1st December 2018, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

BTC or BEd, which is better to study to become a Government Teacher?

Sir, I have completed my MA in English around 6 years ago. I want to become a Government Teacher. So, I am confuse between BTC and BEd course. Can you please let me know that between these two courses which I should do to become a Government Teacher?

2nd December 2018, 05:37 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: BTC or BEd, which is better to study to become a Government Teacher?

BTC stands for Basic Training Certificate is a certificate level educational course and this course is of 2 years. It is recognised by NCTE, government of India. The course is good for those applying for assistant teachers job and it is a necessary certificate for the appointment of primary teachers in government primary schools.
B.Ed degree is mandatory for teaching at the secondary and higher secondary and minimum qualification required for entry into B.Ed course is bachelor of arts or bachelor of science.

So now, it depends upon you if you want to be a primary teacher then you have to pursue the BTC course whereas if you want to be a teacher in secondary or Higher Secondary Schools then you have to pursue Bachelor of Education 2 year degree course.
2nd December 2018, 05:46 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: BTC or BEd, which is better to study to become a Government Teacher?

BTC( Basic Training Certificate)
Which is a started by Indian government so that the quality of teaching is improved. Now a days it has become compulsory to have BTC in order to get a job in primary schools.

B.Ed( Bachelor of Education)

B.Ed is a course which is related to the teaching field in schools. It is mainly done for getting job into the government jobs. The candidates who have completed the B.Ed can teaches higher classes.

BTC is a trainee period in which a candidate teaches up to primary schools mainly students up to class 8 maths.

But B.Ed candidates from senior classes 9 to 12.

B.Ed is more better than BTC in terms of salary and knowledge.
2nd December 2018, 08:40 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

On comparing B.Ed is too better than BTC since BTC is a trainee period in which a candidate teaches up to primary schools mainly student up to class 8 but in B.Ed a candidate teaches from senior classes as IX to XII, so B.Ed is more better in terms of salary and knowledge.
13th November 2019, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

Is there any entrance exam is given for taking in up btc deled
28th December 2019, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

I want to teach till 8th standard as government teacher so what should I opt btc or bed
12th January 2020, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

If i want to be an ias officer what should i do btc or b ed?
18th January 2020, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my graduation with BA... Nd I am confused for that what I am doing for my better future which course is best for me... BTC or B. ed... Or MBA, PGDCA....?
2nd March 2020, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir, Primary teacher vacancy fill by only BTC candidate or B.ED candidate also can apply kindly confirm
10th April 2020, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am doing my graduation right now . I want to know what is more suitable for me to getting a government job in teaching " BTC or B.Ed."
13th June 2020, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Please give me institutions adress for btc training and details.
22nd June 2020, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,both courses compiled after degree.or btc can be compile after 12th
15th July 2020, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Can b.ed student teach primary level classes i.e.class1 to 8 ?
17th July 2020, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Sir i'm doing my graduation bsc (pcm) now.
I jst want to ask that b.ed is good or btc.
I want to become a gov.teacher.
23rd July 2020, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my post for M.A. Nd I am confused for that what I am doing for my better future which course is best for me... BTC or B. ed.
28th November 2020, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

I am doing b. Com right now and i want to become an art teacher in government school so please tell me what should I do?
5th October 2021, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

What better for become a government teacher
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?