25th May 2017, 11:55 AM
Rupali gautam

Being a girl should I do B.Tech or any other course if my dream is to become an IAS Officer?

I am a 12 Appeared student of PCM group from CBSE Board. I am a good student expecting above 90% but this is the main problem. I have always dreamt of becoming an IAS officers and ready to do as much hard as needed. I am thinking of completing my graduation by humanities but my parents are advising me to do b.tech as i have already qualified jee main and also because b.tech provides a nice job.Being a girl they say Computer science or information technology are best as i will have to do only office work in my future job but i m not at all interested in computers.Also being a 12 Student only i don't have much knowledge about b.tech courses and which will suit me the most ? Also i don't like machines etc but interested in civil engg ,construction work etc or chemical engg .Do tell me about all the things in detail so that i shall take a right decision.
THANK YOU

25th May 2017, 04:14 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Being a girl should I do B.Tech or any other course if my dream is to become an IAS Officer?

It should be your choice only that which course you want to pursue. As you mentioned above that you are interested in constructions work so definitely you should go for Civil Engineering. Without having interest you can't get success in any course. Sit with your parents and talk to them, tell them about your interest. They will surely support you. Thanks
25th May 2017, 04:18 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being a girl should I do B.Tech or any other course if my dream is to become an IAS Officer?

Simply I would like to suggest you that being a girl you can just complete your degree in any stream from a recognised University with minimum 50% marks. I am suggesting you this because your dream is to become IAS officer so you need not to go for very higher standard or very difficult degree you can just complete your bachelor of science or commerce or even arts degree.
If you are interested to pursue Bachelor of Technology then you can also go for it. Because even after that he will be eligible to appear in civil services exam that is conducted by UPSC to become IAS officer. So go with your interest.
25th May 2017, 08:13 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

First and foremost you must try to convince your parents to let you choose the bachelor degree stream as according to your interest by giving him the reason of your interest and your future aim is to appear for UPSC Civil Service and to become an I.A.S Officer.

I, think they will definitely get convinced if not then go for B.tech as it is not a bad option for bachelor degree and have better career opportunities in respect to Humanities course if you miss to qualify in Civil Service ( you must need to have another best option for you ).

For any query regarding UPSC visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?