25th September 2021, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Am I too tall to get a chance in NDA? Will I be rejected for my height?

I have a height of 6ft 1 inch which is almost 185.4 CM height. Am I too tall to get a chance in NDA? Will I be rejected for my height?

26th September 2021, 08:33 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I too tall to get a chance in NDA? Will I be rejected for my height?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same you need to qualify NDA examination held by UPSC twice every year

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for joining NDA being 185.4 cm tall, then I would like to let you know that there is no maximum limit on height to eligible for joining NDA or anyother post in defense services and therefore you are certainly eligible for joining NDA as far as the height requirement for the same is concerned.

For complete details regarding NDA examination and its eligibility criteria, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
26th September 2021, 10:30 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I too tall to get a chance in NDA? Will I be rejected for my height?

NDA eligibility - Physical Standards:-

To fulfill the NDA eligibility, applicants must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National defence academy and naval academy examination as per the guidelines.

The minimum acceptable height is 157 Cm (162.5 cm for the airforce), however certain exceptions are allowed to candidates based on the reason they belong to.

> 10% variation on the higher side of average acceptable.
> height relaxable up to 2.5 CM where the medical board certified that the candidate is likely to grow and come up to the required standard on completion of his training.
> Carriers from The hills of North eastern India, gorkhas, Agarwal and Kumaon, the meaning of height acceptable is 5 cm less than the above mentioned figure.
26th September 2021, 10:36 PM
Chickuvshu

NDA Eligibility criteria:
To Fulfil NDA eligibility , applicants must be physically fit
According to physical standards for admission to NDA and Naval Academy examination as per mentioned in the notification.

The minimum acceotable height 157 cms However
Exceptions are allowed to candidates based the region they belong to.
26th September 2021, 11:01 PM
periwinkle09876

One who is interested to join NDA must be physically fit according to the physical standards for the NDA examination. The minimum height prescribed is 150 cm and for Air Force It is 163 cms.
Certain exceptions are applicable for candidates based on the region from where they belong.
NDA set only minimum height criteria hence, there is no problem for you because of your height because you are having a very good height and you will be selected in your physical test very easily.

Official website
http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th September 2021, 07:44 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

There is no maximum height limit criteria to appear for NDA examination. But, your height must be in proportion to weight ( i.e - physically fit ).

Examination is conducted in two stages for final selection. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?