2nd June 2010, 09:44 PM
anand mishra 5551

Can a B.Tech 4th Mechanical Engineering student appear for PSU exam?

I m in b tech 4th year mechanical eng.
can i appear in psu exam

Please reply

thanks

Related Questions:
  1. Can a B.Tech 4th Mechanical Engineering student appear for PSU exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am i eligible for PSU exam after scoring below 60%? I am a student of B.Tech 4th year from electronics and communication branch
  3. Procedure to apply for Training in PSU for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 4th semester student?
  4. Procedure to apply for job in PSU for B.Tech(E&TC) 4th year student through GATE? Eligibility to apply for job?
  5. What is the date of PSU exam? What is the scope of PSU sector?
  6. Is it beneficial to do Internship in BHEL for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 4th semester student?
  7. Whether a B.Tech(ME) female candidate is eligible to apply for PSU? Should I have to appear in GATE?
  8. What should I prepare for GATE or PSU exam? Which one is more beneficial?
  9. Companies offering Summer Internship to B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 4th semester student in Karnataka?
  10. What is the syllabus of PSU? I am a final year mechanical engineering student
  11. Conditions of PSU exams for a 4th year student from Electrical Branch?
  12. Can I appear for PSU exam if I was detailed for 1 subject in 4th semester of B.E?
  13. How to make my career in Defense? I am a student of 4th semester mechanical engineering student
  14. Cochin University B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering-4th Sem Thermal Engineering-II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. How to prepare for PSU entrance exam? I am a B.Tech 3rd year student with mechanical
  16. What should I do to crack PSU's? Examination dates for PSU and IES exam?
  17. How to get job in PSU after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. How to get job in PSU after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
4th March 2011, 08:26 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Tech 4th Mechanical Engineering student appear for PSU exam?

No anand

because all psu required graduation certificate

after u complition ur degree then u applied
4th March 2011, 04:49 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Tech 4th Mechanical Engineering student appear for PSU exam?

Sure you are eligible to appear for the exams. Most of the officer grade post require graduates. There are various vacancies that come up. You need to refer to the notifications and apply according. You can start preparing for them now itself.
4th March 2011, 07:40 PM
harshhunny
Member+

yes , offcourse you too can seat for PSU exams..
Various PSU hire students on the basis of their GATE score.
Peak duration during which maximum exams occur - May-Sept.

Major PSUs are:-
ISRO, DRDO, NTPC, IOCL, BPCL, HPCL, BHEL, GAIL, SAIL, BEL, BSNL(JTO), AAI, ONGC, PGCIL, BARC

Selection Procedure
The usual selection procedure followed by maximum no. of PSU’s:-
STAGE I:- Written Examination (Generally on Sunday)
STAGEII:- Interview & GD
STAGE III:- Medical Examination

NOTE:-
a) Apart from these, there can be an additional stage in some of the PSUs where only short-listed candidates are allowed to appear for the written exam. All the applicants fulfilling the eligibility criteria are screened again on the basis of their % of B.Tech primarily and depending upon the no. of vacancies Only selected candidates are called for the written exam. eg- ISRO, BHEL etc.

b) Some PSUs don’t hold interviewer as a part of their selection procedure eg- BSNL(JTO).

c) Though it has not ever been declared by any PSU, the general trend seen in according weightage to different stages in the final selection is:-
Written – 70-85%
Interview – 15-30%
GD – 5%

STAGE-I :- Written Examination.
Duration:- 1–3 hr (Avg 2 hour)

Written exam of various PSUs can be divided mainly into 4 sections:-
i) Technical
ii) Aptitude & Reasoning
iii) English & RC
iv) General Awareness & current affairs
1) Technical:- 60 – 120 questions (exact no. varies for diff PSUs)
Average no of Questions -80
Depending on the level of Technical Questions PSUs can be categorized as

Stage-III Medical Examination :-

Candidates selected on the basis of their performance in written exam, interview and GD are finally called for a medical check-up prior to their
appointment and training.
4th March 2011, 08:56 PM
Arsalaan

sorry, you are only in second year.

For appearing for any government job you need to be minimum in final year of

your graduation. or you shoul have already passed.

further you need to have minimum 60% then you will be eligible for most of the examinations

some like sail even demand 65% score throughout.

so keeping this in mind study well in your engineering and

also prepare for aptitude test they form the backbone of

all exams,
10th March 2011, 08:15 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

B.Tech 4th Mechanical Engineering student appear for PSU exam
For appearing for any government job you need to be minimum in final year of
your graduation. or you shoul have already passed.
further you need to have minimum 60% then you will be eligible for most of the examinations
some like sail even demand 65% score throughout.
Sure you are eligible to appear for the exams. Most of the officer grade post require graduates. There are various vacancies that come up. You need to refer to the notifications and apply according. You can start preparing for them now itself.
Major PSUs are:-
ISRO,
DRDO,
NTPC,
IOCL,
BPCL,
HPCL,
BHEL,
GAIL,
SAIL,
BEL,
BSNL(JTO),
AAI,
ONGC,
PGCIL,
BARC

good luck
7th April 2011, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

ANY GUIDE BOOK AVAILABLE FOR WRITTEN TEST OF PSU'S.
8th June 2011, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

BAAL. You are a baal. You can seat for PSU in 4th year.
12th June 2011, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

after reading r.k.jain objective fully how much chances to qualify psu exam
6th July 2011, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

can b.tech 7 sem student apply for jobs
27th August 2011, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Hello this is rohit, doin B.tech ME 4th yr (7th sem) having 76% mrks till now ; do the PSU's give any preference to high %ages. wat's the best method to prepare for psu's in the short duration of 4 months . which ME books should i refer for psu's . PLLZZZZZZZZZZ REPLY. I WUD BE VERY GRATEFUL TO YOU.
24th October 2011, 05:41 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand mishra 5551 View Post
I m in b tech 4th year mechanical eng.
can i appear in psu exam

Please reply

thanks
hiii friend....here i can help you...........yes,,you can apply for the PSU exam..........ther are different PSU companies like GAIL,,ISRO,NTPC,,IOCL etc............

all the best..........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?