19th August 2011, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

Books to be refer to prepare for IAS officer exam after passing 10th standard?

which books should be take to compleate ias officer cource after passingh class 10

19th August 2011, 04:13 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Books to be refer to prepare for IAS officer exam after passing 10th standard?

As of now you can start preparing for the general awareness section. You can purchase books like competitive success, manorama year book etc for reference. Also make it a point that you read newspaper regularly and note down important events. You must revise the same regularly. Once you complete 12th standard you can start preparing for the other areas.
19th August 2011, 06:50 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Books to be refer to prepare for IAS officer exam after passing 10th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which books should be take to compleate ias officer cource after passingh class 10
Hello friend(small Friend)

Actually IAS is not a Course like B.Tech,M.Tech and others .. !! it is a job or service to your mother land i.e., India.

To become IAS officer you have to write and clear a Examination process which is known as tough one the name of the examination is Civil Service Examination.

This exam is conducted by UPSC. UPSC is a govt body which conducts exams like this and recruit top brains of India to be in some responsible services.
for example being an IAS officer is a responsible job.

First of all know about the eligibility criteria
To write the civil services entrance examination one has to get the following eligibility.
->He has to have a degree certificate in his hand.
->He has to obtain 21 years of minimum age.

this is the basic eligibility criteria.
you are a small kid who has completed 10th class probably.
So it is not the time to think about the preparation books of IAS entrance exam.

You have to develop mentally physically get the eligibility.
The exam may be tough if the preparation is vigorous with full concentration then just 6 months of preparation is enough. I in my opinion don't suggest you to start your preparation at this age .

Just be conscious that you are going to attempt a Entrance exam which is going to be responsible for self and also for the country.

so in that way you have mentally get ready for the challenge to crack the entrance exam.
This is all I can tell you No books are required for this ilk of preparation just be in the moment and observe everything around you and follow every thing which will seem important to you for example like

Anna Hazare demand for Jan Lok Pal Bill etc.,,

All the best through out your career
Long way to go

Regards

~AdityA~
19th August 2011, 09:40 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Books to be refer to prepare for IAS officer exam after passing 10th standard?

dear friend,
You have just done your 10th .. So, long way to go..
To appear in IAS exam you have to first complete your graduation..
So, first complete your graduation , then you think about IAS exam...
IAS exam is a civil service exam.. Which is conducted by UPSC...
After clearing the exam you have to do administrative jobs for your country...
so, you are not enough matured now, to go for this..
But as you have interest in IAS exam then you can build you general knowledge from now onwards..
It will help you to crack the exam in future.
Try to stay attach with all the latest news of Indian politics..
So, read daily news paper...
Now concentrate on your study and complete your graduation first..
All the best.
5th September 2011, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

can you tell me about the books taught in ISI,kolkatta. please name them?
25th September 2011, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

to be an ias officer if i want to choose science after 10th............then which subjects should i choose PCM or PCB????
Which one of them will help me in future for getting a good post???????????
25th September 2011, 06:14 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Hello dear You have just completed 10 th and at first please see the following :

Eligibility Criteria For IAS ::

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories.

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.

So you will be eligible after graduation.

You wanted to know some reference books from now but i will tell you that go for current affairs like :

* Anna Hazare Arrested Congress messed it up and its Jan Lokpal Bill,
* Sheila Dikshit, Delhi Chief Minister alleged that the government cannot remark on the
CAG details pending parliament’s Public Accounts Committee (PAC).
* Zardari nods to cooperate with China.

Another thing I want to tell you is that please read newspaper daily specially The Hindu and different magazines because maximum times the poetry comes from this.

all the best my friend.
25th September 2011, 06:21 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Hello dear You have just completed 10 th and at first please see the following :

Eligibility Criteria For IAS ::

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories.

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.

So you will be eligible after graduation.

You wanted to know some reference books from now but i will tell you that go for current affairs like :

* Anna Hazare Arrested Congress messed it up and its Jan Lokpal Bill,
* Sheila Dikshit, Delhi Chief Minister alleged that the government cannot remark on the
CAG details pending parliament’s Public Accounts Committee (PAC).
* Zardari nods to cooperate with China.

Another thing I want to tell you is that please read newspaper daily specially The Hindu and different magazines because maximum times the poetry comes from this.

all the best my friend.
15th October 2011, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

CAN I CHOOSE MATHS AND ENGLISH AS SUJECT FOR IAS?????
16th October 2011, 09:55 PM
chada.rajashekar

hello friend..you should have a minimum degree to attempt for
IAS(indian administrative exam) from a certified university because IAS is an official post which cannot be grabbed that easily.........so first you complete your graduation and look forward to IAS.........ALL THE BEST
14th December 2011, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

which subject imporatant for the become a ias officer
6th January 2012, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

if i take up commerce what should i have to do to become an ias officer
9th January 2012, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

if i take up commerce and maths what should i do in order to become an ias officer
20th January 2012, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

which books i prefer for an IAS exam after passing 12th with science
20th January 2012, 09:49 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IAS examination
Then please go through these books :

LIST OF BOOKS :

All the best..............
5th March 2012, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

b.sc nursing student how to write the ias exam?
22nd May 2012, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

what percentage should be in our hands to give entrance exam for becoming IAS after doing graduation????????????????????
29th May 2012, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

I Want e an ias officer so i can taka arts in 11 standard or any other plzzzzzz tell me?
29th May 2012, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

i want to be an IAS officer so i can take arts subjet in 11 standard plzzzzzzzz tell me?
20th June 2012, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

right now i m in 11th standard i have commerce and i wanted to do become DISTRICT MAGESTRATE plz tell me the procedure
27th March 2013, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

I am in class xii and my stream is commerce.so please give the name of suitable books for the preparation of IAS exams.i am going to select management option.so also give the name of management books.
3rd April 2013, 05:28 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Firstly you cannot sit for the IAS exam after giving your class 10 board exam. Only graduates can apply for this exam. But it is good to see that you have interest in this particular civil service exam which is one of the premier civil service exam. Thousands of candidates applies for this exam.

Indian Administrative Service, Indian Forest Service and Indian Police Service are the three top civil service exams you can give. There is a constitutional body called Union Public Service Commission which conducts this examination. There are few stages you need to cross to finally get selected. It has been discussed in details below.

Eligibility:-

Nationality:- You need to be a citizen of India.

Educational Qualification:- You need to have a bachelor degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

If you have already appeared for your final year qualifying exam but waiting for the results to come out then also you can sit for this exam. But before the main examination you need to show proof that you have passed in the final exam.

Age Criteria:- Your age should not be less than 21 years when applying for this exam. The upper age limit is 30 years for general category candidates.

Age Relaxation:- Upper age limit relaxation is there for the following candidates:

~SC/ST Candidates: 5 yrs
~OBC Candidates: 3 yrs
~Differently Abled Candidates: 10 yrs
~Ex-Servicemen: 5 yrs

Number of Attempts:- It is different for different categories.

~General Candidates: 4 attempts
~OBC Candidates: 7 attempts
~SC/ST Candidates: Unlimited
~Differently Abled Candidates: Unlimited

Exam Pattern for the Prelim Exam in short:-

General Studies Paper I:-

Maximum marks : 200
Number of Questions : 100
Total Time : 120 minutes

General Studies Paper II:-

Maximum marks : 200
Number of Questions : 80
Total Time : 120 minutes

Hope this helps :-> :->
9th May 2014, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

i hav completed my 12th could u help for my preparation to become an IAS officer with suitable books plzzz
9th May 2014, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

i hav completed my 12th i need u to suggest me for the preparation of ias by suggesting me books
19th December 2014, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

I am in ninety and I want to become a IAS officer after tenth which stream I have to choose mainly what is important for this job
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?