4th April 2012, 09:05 AM
Unregistered

Can an Aeronautical Engineer apply for IAS Exam? Can I go for more than 3 attempts for this Exam?

can an aeronautical engineer apply for IAS exam .can I go for more than 3 attempts .

4th April 2012, 12:46 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can an Aeronautical Engineer apply for IAS Exam? Can I go for more than 3 attempts for this Exam?

Yes. An Aeronautical Engineer is eligible to apply for IAS Exam. Because, the minimum academic qualification with which a candidate can apply for IAS Exam is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream.

There is no separate IAS Exam for the candidates by cracking which to be placed in IAS. But, instead, there is a common written exam for the candidates to be placed in any of the civil services like
-IAS
-IPS
-IRS etc. which is Civil Services Examination.

The complete selection procedure to be placed in various civil services is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Ciivl Services Main Examination
-Interview

Have a glance over the maximum number of attempts for this exam.

A candidate of General category can appear for this exam for a maximum of 5 times.
A candidate of OBC category can appear for this exam for a maximum of 7 attempts.
There is no limit on the number of attempts for the candidates of SC/ST category for this Exam.

If you are a candidate from OC category and if you have already taken this exam thrice, then you have 2 more attempts left for you to give this exam.

Have good preparation to this exam and crack it.

For complete information regarding this exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
4th April 2012, 01:20 PM
vikassaini1993

Default Re: Can an Aeronautical Engineer apply for IAS Exam? Can I go for more than 3 attempts for this Exam?

hi
u can give the exam for the IAS if u r a aeronautical engineer
the only basic requirment for the IAS test is the graduation that u have
u would have to give the entrance for IAS
thank u
4th April 2012, 01:30 PM
bablucena9

hi...Yes. An Aeronautical Engineer is eligible to apply for IAS Exam
number of attempts category
5 general
7 obc
no limit sc/st
good luck
4th April 2012, 02:25 PM
sky bhalodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can an aeronautical engineer apply for IAS exam .can I go for more than 3 attempts .
Yes you can apply for the IAS exam because it requires minimum education qualification is graduation and you are the engineer so that you can apply for it but be sue that your age should be between 21-30 for general catagory , 21-33 for obc , 21-35 for sc/ st .
The no of attempts you can apply is depend on your cast for general there are 4 attempts are permitted , for obc 7 attempts are permitted and there are no limit for sc/st .
4th April 2012, 04:17 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Yes. An Aeronautical
Engineer is eligible to
apply for IAS Exam.
IAS exam is conducted by the upsc once in a year.
Examination pattern:
written exam
main exam
interview
all the best.
4th April 2012, 04:23 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can eligible to the IAS exam with Aeronatical engineering.
Because some institutes eligible for the complete graduation with any stream. All the best.
Thank you.
4th April 2012, 04:43 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

I think to become a Aeronatical engineering yot need to do the b.tech that to after completing 12 th class, or equivalent exam is diploma.
But that person can do after 10th and even for that you need to write a entrance do it for three years of diploma and can get seat directly of into 2nd year of B.tech.
All the best.
4th April 2012, 05:25 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

As the minimum educational qualification for IAS exam is Graduation in any discipline, an Aeronautical Engineer can appear for this exam.

IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC one every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years of age which is relaxed for SC/ST/PH candidate up to 5 years and up to 3 years for OBC candidate.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test- Preliminary exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

General candidate can attempt Civil Service exam Four times

OBC candidate can attempt it for Seven times while there is no limit to number of attempt for SC/ST candidate.

For more informationhttp://www.upsc.gov.in you may log on to
4th April 2012, 08:16 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

You are very much eligible to apply for Indian Administration Service that's so more than 3 times.

Indian Administration Service exam is held once in year is conducted by UPSC

Minimum Eligibility for IAS exam

1.Graduated in any discipline from recognized university.

2.final year student can also apply.

Age should be between

21 to 30 years for General category candidates
21to 33 year for OBC category candidates
21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates

Number of attempts:

4 attempts for General category candidates.
7 attempts for Obc category candidates
14 attempts for SC/ST category candidates.

There are 3 stages in IAS that should be cleared by the candidate.

STAGE I ---- Preliminary exam (OBJECTIVE TYPE)
STAGE II----- Main exam (DESCRIPTIVE TYPE)
STAGE III---- Personal interview
5th April 2012, 12:45 AM
rounak_online

dear friend
yes why not
ias require a graduate with any stream
sc/st-9
obc-7
general-4

balram
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?