27th September 2016, 01:15 AM
adarsht

Best institutes for PhD in Statistics? Which exams to qualify for admission?

I have done my engineering in Electronics and communication and done my PGDM in marking. Now i want to do PhD in statistics.
Which are the best institutes for same and which exams i will have to qualify to do Phd from reputed institute?

Related Questions:
  1. Where to do PhD in statistics in India? In which all exams to appear?
  2. List of entrance exams to study PhD in Statistics? Percentage required in Post Graduation for admission?
  3. List of institutes which offer PhD in Library Science course? Entrance exams to get admission?
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in statistics after completion of B.Com course?
  5. List of institutes offering PhD in Biotechnology in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
  6. Universities offering PhD in Human Genetics at Abroad? Exams to qualify for admission?
  7. List of institutes offering PhD(Electronic Science)? Entrance exams to get admission?
  8. Which course is in more demand between Ph.D in Statistics and Ph.D in Applied Statistics?
  9. List of institutes offering PhD(Veterinary Science) in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
  10. How can I prepare to crack Integrated PhD entrance exams of NCBS, TIFR and IISC?
  11. Is there any way to do PhD in Agricultural statistics at Indian Statistical Institute?
  12. Is CET necessary for post graduation or not?
  13. What do I have to do to get admission in Indian Statistical Institute? Which are the entrance exams in Statistics and Mathematics? Exams conducted for PG admission by IISC, IIT, Indian Mathematical Institute? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Can I do Ph.D course after completion of MCA via distance education?
  15. Which Universities in India provide PhD in statistics? What is the eligibility criteria required for admission?
  16. Is there facility to part time PhD in Statistics or Bio Statistics or Clinical Statistics?
  17. Can I pursue PhD in Statistics after completing B.Sc in Statistics and MBA in Finance? -- [New]
  18. Admission criteria to study PhD(Statistics) in ISI-Hyderabad?
28th September 2016, 12:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Best institutes for PhD in Statistics? Which exams to qualify for admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsht View Post
I have done my engineering in Electronics and communication and done my PGDM in marking. Now i want to do PhD in statistics.
Which are the best institutes for same and which exams i will have to qualify to do Phd from reputed institute?
No, PGDM candidates are not eligible for Ph.D in Statistics.

List of the University for Ph.D course in Statistics:-

Indian Statistical Institute,
Trunk Road, Calcutta 700035, (WB)

Punjab University,
Sector - 14, Chandigarh 160014

Loyola College, Chennai
Address: Sterling Road Nungambakkam,
PIN- 600034

Rani Durgavati University
Pachpedi Jabalpur 482001

St. Xavier's College, Kolkata
Address: 30 Park Street (30 Mother Teresa Sarani),
Pin- 700016

Presidency College, Kolkata
Address: 86/1 College Street,
Pin - 700073

Mohanlal Sukhadia University,
Udaipur - 313001, Rajasthan

Sardar Patel University,
Vallabh Vidyanagar - 388120 Gujarat

Shivaji University,
Vidyanagar, Kolhapur 416004

Madras Christian College, Chennai
Address: Tambaram, Pin - 600059
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?