14th April 2020, 10:19 PM
pankaj patel88

Which Board and Stream should I opt in 11th to study Chartered Accountancy - CA professional degree course?

I am a student of 10th CBSE. I have recently given the board examination in March. I want to know in which board I should enroll myself in 11th std so that I could get better opportunities and more benefits to do the CA course. SO, I WANT TO KNOW WHICH FIELD I SHOULD ENROLL MYSELF?

17th April 2020, 09:27 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Board and Stream should I opt in 11th to study Chartered Accountancy - CA professional degree course?

1. If your ultimate goal is to become a Chartered Accountant then you need to opt for Commerce stream in standard 11th.

2. Now coming to board, Central Board of Secondary Education will be the best board for your stream as well as in terms of securing higher marks.

From standard 11th onwards, focus on subjects like Accountancy, Economics etc so that you can easily crack CPT exam of CA course which is the first stage in first attempt after 12th board exams.
17th April 2020, 02:26 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which Board and Stream should I opt in 11th to study Chartered Accountancy - CA professional degree course?

Anybody who have passed class 12th from science/commerce/arts stream are eligible to opt for CA course, but students having commerce stream with mathematics and account subjects get more benefits as subjects of commerce stream are similar to entrance exam of CA course.

CA Course

Foundation Course
CA CPT is the entrance test for CA Foundation course. It is conducted twice a year in the month of June and December. After class 12th, you can appear for CA CPT exam.

IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course)
- After passing 12th class and CA CPT, you can register for IPCC course.
- Appear and qualify for both groups/group I of IPCE after completion of 9 months study course.
- Join 3 years practical training course after completion of group I of IPCE.
- In addition of articleship training, you will have to undergo 100 hours of ITT (Information Technology Training) and 35 hours of orientation programme.
- Appear and qualify group II of IPCE.

CA Final Course
-After completion of both courses of IPCC, you can join CA Final course.
- Undergo 15 days course of general management and communication skills after completion of 2 years of articleship training.
- Appear and qualify CA Final exam while pursuing last 6 months of practical articleship training.
- Apply for membership of ICAI.
19th April 2020, 10:32 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

---You have to focus on Commerce stream in 11th standard to select your CA course in future without facing any problem.

--After 12th in commerce stream with minimum of 50-60%Mark's are eligible to join 1st stage of CA as their is 3 stage of CA .

--B.com candidate are also eligible to join CA and get directly admission in 2nd stage namely as CA IPCC if secure 55%Mark's in Graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?