4th June 2012, 06:55 PM
meg28

Which branch should I opt in B.E if I wish to do research work in ISRO?

i wish to do research work in ISRO so which branch should i shall opt in b.e?

15th August 2015, 08:14 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which branch should I opt in B.E if I wish to do research work in ISRO?

ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) is one of the most eminent space organisation of the world and to be a part of it is of utmost honor. Now let us brief you with the ways you can get into this organisation.

After intermediate, there is an Exam that is conducted by ISRO. You could have prepared for that. Though it was really difficult to crack that exam (difficult than JEE) as the competition is cut throat but since you seem to have the passion towards ISRO you could have got through that.

Now since you have missed this chance, so now after your B.E also there are various entries that ISRO offers on regular basis. Like for example, recently there were posts of Group-B scientists for which b.tech graduates could apply. So, you can plan for that also.

Regarding the stream which you want to know for working in ISRO, the i would like to tell you that graduates from streams like
- Electrical
- Mechanical
- Electronics and
- Computer Science
are recruited though the organisation.

Also, apart from ISRO, there are also research organisations like DRDO which also take engineering graduates after their b.tech. Though, it mainly deals as a R&D department of army but for a research person it can prove be a good opportunity.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?