26th July 2017, 11:53 PM
Anita nan

Is the Berhampur University affiliated by UGC? Can a M.Sc degree holder from here apply for NET JRF?

Sir, I have completed B.Ed and now continuing M.Sc from Berhampur University. Please tell me is this university affiliated by UGC? Can I apply for NET JRF after studying here?

2nd August 2017, 10:04 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is the Berhampur University affiliated by UGC? Can a M.Sc degree holder from here apply for NET JRF?

Berhampur University is in Odisha and recently it was accredited with NAAC "A". This university is approved by University Grants Commission for undergraduate and post graduate courses. Your M.Sc from Berhampur University will be valid for National Eligibility Test.

Now UGC has given CBSE role to conduct this entrance exam for Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship. Post graduates with minimum of 50% marks in master's degree can apply for this exam.

You should make sure that your percentage of marks in M.Sc is more than threshold required for this exam. There is 28 years upper age limit for Junior Research Fellowship.
4th August 2017, 07:19 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is the Berhampur University affiliated by UGC? Can a M.Sc degree holder from here apply for NET JRF?

Yes definitely Berhampur University located in Odisha is a UGC approved university and hence degree and certificate issued by same is valid for any entrance examination or further studies and for NET JRF too.

Further for appearing in NET JRF you need to secure 55% marks ( 50% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and PH category ) in your Master's degree with your age lying under 28 years. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For more details about the same university and the academics programmes offered by same university along with its admission procedure you can refer to the link www.buodisha.edu.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?