19th July 2012, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Which is better between B.Tech and Hotel Management?

what is best for career job betech or hotelmanagement

20th July 2012, 07:42 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better between B.Tech and Hotel Management?

Well it is really like compaing Apples with Oranges. Today both fields, B.Tech and Hotel Management offer great job scope in India. Few years back I would have said B.Tech but since the boom in Indian economy which resulted in several big restaurant and fast food chains coming to India at the same time several luxury hotel chains making headways in India, I can't say that there is no scope in Hotel Management.

I think you should really think deep regarding what exactly you want to do. Are you really interested in Engineering course. Or if you would like to work for big Automaker, ISRO, DRDO or other Public Sector Undertakings. Even if you are interested in field of telecommunication and IT then don't hestitate is choosing B.Tech as the career option.

I must say that if you really want some very well paid jobs then B.Tech is the way forward for you. You may find jobs starting from Rs 20,000 to Rs 3 Lakh in Engineering. The same luxury is not offered by Hotel Management courses.

Not to mention that you have much larger scope in Engineering compaing to Hotel Management. For example if you complete B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering then there are several fields for you to apply like PSU, Consumer Electronics, IT, Telecom etc.

Desire of working in space research program may also lure you to Engineering. This is something that Hotel Management do not have to offer.

On the other hand if tourism industry attracts you then Hotel Management course is suitable for you. If you can lead a group of people and have management skills, hotel management is the way to go for you. But I should warn you that people require excellent English communication skills in this field to get a good job.

You will have wide range of options to work starting from Manager post in Restaurant, fast food chain or restaurant. But the job of Manager is really tiring. You may have to deal with some very weird customers and make sure that you manage the things very well in the hotel. But this also means that you would get a chance to work is some very exotic locations like beachfront luxury hotels in Goa to hotels in Delhi or any hill station.

Some of the fields you can work in after Hotel management courses are:

Hotel and catering institutes

Catering department of airlines, railways etc.

Hotel and Tourism Associations

Kitchen Management

Cruise Ship Hotel Management

Club Management

Forest Lodges

You will have to specialize in one of the following courses that are on offer under Hotel Management:

Housekeeping

Front Office & Tourism Management

Hospitality Management

Travel & Tourism

Food and Catering
20th July 2012, 02:12 PM
mote shubhangi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherleytwain View Post
Well it is really like compaing Apples with Oranges. Today both fields, B.Tech and Hotel Management offer great job scope in India. Few years back I would have said B.Tech but since the boom in Indian economy which resulted in several big restaurant and fast food chains coming to India at the same time several luxury hotel chains making headways in India, I can't say that there is no scope in Hotel Management.

I think you should really think deep regarding what exactly you want to do. Are you really interested in Engineering course. Or if you would like to work for big Automaker, ISRO, DRDO or other Public Sector Undertakings. Even if you are interested in field of telecommunication and IT then don't hestitate is choosing B.Tech as the career option.

I must say that if you really want some very well paid jobs then B.Tech is the way forward for you. You may find jobs starting from Rs 20,000 to Rs 3 Lakh in Engineering. The same luxury is not offered by Hotel Management courses.

Not to mention that you have much larger scope in Engineering compaing to Hotel Management. For example if you complete B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering then there are several fields for you to apply like PSU, Consumer Electronics, IT, Telecom etc.

Desire of working in space research program may also lure you to Engineering. This is something that Hotel Management do not have to offer.

On the other hand if tourism industry attracts you then Hotel Management course is suitable for you. If you can lead a group of people and have management skills, hotel management is the way to go for you. But I should warn you that people require excellent English communication skills in this field to get a good job.

You will have wide range of options to work starting from Manager post in Restaurant, fast food chain or restaurant. But the job of Manager is really tiring. You may have to deal with some very weird customers and make sure that you manage the things very well in the hotel. But this also means that you would get a chance to work is some very exotic locations like beachfront luxury hotels in Goa to hotels in Delhi or any hill station.

Some of the fields you can work in after Hotel management courses are:

Hotel and catering institutes

Catering department of airlines, railways etc.

Hotel and Tourism Associations

Kitchen Management

Cruise Ship Hotel Management

Club Management

Forest Lodges

You will have to specialize in one of the following courses that are on offer under Hotel Management:

Housekeeping

Front Office & Tourism Management

Hospitality Management

Travel & Tourism

Food and Catering
hello,
well thats right that both field have more job opportunities so its hard to compare them both..
secondly,it depends on your interest that would you like to do job really in hotels???there are too variatons in them but still it depends on your interest that you are interested in hotel management or in technologies...
both field have there own value and importance...but according to me hotel management is also a best option as its new concept among youngs...
so think twice and deep....
good luck....
20th July 2012, 11:52 PM
johan mishra
Junior Member+

hi my dear

best of luck
21st July 2012, 12:25 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is best for career job betech or hotelmanagement
dear friend,
both the courses i.e. b.tech and hotel management are equally good and are having very good scope.
it depends upon your interest that in which course you are more interested.
both the courses are entirely different from each other.
b.tech is a technical course while hotel management involves skills and thinking ability of the person.
7th November 2016, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

I'm persuing my Bachelor Degree final year in Hotel Management at Hyderabad...
Actually I got seat in b.tech., but I refused and joined in Hotel Management course
I was very excited about my future with hotel industry going abroads, getting good salaries, good positions etc etc.., But frankly to say I don't have the satisfaction Iam expected in starting.. Iam thinking to learn the it courses privately - and now I want to get placed with Any MNC I have good skills and talent
But Ian scared to work with hotel industry because it's very horrible to me during my industrial training period...
It's really a torture to me
Brother better you go with b.tech even a small job - you will get satisfaction.. But in Hotel Industry it's very difficult to grow and they will squeeze our blood to water, at last horrible thing is working hours will be minimum 12 hours a day with no rest... The Time may extends some times...
This is what I seen and my experience during my training...

But after 5 years in Hotel Industry you will be king in this, no one cam stop you,
But its very difficult to bare that starting 5 years...
If any one have a great heart to help me to go in IT/MNC - Hyderabad please suggest me what should I do now...drop me a mail to [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?