that you should have at least 55% or above Marks in your Master Degree program then only you can apply for UGC-NET.

Beside this if you are belonging to the Caste category or PWD then you should have at least 50% or above marks in the program.
Note in the caste category there is no reservations for OBC they have to secure same marks as that for the General.

Beside this you may also visit to the UGC-NET Examinations site below for more informations and detail regarding the procedure and to clear your rest all queries:-
http://ugcnetonline.in
1st May 2013, 01:57 PM
goelgaurav29
Member+

Hello, Yes you are very well eligible for UGC net exams.
Please hurry up to fill your form.
3rd may 2013 is last date to fill its form online.
Hurry UP!!
You can have details from following link
http://www.ugcnetonline.in/
1st May 2013, 02:00 PM
goelgaurav29
Member+

Hello, Yes you are very well eligible for UGC net exams.
Please hurry up to fill your form.
3rd may 2013 is last date to fill its form online.
Hurry UP!!
You can have details from following link
http://www.ugcnetonline.in/
1st May 2013, 02:44 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

As long as you are meeting the percentage criteria in post graduation degree, there isn't likely to be any issue which can prevent you from appearing for the National Eligibility Test.

You simply have to ensure one more thing. The college from which you completed the post graduation course should be recognized by the University Grants Commission. If the college is indeed recognized then there will be no issue, however in other case you won't be able to appear for the National Eligibility Test.

NET is the entrance exam for college lectureship and along with it for Junior Research Fellowship. In both the cases candidate must be holding the post graduation degree.

National Eligibility Test is conducted in June and December. The registration is done only via online.

Eligibility

1. Nationality of the candidate should be Indian.

2. Any post graduation degree will be accepted if you completes it from UGC recognized college.

3. You must have secured 55 percent marks in the master degree.

4. Due to 5% relaxation, SC and ST only need 50 percent marks in post graduation.

5. Your subject for NET will be English.

6. Students in final year of master degree can also appear.

7. Such students should submit degree in 2 years or face disqualification.

8. There is no limit for any category students on number of attempts.

9. Candidate appearing for JRF can't be more than 28 years old.

10. However there is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

11. There is 5 years relaxation for Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe.

12. For college lectureship candidate should be older than 19 years.
1st May 2013, 08:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have done Master Degree with 55% marks then you are definitely eligible for UGC NET .So check your percentage and if it is above 55% then no problem for you.

For SC/ST there is 5% relaxation in marks means they need only 50% marks for UGC NET.

NET is National Eligibility Test for those who want to become a lecturer or want to get JRF (Junior Research Fellowships).

For JRF your age should be below 28 years of age and for Lecturership there is no age limit.

You can opt for English subject as you are M.A in English.

Exam Pattern:

PAPER-1: This is the General Paper,this paper will test your Teaching /research aptitude. There will be 60 Questions on Reasoning ability, comprehension, General awareness. Each question carries 2 marks. At least 50 Questions must be answered by the Candidate.

PAPER-2:There will be 50 Objective questions carrying 2 marks each. Questions will be from subject that you have selected.

PAPER-3:There will be 75 questions carrying 2 marks each. All questions will be related to the subjects selected.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
1st May 2013, 09:42 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

No,After Graduation you need to have masters degree for UGC NET.

ELIGIBILITY :
Education Qualification
M.Sc. or Equivalent degree under the subjects mentioned in para 2.1 above, with minimum 55% marks for General & OBC candidates; 50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates and Ph.D. degree holders who had passed Master's degree prior to 19th September 1991.

AGE LIMIT& RELAXATION
For JRF (NET): Minimum 19 Years and maximum 28 years as on 01-07-2012 (upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years as in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC(Non Creamy Layer), Physically handicapped/Visually handicapped and female applicants).
For LS (NET): Minimum 19 years, as on 01.07.2012. No upper age limit.
2nd May 2013, 01:59 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am i eligible for UGC NET test? I have done graduation from GNDU Amritsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test

NET Conducted by UGC......

NET Conducted for Two Post:

1.Junior Research Fellowship
2.Lectureship

yes , off course you are eligible for National Eligibility Test exam.....

ELIGIBILITY :

A candidate who have completed their Post Graduation degree/Master Degree in any Discipline with 55% marks from recognized college are eligible for this Exam.....

For SC/ST candidate 50% marks...

Final years students also eligible for it...

There is no any Age Criteria for applying Lectureship Post but for Junior Research Fellowship Post age not Exist 28 years this exam.....

For OBC - +3 years...

For SC/ST - +5 years

Nationality Indian.....

All the best.......

30th May 2015, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Which university is best for MSc maths and what can I do after it?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?