2nd February 2010, 12:36 AM
deepak1139

Can B.E. in computer science & engineer appear in the IAS and IES examinations?

Sir, I am final year student of B.E.(Computer Science & Engg). I want to know, can B.E. in computer science & engg be appear in the IAS and IES examination. If yes then plz tell me the syllabus of this and way of preparation of examination.what are the subjects that prove fruitful to me to achieve success in these examination?
i am otherwise eligible for the examination.

plz send ur reply at [email protected].

2nd February 2010, 01:51 AM
The_Wisdom
Super Moderator

Default Re: Can B.E. in computer science & engineer appear in the IAS and IES examinations?

Any candidate who has done graduation from a recognised university/college can appear for Civil Services Examination for IAS(Indian Administrative Services) Examinations conducted by UPSC. However for IES(Indian Economic Services) Examinations only those candidates who have done Post-Graduation in Economics and related fields can apply. In civil services examinations there are two parts. In preliminary examination there is one paper of General studies and one other paper is to be chosen from a list of many subjects. One big disadvantage Computer Science engineers have is that theere is no paper for Computer Science in the options. So they generally have to depend on Mathematics. The mains paper is more extensive consisting of General Studies, English, One Indian Language, two optional papers and Essay. Finally there is interview after which final selections are done.
2nd February 2010, 08:31 AM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can B.E. in computer science & engineer appear in the IAS and IES examinations?

yes you can appear in IAS examination,because it required graduation in any of decipline .however there is no any subject of computer science in the list.so you have to choose
generally math.IAS and for IES(indian engineering service ) you are eligible and you can join.
2nd February 2010, 09:36 AM
Aishwary

Yes you can sit in IAS exam which is conducted by UPSC and to select in this there is common entrance exam and then interview.....
2nd February 2010, 08:00 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

for IAS any graduate can apply but for IES only graduates with engineering background can so you seem eligible for both and i will like to to refer employment newspaper to look upon for more details in very detail and then choose your subjects judiciously and prepare accordingly and now as the examination pattern has changed so get your self well aquianted with the new schedule and there are also a no of attempts that you can make so it will be better to give your 100% when you once go for it. the employment newspsper thet you must refer for the total details is of (2-8 jan 2010) check the paper published on this date so that you can get every detail about the exam. thanks and byeee
wish you good luck and success .
for more details do write to me ... bye
2nd February 2010, 09:14 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

A degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956, or an equivalent qualification.
Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination. All such candidates who qualify to appear for the Civil Services Main Examination must produce proof of having passed the said examination along with their application for the Main Examination.
The UPSC may in exceptional cases treat a candidate without the foregoing requisite qualification as an eligible candidate if he / she has passed an examination conducted by other institutions, the standard of which justifies his / her admission in the opinion of the Commission.
Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees.
Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination. However they must submit along with their Main Examination application, a certificate from the concerned authority of the University / Institution that they have passed the final professional medical examination. At the Interview stage they must then produce a certificate from a competent authority that they have completed (including internship) all the requirements for the award of the Medical Degree.
2nd February 2010, 09:58 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hi

yes you are eligible
syllabus consist of english,general studies, two optional paper,essay,one indian language

best of luck
2nd February 2010, 10:58 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

ya surely you can appear for ias and ies exams .. you can have your ug branch as your elective paper for those exams
3rd February 2010, 08:16 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

after your graduation you can appear in IAS examination.......
3rd February 2010, 11:46 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

For IES graduates with engineering background can apply but for IAS any graduate can apply.........
4th February 2010, 01:53 AM
gunjan pande

yes u r elligible.

i would suggest you to have a vigil over this link
www.upsc.gov.in

all the best
11th February 2010, 11:08 AM
ami.v.225001

i am c s student.am i illigeble for ies? plz reply
12th February 2010, 01:08 AM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

yes ami you are absolutely eligible for the exam prepare well and all the best for it.. hope you make it in your first attempt.. byye take care...
14th February 2010, 10:24 PM
thakurbaba307

yeah you can apply for both the examination provided you are an engineer for IES
20th February 2010, 09:35 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend,
yes you are eligible for both I E S and I A S,
but keep it in mind that for i a s exam there is no any paper for computer science,
so you have too chose other subject,
but for i e s there is a paper for computer science.
ok best of luck
30th April 2010, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

hi, i have done bca,can i apply for ias,i perticularly wanna know is computer application a subject for ias exams?
2nd May 2010, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ami.v.225001 View Post
i am c s student.am i illigeble for ies? plz reply
yes dear u can appear in ias.
but cany in ies.
so dear start preparing in ur cse line.
3rd May 2010, 07:18 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi, i have done bca,can i apply for ias,i perticularly wanna know is computer application a subject for ias exams?
dear,
the following website will not only let you know about the subjects for IAS ...but will also provide you sample and mock test series for practice...

http://visionias.wordpress.com/2007/07/04/syllabus-%E2%80%93-ias-preliminary-examination-%E2%80%93-optional-subjects/

best of luck
9th May 2010, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

please give the books of IAS exam with his author name,and how many subject's are choosed a B.C.A student according to his qualificattion.
please give me the answer urganly.
from AANAYA
10th May 2010, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

which paper is dere for computer science students???
if u cud provide a little more details would be helpful...
u can reply at [email protected]
20th May 2010, 12:08 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

dont worry, you can eligible to appear both the test either IAS or IES.
But in IAS exams there in no paper of computer, the paper of computer
science are availiable in IES exams only. so, in IAS exams you have to
choose another subjects...............

ok
all the best.
26th May 2010, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

CAN B.E IN ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION APPEAR IN IAS AND IES EXAMINATION
1st June 2010, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Sir
Im a BE(Computer Science) graduate. may I appear for IFS ? If so can I choose maths and forestry as my optional papers.
1st June 2010, 12:20 PM
aviralkashyap

all graduates from all streams are eligible for ias. arts people have a better shot at it, though.
3rd June 2010, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Hi
i have completed my 2nd year PUC and to become an IAS officer which course should i take
plz reply
4th June 2010, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Can a MBA appear in Indian Economic servie exams.??
11th June 2010, 01:15 PM
Rhishikesh

hi i m rishikesh,i want know about IES,can i sit IES exam? but i m T.E. computer engg. appear.reply
13th June 2010, 11:27 AM
compaq123
Senior Member+

yes you can apply for ias exam at one condition its depend on your percentage at least 65 to 70% marks . more information log on www.upsc.gov.in
13th June 2010, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

hi im ram chavan , i want know about IES, can i sit IES exam? but im computer engg. appear. reply
13th June 2010, 08:41 PM
ramchavan

hi sir im ram chavan im in final year B.E. computer science student, Can i sit for IAS AND IES? if yes then whats syllabus for its entrance? please reply im waiting.....
14th June 2010, 09:32 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

IES eligibility is only a engg. Pass out from 4 departments:
1. Ete
2. Civil
3. Electrical
4. mechanical
so,technically cant appear in ies, but through cs subjects options open in ias.
15th June 2010, 11:23 AM
pinnache

But a tough job. Handling engg. And ias together.
One of my friends went to pursue ias after pass in B.E.
19th June 2010, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

am doing b.sc(cs) third year..can i apply for ias?
23rd June 2010, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

sir, which is the syllabus for entrance for com.sci. branch engineer for IES.
23rd June 2010, 09:38 PM
divya_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9A2M00 View Post
1. Ete
2. Civil
3. Electrical
4. mechanical
so,technically cant appear in ies, but through cs subjects options open in ias.
which r the cs subjects in ias?cn u give some link from where we can get details about it.
13th July 2010, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am doing b.tech from electronics and telecommunication.i am in 1st year.i want to prepare IAS & IES EXAM .please give me perfect guidelines.
13th July 2010, 03:29 PM
madannaidu

hello sir i want to be an cbi officer i dont know the way to go so my question is how to became a cbi officer sir? please reply me
13th July 2010, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

1. Ete
2. Civil
3. Electrical
4. mechanical
As per the above reply you mean that BE(CSE) can't appear for IES???????????
13th July 2010, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

i am a computer engg want to apper in ias and ies exam,plz guide me which subjects are best for preprations
14th July 2010, 01:04 AM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi friend
as you have completed your graduation so you can give the ias exam,but as your stream is computer science so you cant give the ies exam
for more detail please visit the following website
www.upsc.gov.in
26th July 2010, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

can anybody tell me what is better for electrical engineer IES or IAS?
27th July 2010, 01:07 PM
kalyan333

Thumbs up Re: Can B.E. in computer science & engineer appear in the IAS and IES examinations?

Definately.
To write IAS examinations,minimum requirment is degree in any course.B.E in computer science and engineering is also qualified to write IAS and IES examinations.But remember one thing that you must have 60% percentage in B.E.this is must to write that exams.
"Be prepare well"
"All the best"
28th July 2010, 12:55 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

definately you can appear in IAS exam.

as criteria to attain in the IAS exam is minimun graduation degree with 60% marks throughout the career.

in IAS exam you can choose your departmental paper as well as your preferable papers.

all the best.........
31st July 2010, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am a BE electronics student just now completed my degree i am very much interested to do IPS can i elegible for this, pls give me suggestion.
26th August 2010, 01:02 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

yes, student of B.E. in computer science can appear for IAS exam.because the minimum eligibility criteria for appear in IAS exam is pass in graduation with any discipline.

but you can't appear in exam with your subject computer science.as your subject is not is the list of subjects prescribed by UPSC. you can take any two subjects out of 22 subjects fixed by UPSC.

but you can't appear for IES exam.because computer science engineering students are not eligible for IES exam.

all the best.
27th August 2010, 03:11 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friends,

for the IAS examination you are eligible and you can give the exams.

but there is no any subjects related to your fields.

so you have to choose the another subjects from the pool of the subjects.

but for the IES examination you are not eligible ,

because for this exam only mechanical/electrical/electronics/civil engineering is eligible/
28th August 2010, 03:51 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

yes, you are eligible for IAS and IES..

the eligibility criteria for IES exam is you must have complete your graduation in engineering field..

and the criteria for IAS exam is you must have complete your graduation in any field..

so, you are eligible for IES and IAS..
both the exams are conducted by UPSC...
for more information you may log on to www.upcportal.com..

all the best..
28th August 2010, 04:20 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

yes, you are eligible for IAS and IES..

the eligibility criteria for IES exam is you must have complete your graduation in engineering field..

and the criteria for IAS exam is you must have complete your graduation in any field..

so, you are eligible for IES and IAS..
both the exams are conducted by UPSC...
for more information you may log on to www.upcportal.com..

all the best..
5th September 2010, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Actually i am the student of b.tech(CSE),3RD YEAR...... some where you are telling that b.tech(computer science engineering) students are eligible for IES EXAMS and somewhere you are telling that we are not eligible......... can someone suggest me the wright answer?????? PLEASE send my answer FROM Priyanka..
9th September 2010, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

which subjects should i choose for ias exam after completing graduation in computer science engineering?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?