27th August 2011, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in ECE? Validity of GATE score?

good morning sir,
im persiving my 3rd b.tech in ece branch,im i eligible to gate-2012.pls kindly explain me about validity of gate

Related Questions:
  1. Number of attempts for GATE Exam and Validity of GATE score card being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  2. Am I eligible to appear in GATE being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard?
  3. Can I give upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  4. GATE exam validity is for 1 or 2 years? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How should I start preparation for GATE Exam to get into NTPC being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester of ECE stream?
  6. In which college of Tamil Nadu I will get admission if secured 31384 AIR in GATE(ECE) being an OBC student? In which company I can apply for job with GATE score?
  7. Admission in IIT after scoring 567 GATE score?
  8. What are the job opportunities after giving GATE exam in the public and private sector? I am pursuing B.Tech in ECE in 3rd year
  9. How to prepare for GATE exam while doing 3rd year ECE?
  10. For how many times an OC candidate can appear in GATE? Validity period of GATE scorecard?
  11. Which PSU are taking recruitment without GATE score? I am pursuing B.Tech final year
  12. How to apply for M.Tech in ECE in TANCA? Is there any preference for GATE qualified applicants
  13. Already given GATE exam for two times, can I give again i.e. GATE exam for third time?
  14. Am I eligible to appear in GATE being an ECE 3rd year student? How to find out GATE scorecard? -- [New]
  15. Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  16. How to prepare for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in ECE?
  17. How many times can I appear for GATE exam? How much GATE score is required for admission in IIT Delhi or DCE?
  18. Where will I get a seat after scoring 8845 AIR in GATE and 422 GATE score?
27th August 2011, 05:31 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in ECE? Validity of GATE score?

AS you are in 3rd year , that's why you not elligible for the Gate exam...

And the validity of the rank is only one year..
So till then concentrate on your subject..
And in Gate the Third subjects are more important so you thoroughly study it..
It ll help you more ...

Good luck~~
27th August 2011, 06:02 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in ECE? Validity of GATE score?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
good morning sir,
im persiving my 3rd b.tech in ece branch,im i eligible to gate-2012.pls kindly explain me about validity of gate
No.you are not eligible to appear for this examination.

Eligibility Criteria for this examination :-

You should have a graduate degree in engineering/technology/architecture from any recognized university or equivalent qualification and there is no minimum marks required for this examination.Those in the final year of graduate degree can also apply for this examination.

And Pre-final year students are not eligible to appear for this examination.

If you are interested in gate examination then appear for final semester of your examination.

Validity of GATE score?

The gate score is valid for two years.

So,According to the eligibility criteria you are not eligible to appear for this examination.

More details,Visit the official website : http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE/eligibility.php
27th August 2011, 06:05 PM
dhruv007

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board - GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The GATE committee, which comprises of representatives from the administering institutes, is the sole authority for regulating the examination and declaring the results.

GATE is conducted through the constitution of eight zones. The zones and the corresponding administrative institutes are:
Zone-1: Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
Zone-2: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Zone-3: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Zone-4: Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Zone-5: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Zone-6: Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Zone-7: Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Zone-8: Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee

GATE Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualifications :

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE :
• Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

• Master degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

• Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

• Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognised by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
27th August 2011, 07:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
good morning sir,
dear friend,

Yes , final year student are eligible for GATE exam.

GATE score is valid for only 2 years.

For only 2009 batch it will be announced that GATE score will be for just one year.

But now it is changed and the GATE score validity is 2 years.

all the best
27th August 2011, 08:03 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

yes you are eligible for gate.
and there is no attempt limit and no age limit.
the score card is valid for 2 years.
27th August 2011, 08:35 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Gate exam you can give with 3rd year and final year and valadity is for two years.
27th August 2011, 09:08 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
I am sorry to say that , you can not sit for GATE this year, because they have change the rule, from this year only final year or pass out student can sit for GATE.
For more information you can visit:http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE/eligibility.php
28th August 2011, 12:09 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you are eligible for upcoming GATE exam..
as you are in B.Tech 3rd year then you can apply for GATE 2012..
A student of pre-final year or final year of B.Tech course can apply for GATE exam..

So you are eligible..
The validity of GATE course is remains for 2 years..
so, if you able to crack the exam in 3rd year, then the validity of the GATE score will remains for two years..That means after completion of B.tech course you can take admission in M.tech..
If you have any further query then you can ask in our forum..
We are always already to answer your query..

all the best...
28th August 2011, 12:32 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
good morning sir, i m persiving my 3rd b.tech in ece branch,im i eligible to gate-2012.pls kindly explain me about validity of gate
Information Regarding GATE-2012 Examination

According to notification of GATE-2012 examination the pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the GATE-2012 examination. Only final year and pass out candidates are eligible for the GATE-2012 examination. Details information is available on the official website of GATE exam.

So, if you are studying in the 3rd year of B.Tech course then you are not eligible for the GATE-2012 examination. You will be eligible in the final year.

NOTE :- There are no age limit and percentage required for the GATE examination. So you are appear in the GATE exam at any age and many times according to own wish.

You will get all information about GATE exam on the official website so if you want to know any more information regarding GATE examination then please CLICK HERE

Regards
~Mukul~
28th August 2011, 02:32 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Yes,you can apply for GATE exam from 3rd year onwards.GATE Score will valid for 2 years.
The important Dates for GATE 2012 are
GATE 2012 application form or GATE 2012 Notification: 12 September 2011
Last Date for submitting GATE 2012 Application Form: 17 October 2011
Gate 2012 Exam Date: 13 February 2012
GATE 2012 Result Announcement: 15 March 2012
M.Tech admissions 2012: 15 March 2012 till July 2012
28th August 2011, 02:41 AM
NEIL6

Dear

As you are studying in 3rd year so you are not eligible for the upcoming GATE exam

because the minimum qualification required for the GATE exam is Graduation. Only the

student which has completed their graduation or have completed their graduation can

apply for this test. So, sorry you are not eligible.
30th August 2011, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

Am final year can i apply any government jobs or banks
31st August 2011, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

3rd year b.tch studet can i appied in gate
31st August 2011, 05:30 PM
saugata2008

Sorry dear it is not possible to , you can't sit for gate because the rule has changed .
Only the final year student can apply for the exam now .

The GATE score is valid for 2 years.

thank you
31st August 2011, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

I got admission in b.tech through lateral entry. Would I be eligible for GATE examination?? I asked it, because everywhere the eligibility is mentioned as Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (4 years after 10 2). BUT I would not have a 4 years B.TECH degree. I would have 3 years degree...
1st September 2011, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

I an a final year biotech student am i eligible to give gate from computer science branch
13th September 2011, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

sir or madam,
I am eligible for gate 2012 exam while i am pursuing B tech 3rd year from mechanical..so tell me can i eligible for this or not,if yes then how to apply post my answer at my id([email protected]) plz.
14th September 2011, 05:14 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Dear sir,
GATE qualified candidates are also eligible for the award of Junior Research ... have recognized GATE as being one of the toughest exams in its category. ... (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology or in the third or higher year of ... In 2009 the GATE score was valid only for one year but later the GATE ... ECE, 137853 ...
Thanks,
27th September 2011, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

sir. I am in B-tech 1st year in CSE. Sir, I want to know that when I start coaching for GATE exam. Sir, I do not know about this exam. I want to know that in which year I shall be start to prepare GATE exam. Sir, pls rly
27th September 2011, 10:44 PM
praveendia

As per the gate 2012 notification.eligibilty for that.The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:

*. Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after10+2) and those who are inthe final year of such programmes.

*. Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

*. Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

*. Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

*. Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

*. Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completedsection A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible. as per that pre final candiadate are not eligible.gate score card is valid for 2 year from declaration of result.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?