5th February 2017, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Can a 12th with PCMB group study Computer Engineering from IITs? What are the provisions for me?

Hello sir, I am studying in 12th with PCMB group and after it want to study Computer Engineering from IITs. Can I get admission in IITs? What are the provisions for me?

6th February 2017, 07:59 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 12th with PCMB group study Computer Engineering from IITs? What are the provisions for me?

In order to study computer engineering from IIT is of India you have to really very work hard because you have to qualify the Engineering entrance exam after passing your 12th standard. As you have studied PCMB in your 11th and 12th standard so you are eligible to appear in JEE mains and if you qualify JEE mains then you will have to appear in the JEE advanced and on the basis of your rank in the merit list you will be given admission in the IIT as per the choice of candidate.
6th February 2017, 08:36 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 12th with PCMB group study Computer Engineering from IITs? What are the provisions for me?

Yes, you are eligible to study computer engineering from IITs after completion of your 12th standard with PCMB stream from a Government recognised board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue Computer Engineering course.

To get admission in IIT, you have to appear and qualify JEE Main and Advanced examination. Based on your examination rank, you will be called for counselling process and you will be allotted a seat in IIT for pursuing Computer Engineering course.
6th February 2017, 09:16 PM
Sameerthapar123

Yes you are eligible to sit for the JEE exams and if perform well even get a seat in an IIT.
The minimum requirement as far as the subjects chosen in 12th are concerned, the candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Maths all 3 subjects at the same time. Also in addition to this, to get into an IIT you must not only clear JEE Mains but also perform well in JEE Advanced in order to get a rank and thus get selected in an IIT.
In addition to this, you must also ensure that you have to score well and end up in the top 20 percentile of your board.

As such there are no special provisions for you or any other student who has pursued Physics, Chemistry and Maths for 2 years after 12th standard.
Let me ensure you though that getting a seat for Computer engineering in any of the IITs is really very hard and you must be fully focused and hard working in order to get that seat.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?