9th January 2013, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to write NET exam? I am a PG student in Zoology

i am a post graduate student in zoology, is M.Sc zoology is eligible for writing net exam conducted by ugc in the subject environmental science

14th May 2013, 01:09 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to write NET exam? I am a PG student in Zoology

Hai,

NET-National Eligibility Test.

NET exam conducted by the University Grants Commission twice in a year i.e in the month of june and december.

Eligibility criteria:-

Applicant must have to complete Post-graduation with atleast 55% of marks from a recognised university.

5% of marks relaxation SC/ST candidates.

Final year post-graduation persuing candidates are also eligible.

Applicant must be an Indian origin.

Age criteria:-

Age limits for JRF(Junior Research Fellowship):-

The maximum age limit is 28 years, but there is no minimum age limit.

3 years upper age relaxation for OBC category candidates,

5 years upper age relaxation for SC/ST category candidates.

There is no Age limits for Lectureship candidates.

Syllabus:-[/B]

For more details visit below website
www.ugcnetonline.nic.in

All the best.
31st August 2013, 12:17 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You should attend NET exam in the subject by which you have completed PG. List of available subjects are given in UGC website. You can select other subject, only if the main subject in PG is not available under the list. NET exam is conducted by UGC two times a year. Detailed information on selection of subjects can be collected from UGC portal.
1st September 2013, 12:46 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test.It is conducted for the following posts :

1.Junior Research fellowship

2.Lectureship

Eligibility criteria for the NET exam:

>>Master's degree in any stream from a recognized university .final year post graduation candidates can also apply for the exam

Yes ,M.sc in zoology candidates are eligible to apply for the UGC NET exam .So you are eligible do not worry.

>>Minimum of 55% marks in master's degree is needed to apply for the exam.

>>5% relaxation in marks sc/st candidates.

The upper age limit for the JRF is 28 years .No upper age limit for the Letcureship

You can attempt as many times as possible till you get successful.

It is conducted twice every year .The important dates for the NET 2013 in december is about to come in few weeks .

Keep visiting www.ugc.ac.in for latest updates.

Hope the information helps you.If you have any other query regarding this then please leave here .We will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

All the best for your career.

aashisranjan784
1st September 2013, 03:52 PM
EFDRTG

XII Academic Eligibility (Minimum percentage):

50% for General category student & 40% for SC/ST/OBC category student in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together (i.e. aggregate).

Students must pass Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects individually.

QUALIFYING CRITERIA FOR NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY-CUM-ENTRANCE TEST

(a) In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS courses for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum of marks at 50th percentile in ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test, held for the said academic year. However, in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks shall be at 40 th percentile.

In respect of General candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile. The percentile shall be determined on the basis of highest marks secured in All-India common merit list in ‘National Eligibility-cumEntrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses’.
Provided when sufficient number of candidates in the respective categories fail to secure minimum marks as prescribed in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test held for any academic year for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses, the Central Government in consultation with Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India may at its discretion lower the minimum marks required for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for candidates belonging to respective categories and marks so lowered by the Central Government shall be applicable for the said academic year only.

(b) No candidate who has failed to obtain the minimum eligibility marks as above shall be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.

Age Criteria

Minimum 17 years and maximum 25 years at the time of admission.

Upper age limit relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST/OBC.
15th November 2014, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

i am a zoology pg passed student and want to apply for the UGC NET EXAM DEC2014,But there is no option for the zoology in the application form's subject list ,please tell how to apply then?and how to fill subject name?is there is any other option?please give me instant reply as 15/11/2014 is the last date to fill the form!
25th June 2017, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

I am a zoology PG passed student and want to apply for the ugc net exam 2017. Zoology is the main subject am very interested from ugc net so how can prepare in this exam tell me I don't understand tell how to read?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?