27th December 2016, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to get admission in IITs after completing Diploma engineering course to study B.Tech?

Hello sir, I have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology not Mathematics and studying Diploma engineering. Can I get admission in IITS after completing Diploma engineering course to study B.Tech?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  2. Which is the better way to do degree? Completing 11th and 12th or doing diploma?
  3. Possibility to study in IIT after Diploma engineering but on 12th basis student?
  4. Is there any possibility to do B.Tech without entrance exam for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  5. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Possibility to study B.Tech in Marine Engineering through Lateral Entry after completing Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering?
  7. Diploma holder can get lateral entry into B.Tech without doing 11 and 12?
  8. Possibility to study B.Tech in Mining Engineering at VNIT, Nagpur for Diploma student?
  9. Is there a Diploma course in IITs?
  10. Possibility to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  11. Can I get admission in IITs after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  12. Is there a possibility to get admission in diploma in Mechanical after completion of diploma in agriculture?
  13. Can a 12th and Diploma engineering in distance mode take admission in NITs and IITs to study B.Tech?
  14. Colleges where I could get admission after scoring 88.9 percentile? Is there any possibility for admission in IITs or NITs?
  15. How to take admission in B.Tech in automobile engineering after completing diploma from Mechanical Engineering
  16. How to do B.Tech without appearing for entrance exam?
  17. Eligibility to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering?
  18. Will I get admission in IIT and NIT after completing B.Tech with 60%
28th December 2016, 09:07 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to get admission in IITs after completing Diploma engineering course to study B.Tech?

To be eligible to get admission in IITs to study B.Tech course after completion of your Diploma Engineering, you have to appear and qualify JEE Main and JEE Advanced examination.

JEE Main is the gateway to appear in JEE Advanced examination. Being a Diploma holder, you are allowed to appear in JEE Main only as it is a gateway for JEE Advanced examination but, your JEE Main examination score and rank are not considered for offering admission in NITs.
31st December 2016, 09:23 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Possibility to get admission in IITs after completing Diploma engineering course to study B.Tech?

To appear in JEE (Advanced) a diploma holder can apply in JEE (Main), but his/her rank and score for JEE (Main) will not be declared as diploma holders cannot apply for admission in NITs and CFTIs through JEE (Main), but they can of course get admission into IITs by cracking JEE (Advanced).

And I also think that since, there is no provision for Lateral Entry in IITs, any diploma holder would have to study right from the 1st year of the engineering courses. But, some time ago Supreme Court had accepted the proposal of allowing diploma holders to get lateral entry to the 2nd year by the same JEE channel rather any other separate lateral entry scheme. But, I guess the final verdict is still pending the at court's desk and with the authorities.

So, like our member "Career Expert" said - JEE Main will act as a gateway to JEE Advanced for Diploma holders.

The above discussion is based upon JEE 2016 information bulletin as well as other expert opinion upon this topic. I guess in 2017 the government haven't made any significant changes except marks requirements and weightage based upon Ashok Mitra Committee's report, so we can still conclude that there is no such issue with Diploma holders. However, visitors' opinions are welcomed.
1st January 2017, 08:06 AM
Unregistered

Sir I got 79% in senior secondary with non medical a you wil accept me in Canada for study because I got 5.5 band overall and 5 each.
15th March 2018, 04:37 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Yes you can do B.tech through IITs for this candidate need to face entrance test which is conducted in two parts

Mains
Advance

Eligibility criteria for mains exam
Candidates should have passed 12th from any recognized board with PCM with 60% marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?