6th October 2010, 07:46 PM
ankur_pcst

Can anyone with software background jump to civil or mechanical field?

should anybody from software background can jump to civil or mechnical feild...?
i just wana i have completed my engineering this year and i am passout this year in june .. and working for a software company.......... just tell me i do not like this all codes and programming.... i hate all this... i want to go in mechnical or civil feild how should i do this? is there any way or any course related to these trade, so that i got a job in these industries......?

6th October 2010, 09:40 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can anyone with software background jump to civil or mechanical field?

we can't go like that from computer or IT to mech or civil, but you can come from mech or civil to cs or IT...
so that there is shortage of job for the CS and IT student, that is not good option and you can't go. that's my wise friends, go to your core job that will be very much help full for you to shine in life, enjoy the work.....
6th October 2010, 11:04 PM
cmyakal

Post Re: Can anyone with software background jump to civil or mechanical field?

See ,you have completed your BE in computers, so try to adjust in that field.Bcoz I have never heard of a person shiftinf from software to civil or mechanical.you may not be knowning,presently softwares are on a boon, so thatz why many of enggs from mech n civil are doing something which is related to computers or softwares,like SAP,JAVA,AUTOCAD etc.so that they can get job on these basis.If U don't like coding and all stuff,then try other options like,autocad,web designing .....but be in your field,think twice while deciding...
ALL THE BEST
7th October 2010, 12:31 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Can anyone with software background jump to civil or mechanical field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_pcst View Post
should anybody from software background can jump to civil or mechnical feild...?
i just wana i have completed my engineering this year and i am passout this year in june .. and working for a software company.......... just tell me i do not like this all codes and programming.... i hate all this... i want to go in mechnical or civil feild how should i do this? is there any way or any course related to these trade, so that i got a job in these industries......?
dear ankur,

you didnot mention your stream.you just completed BE,if you are from IT,ECE,CS,EIE etc.then i told you ,it is impossible to jump.if you are other than that it is quite possible.

if you are not liking programming then try these programme also:

SAP,JAVA,AUTOCAD,ANIMATION etc.

or you can go for M.Tech studies also.

good luck.
7th October 2010, 02:16 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can anyone with software background jump to civil or mechanical field?

Hello friend

anyone can not with software background jump to civil or mechanical field.

as both are different field.

where one side is core field and other side is software related.

all the best.......
7th October 2010, 07:26 PM
mseetharamster

no you cant go so.
but you can go into companies based on mechanical engineering but there to you have to do software job.

so if you don't like your job you can do MBA and jump into management field.In which you have many opportunities
7th October 2010, 08:09 PM
vik111

Thumbs up Re: Can anyone with software background jump to civil or mechanical field?

Dear,

you can jump to civil from software but there will be very difficulty.
you have to work hard more in oher field.
better is concentrate in your field.

Good luck
5th December 2010, 05:19 PM
lavanyaratala

You can't go like that since it is not your concept and the job also differs . so you try to be in IT only.
7th April 2011, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

I am a mechanical engineer and I am working in a software company for the past 6 months. I am willing to jump to my core companies . Is it possible to do so?
23rd October 2011, 02:33 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_pcst View Post
hiii friend...here i can help you...........it is difficult to go back after completing your btech..........because civil and mechanical are not related to CSE...............its waste of time.............try for testing tools in cse..............it will be better....and it does not requires any programming.........
20th January 2012, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

hii friends!
i am doing my b tech in Electronic n communication.i am in 3rd year.but i want to join a software company,as i am interested in it.can anyone help me in telling what r the necessary courses to be learnt to join in a software company.
please do the honour..
30th January 2012, 06:03 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hi
you want to become software engineer so you have to qualify IIT exam for good job if you do B.tech and M.tech with IIT then you can get very good company.
and your income will too good. and you can join government job also.
but you have to qualify this exam then they will call you for admition.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?